GM6: Oklahoma City at Memphis (OKC 3-2)

I only blame the staff and Westbrook, they control the game and where the ball goes, not anyone else.

I don't think that's fair. I'm as critical as anybody about Westbrook (he's done this for three years, how come people are only up in arms now?), but Durant made himself invisible. I didn't see many instances of Westbrook breaking off the offense, and I only saw him overpenetrate once. You have to give him some free reign to score because he is a good scorer. He made several bad mistakes, but the Thunder didn't do much aside from use Durant as a screener to free himself up (which Allen and Battier hedged and recovered perfectly on). Durant didn't come to the ball, he still doesn't know how to set up his screens, and let's be honest, the bigs for the Grizzlies showed terrifically on OKC's various curls to get Durant a look at the top.

I don't think that's fair. I'm as critical as anybody about Westbrook (he's done this for three years, how come people are only up in arms now?), but Durant made himself invisible. I didn't see many instances of Westbrook breaking off the offense, and I only saw him overpenetrate once. You have to give him some free reign to score because he is a good scorer. He made several bad mistakes, but the Thunder didn't do much aside from use Durant as a screener to free himself up (which Allen and Battier hedged and recovered perfectly on). Durant didn't come to the ball, he still doesn't know how to set up his screens, and let's be honest, the bigs for the Grizzlies showed terrifically on OKC's various curls to get Durant a look at the top.

I agree the defense was excellent by the Grizz, but I also believe that there is a limit to the free reign Westbrook has to score. At the end of the day Durant has to have the ball in his hands some how. Westbrook is what Lebron was a few years back, when late in game situations he was very predictable. The Grizz went under ever screen late/gave him room to shoot and Westbrook pulled the jumper just about every time, he has to be patient with the screen and wait for other things to develop. Him taking a mid to far range jumper is bad offense. But like I said before, the coaching staff is more so to blame than Westbrook. To me it was like pick up basketball the last three minutes of the game for the Thunder as no one was running anything. I think Perkins was even feed once :lol: