My New Site - DailyPoll.me

FYI guys - At the bottom of the poll there is an option to submit your own. If you do this and we accept yours you will currently earn a bonus point. We may be upping that amount to 3 soon. It'll be a way to pull away from others on the leader board as well as get poll questions you are truly interested in.

The homepage still says you havent even launched yet ha

haha click Register in the top right corner. haha that's my bad.

We're still trying to keep things relatively low key while we work out some slight changes and what not. In a day or two we'll be changing the homepage to a more welcoming one that lets everyone know we're open! :)

Sorry for the confusion. :P

Coca-Cola got my vote.

Also, when will there be a page with the prizes on them?

I'm going to wait about a month before I put a prize up. Right now we have 32 users all around the same point value. I'd like to get to at least 100 before I give something away. We haven't really advertised the site yet (no Twitter, no blogs) as we're implementing a few of the suggestions we've gathered so far. Once we get those done we'll be good to go.

The first prize will be a $15 iTunes gift card though. We'll probably give it out in the form of an auction.

My username <_< . I forgot I put Guru instead of youngguru.

haha that'll do it. :)

Submit your own polls for bonus points (if we choose them).

Also, leave any feedback/suggestions/additions that you come up with as we'll be polishing things up over the next few days.

In case anyone hasn't voted today, just a reminder to do so. I'll be putting a new poll up in a few hours. I also might sneak two in tomorrow just to see who's really checking. It'll be a nice bonus to those who check the site without me reminding them. ;)

On a side note, once we make the proper additions and changes to DailyPoll.me as well as promote it to a level that I'm happy with, I will be looking into two more ideas that I have. With any luck, all three of these "projects" or "ideas" will be a success.

Is it really necessary that you and the other owner vote in the polls? Like I don't get what the point is if the person who puts the poll up will always be in first place, hence getting the prize.

I don't see why us voting in the polls would be a problem as we're obviously not going to be claiming a prize.

Right now there's two ways for a poll to show up on the site.

1) We can directly submit a poll of our own using a form very similar to the one a regular user can use. This nets us 0 bonus points for obvious reasons.

2) This is the way users can control the polls they see on the site. If you submit a poll that is chosen you get a bonus point (will soon be upped to 3).

You're right about whoever is in first place (besides me and Zack) likely getting the prize. I guess that should encourage everyone below them to stay active each day so they can say close. I'm aware that over time this will also be a problem as it will discourage new users from participating.

We're trying to think of fair ways to reward everyone with prizes. Ultimately the more ad revenue the site generates means the more prizes available. I'd love to have a system set up where we could say 100 points = $15 gift card ... no auction needed. Hopefully someday that will be possible but right now it just isn't.