2011 New York Giants

• 2 months later...

Excited to see how the rookies respond in camp, as well as the sophomores who didn't see a ton of time last year. I want a lot of action out of the DT's (Austin and Joseph).

Talk already of Stephen Nicholas coming in for a visit, hopefully that goes well.

Can't wait to see how everything works out in the next week.

Rich Seubert has been informed that he will be released. Sad day, he's always been such a fighter for this franchise. Hopefully there is a "welcomed back" theme if he's able to recover from his knee surgery.

Nick Barnett has also been informed that he will be traded or released, I think that would be a great pickup for us. We've needed a good ILB since Pierce went downhill.

A great story is the signing of Mark Herzlich. Battling Ewing's Sarcoma in '09, he returned healthy for '10 and played in every game. A true fighter and somebody I'll be glad to root for with the Giants. I pray for his continued health.

Also signed/agreed to sign/expected to sign as UDFA are: FB Henry Hynoski from Pitt, S David Sims from Iowa State, LB Spencer Paysinger from Oregon, OL Jarriel King from South Carolina, and DT Martin Parker from Richmond.

Rocky Bernard has been informed that he'll be released. Looking more and more likely that my boys (Linval Joseph and Marvin Austin) will be seeing some burn this year.

Giants sign David Baas, who was the consensus #1 C on the market. Seems to stay healthy, so I like the move (knock on wood). Looking like the Giants will trot out an offensive line of Beatty-Diehl-Baas-Snee-McKenzie to start the year.. I hope Beatty is up for it. The depth (Koets, Boothe, Petrus, Brewer) is looking pretty good as well.

Hearing that if all things go well Friday, and Plax and the team can mend some fences, he'll sign a deal worth a little over $10M for two seasons. If things don't go as planned, he leaves for a Pittsburgh visit shortly after.

Damn, I just tortured myself for the past ten minutes. I just HAD to see the highlights or lowlights of the Patriots and Giants Super Bowl.

[expletive], the Patriots had that [expletive]ing game. Damn, that [expletive]ing sucked, BIG TIME! On third down on the final drive, if Brady thew it a couple more yards, the Patriots win that game.

I actually REALLY liked the Giants that season too. :lol: .

I remember watching this game live, and it was the time I finally realized that we had a real winner in Eli Manning. Funny to see all the names on the team then.. Shiancoe, Tim Carter, Plax, Barber, etc etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ju4YB-C8yM

Goodbye? He'll only miss a few weeks.

Prince with a broken foot, Ben Patrick retires from football, and ECN is obsessed with the team.. Still deciding which is the biggest loss.

Rhetorical?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_WtdXDEP9fck/TQ-ktLArGKI/AAAAAAAABwI/g1FB5csK4P0/s1600/ben+patrcik+te+cardinals+grindin+an+old+lady.jpg

Goodbye? He'll only miss a few weeks.

Prince with a broken foot, Ben Patrick retires from football, and ECN is obsessed with the team.. Still deciding which is the biggest loss.

You get very defensive over absolutely nothing. I make a post about someone who was injured, and you get very butt-hurt. I know it sucks that New York is not up to par in any of the four major sports with Boston, but you just need to deal with it.

Edited by EastCoastNiner

I know it sucks that New York is not up to par in any of the four major sports with Boston, but you just need to deal with it.

Accurate.

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g96/philsphan1210/Picture1-82.png

Edited by Phightins
  • Like 1