What happened to Trevor Ariza?

So I was originally going to post a topic up last night after his 0-10 shooting performance, but I found something right along the lines of what I was going to talk about. Take a look at this, I was thoroughly surprised.

The carnage: 38.8 percent from the field; 29.6 percent from deep; 70.7 percent from the foul line. I joked on Twitter that if Ariza got hot, perhaps he could join the 40-30-70 club this season. Just for fun, I decided to look at how many players had actually shot this poorly over the course of a full season, with a floor for minutes played and three-point attempts in order to knock out guys who put up bizarre numbers in limited minutes.

The full list of guys who have pulled the sub-40/sub-30/sub-70 trifecta in a minimum of 2,500 minutes (but no floor for three-point attempts):

• Jason Kidd, 1994-95: 38.5/27.2/69.8

That’s it. That’s the whole list. That’s the club Ariza is a handful of missed free throws away from joining.

What the [expletive] has happened to my man?

http://nba-point-forward.si.com/2011/03/10/is-trevor-ariza-the-worst-shooter-ever/

Edited by Confidence

Ariza had one good postseason and people thought he was the second coming of Scottie Pippen, that's what happened.

I've always thought that he was overrated and never understood why so many people thought he was so good. I did not think he should have been the number 1 or 2 option in Houston. He's not a leader, he's an average role player.

He was never good in the first place. Its like Erick said, he had one good (and even that may be a stretch) postseason and people thought he was this great player.

I don't really understand why people are surprised by these shooting numbers considering he shot 39/33/65 last season. He was awful last season and has had three seasons in his career where he has shot 42% or better from the field, is a career 31% 3 point shooter and a career 66% free throw shooter.

The guy just isn't that good.

• Owner

Very good 3rd or 4th option player, spot-up shooter, that can focus primarily on defense...that's about it. Once you put the ball in his hands, you're turning him into an average offensive player with inconsistent defense.

He's a natural born role player...

He's just not very good off the dribble, can't create anything, can't shoot off dribble, can't finish off dribble in traffic... hardly a star in the making.

I'd take Landry Fields over him. Coming from me, who hates Landry, it's a big statement. Trevor seems to be at his peak, Landry can still grow.