NBA Draft Lottery

AboveLegit

I'm cheering for Washington so we can have another good small market team in the league. ( if you consider washington small market) .. John Wall and another first pick would be great for them

Just a random guess, but I think the Cavs will win the lotto. I'm really hoping the Wiz get into the top 3 so we have a good shot at getting Kanter or Williams, if not, we'll be stuck with a prospect like Vesely (who I'm not too fond of).

Cheering for the Cavs. The fans deserve a break.

A break? They had an awful year but just a few years ago they had 2 consecutive 60+ win seasons. I'm pulling for the Timberwolves or the Raptors, teams that have been bottom feeders for years. I'd also like to see the Wizards get the 2nd pick so they could get Derrick Williams and hopefully become the OKC Thunder of the East (not as good though).

Rockets have a 1.8% of getting in the top 3, hoping for a miracle.

A break? They had an awful year but just a few years ago they had 2 consecutive 60+ win seasons.

Yeah but dude, they live in CLEVELAND.

If the Cavs can't be good what else do they have to look forward to in the fall? The Browns?. I'm surprised Cleveland doesn't have the highest suicide rate in the country.

Plus it's like cheering for the girl that got dumped on national TV.

I'll be happy so long as the Raptors stay at 3 which basically guarantees them either Williams or Kanter, depending on who is picking ahead of them. Obviously I want them to win the lottery so that they can land Irving but I doubt that will happen. Kanter is my 2nd favourite prospect in this draft and I think it is safe to say that he will be around at 3rd unless he absolutely dominates in pre draft workouts. Maybe the Wizards would take him first or second overall, but other than them I don't see anybody going hard after him, assuming he doesn't dominate in workouts, like mentioned above.

I'm not particularly thrilled with the prospect of drafting Derrick Williams, but if Irving and Kanter are picked 1 and 2, I would definitely be ok with taking Williams 3rd, even if I have my doubts about his ability to actually play the three in the NBA.

Knowing the Raptors luck, though, they will fall to 6th and come away from this miserable season with Donatas Motiejunas, because what is better than one Bargnani? Two Bargnanis.

Edited by Built Ford Tough

• Owner

It would be nuts if the Clippers found their way into the top three, and had a chance to get Derrick Williams. Him, Griffin, Gordon? They would make the playoffs next season with those three.

It would be nuts if the Clippers found their way into the top three, and had a chance to get Derrick Williams. Him, Griffin, Gordon? They would make the playoffs next season with those three.

Clippers traded their pick to the Cavaliers at the deadline.

• Like 1

Come on Real, did you even read the 3 next to the Clipps? :lol:

• Like 1

• Owner

Clippers traded their pick to the Cavaliers at the deadline.

Ahhhhh.

Come on Real, did you even read the 3 next to the Clipps? :lol:

NO.

:lol:

I actually didn't look at the image, just going off the records in my head. I completely forgot about the trade. :wallbash3:

Haven't been this excited since the JO trade. If we move up I'll be so happy, but scared at the same time that we might take Williams. I'd love to see us finish 2nd with Washington 1st, or someone who doesn't need a point win so we could be a in a position to potentially deal for the pick. We'll see, just excited to get the ball rolling on this off-season.

Anyone watch the pre-lotto presser? It really sounds like there is going to be a lockout, and there will be a hard cap.

There will definitely be a lockout unless there is a substantial breakthrough in negotiations. The NHL and NHLPA were closer in negotiations than the NBA and NBAPA are and that lockout lasted for the entire year.

I don't think it is a question of if there will be a lockout, but how long one will be. I'd be shocked if there isn't at least some sort of lockout next year.

Also, in regards to your previous post, I don't think that the Raptors would pick Williams over Irving. Colangelo loves his point guards and basically his entire career he has had very good point guards on his roster. From Kidd to Marbury to Nash to Ford to Calderon (obvioulsy the last two weren't on the same level as the previous three, but still) all of his teams have been very point guard dominant. I'd be very surprised if he didn't draft Irving should he have the 1st overall pick.

Edited by Built Ford Tough