Best Lineup

EastCoastNiner

I don't think you can make a real solid case for anyone over New York, but I think it'll be close between them and Boston, I also think the White Sox and Braves should be close.

I would put the Texas Rangers in the mix as well.

The Yankees, easily.

How is it easily the Yankees? There is definitely a legitimate case for them, but I don't think it's "easily" the Yankees.

I'll take Jacoby, Pedroia, Youkilis, Crawford, and Gonzalez, and Ortiz over the Yankees top six without hesitation.

I would have said this before he arrived in Boston, but there is not one hitter in the league that I would want over Adrian Gonzalez. I can't wait to see what he will do in Fenway.

I think it will be close this season, but I'll take the Red Sox lineup and be content with it.

I'll take Jacoby, Pedroia, Youkilis, Crawford, and Gonzalez, and Ortiz over the Yankees top six without hesitation.

Okay maybe I'm exaggerating when I say it is easily the Yankees but it still IS the Yankees. If you would seriously take the Red Sox entire lineup over the Yankees lineup I don't know what to tell you except get your head out of your ass.

Okay maybe I'm exaggerating when I say it is easily the Yankees but it still IS the Yankees. If you would seriously take the Red Sox entire lineup over the Yankees lineup I don't know what to tell you except get your head out of your ass.

Ellbusry>Gardner

Crawford>>>Granderson

Drew<<Swisher

Youkilis<A-Rod (A-Rod will have more homers, but Youk will have a much better average)

Adrian>Tex (If it makes you feel good, you can call it a wash, but Adrian IS better)

Pedroi = Cano

Scutturo<Jeter (Who knows though after Jeter's pathetic season last year)

Salty Dog<<Martin

I'll take the Red Sox lineup over the Yankees.

Mother[expletive]ing what??

I like Pedroia a lot. I know Cano is probably better, but I won't bring myself to say that.

It's not that outrageous to say he's better when he hits out of the two hole, won the MVP in 2008, and had an injury riddled season last year, but based off last season, I have no complaints saying Cano is better.

I think Pedroia will have a special season this year.

Edited by EastCoastNiner

It's not that outrageous to say he's better when he hits out of the two hole, won the MVP in 2008, and had an injury riddled season last year, but based off last season, I have no complaints saying Cano is better.

Cano is easily a better player than Pedroia at this point in their careers.

Anddddd we both know he shouldn't have won that MVP :lol: His own teammate Youk had a better season than he did, played three different positions defensively (and competently, too!). Jeter's '06 was even better than Pedrioa's '08. Pedrioa's just a guy who's easy to like (unless you root for an opposing team, I can't stand the guy) because he gives 110% and plays the game the right way. Undersized/underdog thing too, lol.

Cano is easily a better player than Pedroia at this point in their careers.

Anddddd we both know he shouldn't have won that MVP :lol: His own teammate Youk had a better season than he did, played three different positions defensively (and competently, too!). Jeter's '06 was even better than Pedrioa's '08. Pedrioa's just a guy who's easy to like (unless you root for an opposing team, I can't stand the guy) because he gives 110% and plays the game the right way. Undersized/underdog thing too, lol.

I would have given the MVP to Youkilis as well, but it was obvious it was going to go to Pedroia for his season AND his underdog story. I disagree with him being just a guy who's easy to like. I fully expect him to hit well over .300 this year with the protection he has behind him. I'm thinking around a .320 average hopefully......

Adrian Gonzalez for MVP.

I disagree with him being just a guy who's easy to like.

Something gave him that award... A lot of people say East Coast Bias, but that alone would have given it to the more deserving Youk, so there had to be something about the little pipsqueek charmer that people liked :lol

Something gave him that award... A lot of people say East Coast Bias, but that alone would have given it to the more deserving Youk, so there had to be something about the little pipsqueek charmer that people liked :lol

If you're just talking about that one season, then yes, I agree it's because he was the undersized underdog that everyone liked, along with his very good season.

Cano can take a back seat at the all-star game to Pedroia, and can watch him in the World Series. :glasses: .

I'm feeling really confident this year.

Based on paper, obviously, I'll take the Red Sox. Yankees close behind.

I'd disagree about the Rockies. Gonzalez and Tulowitzki might be as good of a 1-2 punch as there is, but the rest is so hit or miss. I'd take the Braves over them easily.

I'd disagree about the Rockies. Gonzalez and Tulowitzki might be as good of a 1-2 punch as there is, but the rest is so hit or miss. I'd take the Braves over them easily.

I love the Brewers 1-5 hitters, but our 6-8 completley suck.

Best lineup would probably have to be the Red Sox or Rangers.

You guys don't have your heads in your ass, do you? :lol: .

Anyways, I'm really looking forward to seeing what the Red Sox lineup can do this season. I'm expecting MONSTER numbers from Adrian. Hopefully Ortiz isn't pitul, and doesn't hit into the shift ever AB.

On paper the Red Sox lineup is definitely the best, and that's coming from a big Yankees fan. But if Jeter and Tex bounce back from poor seasons last year, then it could definitely be the Yankees at the end of September.

Seth Smith is vastly overrated, and if Iannetta could hit for average this season, I definitely like our chances.

Oh yeah, and if Helton has a year like we all know he can, then we'd be in good shape.

Plus if we play all of our games at Coors Field then theres no debating it

Seth Smith is vastly overrated, and if Iannetta could hit for average this season, I definitely like our chances.

Oh yeah, and if Helton has a year like we all know he can, then we'd be in good shape.

Plus if we play all of our games at Coors Field then theres no debating it

It's very simple to prove that the Rockies will have the best offense in baseball...

http://i54.tinypic.com/sdg460.jpg

Honestly, I think its the Yankees no contest. Don't see how people justify putting the Sox in there, they consistently have the most over rated hitters in baseball. Varitek, Pedroia, Crawford, Ellsbury...

Honestly, I think its the Yankees no contest. Don't see how people justify putting the Sox in there, they consistently have the most over rated hitters in baseball. Varitek, Pedroia, Crawford, Ellsbury...

Who thinks Varitek is good? I don't think many people think Ellbury is a very good hitter, but he's a major threat on the base paths.

However, I don't see how Pedroia and Crawford are over-rated.