GM6: Oklahoma City at Memphis (OKC 3-2)

Bummed I missed the first half of this game. One thing the Grizz have been doing all playoffs long, they've been terrific at poking away loose dribbles and turning them into steals. They aren't the greatest team at staying in front of their man, but they have some of the fastest collective hands in basketball.

With the way Mayo plays defense and spaces the floor, next season, it might be in Memphis' best interest to play Mayo as a starter and bring Gay off the bench as instant offense. He's a better defender than he's ever been given credit for.

Edited by Erick Blasco

The team that has controlled the paint when Memphis has had the ball has won the game in this series. Right now Memphis' frontcourt is winning the battle against Oklahoma's frontcourt. The Thunder are just treading water until Collison comes in. His defense has been exceptional this series, and he's been able to contain Randolph in the post and on the boards better than Ibaka.

With the way Mayo plays defense and spaces the floor, next season, it might be in Memphis' best interest to play Mayo as a starter and bring Gay off the bench as instant offense. He's a better defender than he's ever been given credit for.

I agree Mayo is a very underrated defender, he's been playing solid defense on Westbrook for the most part and forcing him to tough shots. But I'm not sure if Gay would perform coming off the bench and would be happy either. But we'll see who stays and goes in the offseason.

I'm afraid this series is going to be determined by HCA, sucks because I would love to see Memphis advance but we'll see if they can win tonight and take Game 7 in OKC.

The Grizz still have a long way to go tonight. They've had trouble scoring against the Thunder bench.