Will there be any first round upsets?

Buckets!

In the east, definitely not.. i dont see any of those matchups really appealing, in the west you can get upsets from Memphis, Denver, Portland for sure. Portland can beat LA/Dallas for sure, and Memphis will give whoever they play a run for their money.

I really dont see why everyone is so high on Memphis. They are a good team no doubt but they are not ready for the big stage. Hell do they even have anyone on that roster that has played an NBA playoff game? Let alone upset the Spurs when they have HCA or the defending champions?

People seem to forget the Spurs have only lost 5 games at home and at least 1 of those games 1 or more of the big three didn't play.

Whether it's LA or SA that series goes 5 MAX. Not even Dallas could choke away that series with HC.

Portland/Denver could beat Dallas (still don't think it happens), but I highly doubt they beat the Lakers....

I really dont see why everyone is so high on Memphis. They are a good team no doubt but they are not ready for the big stage. Hell do they even have anyone on that roster that has played an NBA playoff game? Let alone upset the Spurs when they have HCA or the defending champions?

People seem to forget the Spurs have only lost 5 games at home and at least 1 of those games 1 or more of the big three didn't play.

Whether it's LA or SA that series goes 5 MAX. Not even Dallas could choke away that series with HC.

Portland/Denver could beat Dallas (still don't think it happens), but I highly doubt they beat the Lakers....

Memphis isn't even that good...people are really overrating the hell out of them. They had a nice season but they really are not that great. I don't expect them to give any of the top seeds trouble.

I think Portland will beat Dallas if that ends up being the matchup, in 7 games. Every game will be close but I think Portland will be able to pull it out.

^It would be a different story if Memphis still had Rudy...

Very true - I agree. But I've seen them several times against the Knicks, and although they play very very hard and get after you on defense, the team just isn't that great. They are definitely lacking "something" and I think Rudy Gay could provide that "something" if he wasn't injured.

I think the only upset in the first round is gunna be Portland over whoever they play. I'm getting a little ahead of myself, but I think the second round could be crazy. The Lakers always have issues with Portland, the Spurs are fading, Chicago is unproven, Boston is old and who knows how the Heat will mesh throughout a long series. It should be a great postseason, with no run-away favorite and no team that seems invincible.

Knicks over Celtics isn't a longshot at all, the Knicks just needed time to get better and develop chemistry, and they made a big push towards the playoffs. The Celtics on the other hand, lost all momentum they had after the big trade. The Knicks should win this series fairly easily if everything goes right for them

I'm really excited for the playoffs this year. We have a healthy Marcus Camby, a much healthier Brandon Roy, LaMarcus Aldridge is having a career year, a better Nic Batum, a dangerous Wesley Matthews and then you add in Gerald Wallace? Hells yes!

• 2 weeks later...