NBA Draft Lottery

AboveLegit

Has anybody here ever taken a mathematics class? If you ran these simulations 100 times, in a perfect world, that Clippers pick is earning that top spot 2.8 times. Not zero times. The Cavs own pick actually dropped. Cleveland would've been pretty screwed and would've picked fourth if not for the trade they made.

As for the T-Wolves being pissed...the team with the worst record ONLY has a 45% chance of earning a top two pick. Think about that if you're a team purposely trying to lose (not saying Minny did) The T-wolves should be happy they got a top 2 pick.

• Like 3

Has anybody here ever taken a mathematics class? If you ran these simulations 100 times, in a perfect world, that Clippers pick is earning that top spot 2.8 times. Not zero times. The Cavs own pick actually dropped. Cleveland would've been pretty screwed and would've picked fourth if not for the trade they made.

As for the T-Wolves being pissed...the team with the worst record ONLY has a 45% chance of earning a top two pick. Think about that if you're a team purposely trying to lose (not saying Minny did) The T-wolves should be happy they got a top 2 pick.

And, that's not what a lot of people have been saying. It makes much more sense to use the NHL's lottery where a team can only drop down a maximum of one sport, or move up four spots.

And, that's not what a lot of people have been saying. It makes much more sense to use the NHL's lottery where a team can only drop down a maximum of one sport, or move up four spots.

Go count the number of times the word fixed has been typed in this thread.

I like the idea that decent teams can win the jackpot and get the #1 pick. One, even though they didn't make the playoffs, they still have a light at the end of the tunnel. Two, thanks to the draft, it's easier for awful teams to become really good than mediocre teams. The way the NBA lottery is set up allows decent, but non-playoff teams to have a chance at striking gold. Three, it mitigates the effectiveness of tanking. The lottery is fine.

Cleveland deserves the top pick because they won the lottery, and made a helluva trade with the Clippers. Get over it.

Meh, I might just whine and complain about it all season even when it'll almost be an entire year since it happened.

• Owner

Meh, I might just whine and complain about it all season even when it'll almost be an entire year since it happened.

So you're thinking the Cavaliers getting Kyrie Irving is going to be that big of a deal, huh? That it's going to change the course of the league, and basically show a middle finger to an entire city of fans?

So you're thinking the Cavaliers getting Kyrie Irving is going to be that big of a deal, huh? That it's going to change the course of the league, and basically show a middle finger to an entire city of fans?

Nah, just gonna complain to complain even though my team has 0 to do with their future. Actually, nvm that definitely didn't make sense but still. I'm just gonna complain about their every move. I just don't like Cleveland. Aren't I entitled to that opinion?

• Owner

Nah, just gonna complain to complain even though my team has 0 to do with their future. Actually, nvm that definitely didn't make sense but still. I'm just gonna complain about their every move. I just don't like Cleveland. Aren't I entitled to that opinion?

Guess so.

Shouldn't you be thanking Cleveland, though? I mean...had LeBron actually won a title there, I doubt he would be with the Heat. I don't know, just something to think about I guess.

I guess Danny Ferry deserves some love from me. I appreciate Dan Gilbert's retardedness as well but he's just a D-Bag.

I've actually sat in the sequestered room two years ago and witnessed the lottery process and it would be very difficult to rig. NBA president Joel Litvin drops 14 ping pong balls in a drum that looks like a popcorn popper and pulls them out of the machine after getting the word from a timer. I'm not a physicist, obviously, so I'm not sure how you could have the balls be heavier or lighter to get a desired result. But I will say that the process looks far from fixed. It's just really fun to speculate, especially when NBA general managers like David Kahn joke about it.

http://live.washingtonpost.com/nba-draft-lottery-2011.html

• Like 1