GM1: New York at Boston

Real Deal

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm gonna cry about it, that's about it haha.. I'm still sick to my stomach today..

Me too bud, especially after watching this

what a tragedy it would be if this series ends up going 7 games and we lose...

If I were a Knicks fan, I'd be angrier about the Celtics players being on the court during play making contact with their teammates on the court rather than the KG "trip". I'm not sure if it really was an illegal screen or trip, but I don't know why there was no technical foul at the end of the game....

Yeah that was St. John's-esque, there was still like 3-4 seconds on the clock when KG got the rebound and I think someone tried to foul him but I understand what happen, just like when it happened for St. John's, people just get lost in the moment...When Ray Allen hit his three he was celebrating forgetting the Knicks didn't have a TO and had to push, almost hurt him, lucky he realized...

Yeah that was St. John's-esque, there was still like 3-4 seconds on the clock when KG got the rebound and I think someone tried to foul him but I understand what happen, just like when it happened for St. John's, people just get lost in the moment...When Ray Allen hit his three he was celebrating forgetting the Knicks didn't have a TO and had to push, almost hurt him, lucky he realized...

I see where you are going with this but the St.Johns-Rutgers play was much more blatant imo.

Yeah, that was a heart-breaking loss for the Knicks, but they shot themselves in the foot with the uncontested alley-oop play out of the timeout. The offensive foul on Melo was a flop by Pierce, and the KG trip should have been an offensive foul, but that is prototypical Celtic basketball that you can't do much about. However, that alley-oop was inexcusable, and probably cost them the chance to win the game, or at least send it to OT.

Yeah, that was a heart-breaking loss for the Knicks, but they shot themselves in the foot with the uncontested alley-oop play out of the timeout.

I thought the most crucial play was Bill Walker's foul that gave Ray Ray an and-1 under the basket on what was a seemingly broken play. Knicks come away from that with the 4 point lead and the ball, they can likely ice things.. but instead came away with a 1 point lead and then the awful offensive foul call.

In the end, the Knicks are the Knicks. Won't play defense, and will make boneheaded mistakes on defense. It's what they do. Back to back egregious calls from the refs, however, is something that was absolutely crucial in the last 20 seconds of the game and affected the outcome. Can't stomach that.

I thought the most crucial play was Bill Walker's foul that gave Ray Ray an and-1 under the basket on what was a seemingly broken play. Knicks come away from that with the 4 point lead and the ball, they can likely ice things.. but instead came away with a 1 point lead and then the awful offensive foul call.

In the end, the Knicks are the Knicks. Won't play defense, and will make boneheaded mistakes on defense. It's what they do. Back to back egregious calls from the refs, however, is something that was absolutely crucial in the last 20 seconds of the game and affected the outcome. Can't stomach that.

Knicks defense was the best I've ever seen it last night. Turiaf was an actual presence (shockingly) inside and Stoudemire was better than usual. The defense wasn't even the issue, their offense wasn't that great. In the 2nd half they only scored, what, 34 points? Come on. If you told me before game 1, the Knicks are going to score 34 points in the 2nd half, I'd say, "Ok, they'll lose by 20."

The second half there was not nearly enough ball movement, they came out playing not to lose, as opossed to playing to win, happened at MSG earlier this year too, they need to learn to stick with what got them the lead...

Knicks defense was the best I've ever seen it last night.

Being fair, Boston's offense was the worst I've seen it last night. Pierce was off and looked old, Garnett looked old and failed to finish around the basket, Allen was relatively quiet for large stretches (I thought Fields did an unheralded job against him for parts of the game), and Rondo played terribly (numbers don't show it, but he had a very un-Rondo game). Was that a result of the Knicks playing great defense? Maybe a little.

Being fair, Boston's offense was the worst I've seen it last night. Pierce was off and looked old, Garnett looked old and failed to finish around the basket, Allen was relatively quiet for large stretches (I thought Fields did an unheralded job against him for parts of the game), and Rondo played terribly (numbers don't show it, but he had a very un-Rondo game). Was that a result of the Knicks playing great defense? Maybe a little.

Their defense wasn't great, but at least the Celtics didn't get everything at ease, especially around the rim, which we got used to seeing earlier in the year. Turiaf and Stoudemire had a few blocks, Knicks ended up with like 7 or 8 blocks I believe, which shows they were at least forcing Boston to shoot from the perimeter.

Fields was horrendous in that game last night besides his defense at times. But honestly, offensively he was just so bad. He looked clueless out there. Idk what his problem is. I'm starting to (sadly) think he just isn't as good as we once thought he was.

He just didn't look like he wanted to assert himself. All of his aggressiveness is completely gone. At the very least, he wasn't out there chucking or making terrible decisions on offense and was asserting himself completely defensively.

Fields since the Melo trade reminds me 100% of Gallo last year after the T-Mac trade.