48÷2(9+3) = ????

Lkr

xD

Then I have no idea lol.PEMDAS, was i supposed to divide first or something?

pemdas, exactly. you do the parenthesis first so it simplifies to:

48/2*(12)

then you go left to right, so its 24*12 which equals 288

with pemdas, md and as are interchangeable, but you have to go from left to right after simplifying the P and E

Pemdas? We were always taught BEDMAS (brackets, exponents, division, multiplication, adding, subtracting). Weird.

Same thing, pretty much. PEMDAS is (Parenthesis, exponents, multiplication, division, adding, subtracting).

Pemdas? We were always taught BEDMAS (brackets, exponents, division, multiplication, adding, subtracting). Weird.

same thing, but with both, you have to understand the rule that when going left to right, multiplication/division and addition/subtraction are interchangeable.

same thing, but with both, you have to understand the rule that when going left to right, multiplication/division and addition/subtraction are interchangeable.

Actually, that makes sense. I remember learning about that in high school.

the problem is the ambiguity of the equation when written like this. usually you would see it as 48/2 and then see the (9+3) as separate entities. the way it is written here makes it look like it is 48/(2[9+3])