GM1: New York at Boston

Real Deal

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The offensive foul on Melo was bullshit. Wasn't an offensive foul on Pierce though. That was a great game though. Ray is amazing! Came up HUGE in that second half! Gotta also give credits to KG and Amare who both have been playing good on both ends of the floor

Lol the end of the game was so horribly managed by Mike D'Antoni and the refs.

First of all, I guess I should expect it to be biased towards Boston. No way they are calling a foul on Allen, Pierce, or Garnett at the end fighting for position at the FT-line extended. Give me a [expletive]ing break.

Secondly, how does D'Antoni manage to leave us with 0 TO's at the end. You have to figure we'll need to advance to half court.

Lastly, Prior to that even, you can't give up an alley oop from half [expletive]ing court on an inbounds play. The game was so mismanaged by D'Antoni at the end and the refs that it really ruined the ending for me.

The Celtics have ran that play to get Allen that three so many times at the end of the games that it's predictable now. Teams should know that it's coming but still aren't able to do anything.

At the end its either a cut/roll to the rim for an oop, Pierce freethrow line jumper or a baseline screen for Ray to get him a three. They are very much predictable but also are very hard to stop. Especially if you dont play good consistent defense as it is.

The Celtics have ran that play to get Allen that three so many times at the end of the games that it's predictable now. Teams should know that it's coming but still aren't able to do anything.

Well when the guy gets tripped/trips on a screen, pretty hard to play defense. (Hard to tell if Garnett kinda moved at the end to propel the trip, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say Toney just got tangled up...but that could've been an offensive foul considering Melo's was)...

Not going to Amare and relying on Melo down the stretch lost this game for NY. Amare went ape shit in the 4th while Melo looked like dog shit. You had to keep going with STAT. Also, no excuse for giving up that alley oop to KG. D'Antoni managed his TO's horribly as well.

This was NY's chance to steal one and they completely blew it. I expect a Boston blowout in game 2 and then we'll see if NY can win both at MSG, I just don't see this one going past 5 games.

Huge mistake that has gone unnoticed.... Knicks had Anthony Carter in during the possession where Melo was called for the offensive foul. Why did Dumbtoni leave a basically inept offensive player instead of having Walker or Williams, who happen to be good 3PT shooters, to possibly prevent the C's from doubling Melo/Amare? It cannot be for defensive purposes because the C's had a timeout remaining which they were clearly going to use regardless of what the Knicks did on that possession.

Oh yeah, and how many times is Melo going to settle for uncontested threes? Terrible idea to go for a three at the end of the game when you're double teamed..

Well when the guy gets tripped/trips on a screen, pretty hard to play defense. (Hard to tell if Garnett kinda moved at the end to propel the trip, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say Toney just got tangled up...but that could've been an offensive foul considering Melo's was)...

http://i55.tinypic.com/28w0vu8.jpg

• Like 1

How did the Knicks not have 8 guys guarding Ray Allen on that play? Seriously, that play has been run into the ground by the Celts and it works 9 times out of 10. Great finish to a great game.

It was funny seeing my friend excited out on the ball court when I told him "85-84 Knicks with 23 seconds left" and him jumping for joy about the possible steal of game one by the Knicks only to crush his hopes. :lol:

Huge mistake that has gone unnoticed.... Knicks had Anthony Carter in during the possession where Melo was called for the offensive foul. Why did Dumbtoni leave a basically inept offensive player instead of having Walker or Williams, who happen to be good 3PT shooters, to possibly prevent the C's from doubling Melo/Amare? It cannot be for defensive purposes because the C's had a timeout remaining which they were clearly going to use regardless of what the Knicks did on that possession.

Oh yeah, and how many times is Melo going to settle for uncontested threes? Terrible idea to go for a three at the end of the game when you're double teamed..

Carter's another ball handler. Plus, Carters great at moving the ball. If he did get it. He would be able to penetrate and kick to an open player. That's Carter's strength. Let's be honest, the balls not coming out of Carmelo's hand at the end of the game...That's what we got him for - make it or miss, he's the guy in the final two minutes.

this is not interesting to anybody?

Nah it is. The offensive foul on Carmelo was ridiculous too. There MAY have been on a foul on Allen on the final shot by Carmelo. There was a lotta BS unfortunately to this game. Allen also had a moving backdoor screen when Garnett got the alley oop. Tough loss, gotta regroup though. Still, if you steal this next game, all is pretty much forgotten in the first. Our goal was to get ONE game away, and then we play at our place (where the Knicks are wayyy better)

this is not interesting to anybody?

It certainly is, but what are you gonna do tho? Pierce also lower his shoulder into Melo at the beginning at the possession, which was probably just as much of a foul as Melo's was...At the end of the day though we missed the important shots down the stretch...

Edited by Pinkie Pie

Man I really thought the Knicks had this one! Celtics might still have some life in them after all

If I were a Boston fan I'd still be worried. The Celtics shouldn't have to win at home on a game winner from Ray against the Knicks. Let's see how game 2 goes but game 1 wasn't very encouraging at all for Celtic fans I'd assume.