GM4: Dallas at Oklahoma City (DAL 2-1)

Dirk Nowitzki.. my god.. greatnesssss

But wow, Dirk hit some crazy ass shots, Mavs decided to play D and rebound, bam bam.. OT, and the momentum OKC had with Durant jumping up and down and shit.. gone.

3-1 LEAD. GAME 5 WEDNESDAY

Amazing game, I can't believe what I just witnessed.

Dirk just had himself another legendary performance, he had an almost perfect first half (again), cooled off in the third and early fourth, and then turned it on late in the fourth. The '06 Mavs would have lost this game by 20, but this current Dirk is just much more focused and an overall better player. Kidd also played fantastic, and I thought Marion did a great job frustrating Durant. The weakside defense they put on KD was genius, it forced a few key turnovers.

But to give some credit to OKC, they tried their best defending Dirk, but he just made some impossible shots. I know it doesn't help making all of the mistakes they had committed in crucial plays, and those 26 turnovers were killer, but Dirk was just playing out of his mind. That useless foul on Dirk by James Harden midway through the fourth really hurt them, they could have used an extra shooter in that OT period. Just shows how valuable James is to this team, as soon as he went out, Dallas ignited their comeback.

Scott Brooks needs to keep the offense moving, far too many plays where players were just standing there. Learn from the Mavs, there offense never stops moving.

Poor Durant. :(

I like Durant, but he had an average game at best. And I absolutely hate it when he looks for foul calls rather than just playing the game. He needs to be more focused through the entirety of games, and not rely on the refs to get you points.

I like Durant, but he had an average game at best. And I absolutely hate it when he looks for foul calls rather than just playing the game. He needs to be more focused through the entirety of games, and not rely on the refs to get you points.

I agree, when he has Kidd and Terry on him and when they try to put a body on him, he just throws it up expecting a foul instead of driving and using his length and size against them.

OKC controlled the whole game and were up 15 with 4:48 left and had all the momentum. Dirk just went off and played out of his mind.

And of course I miss it. Awesome.

• Owner

The Thunder are too predictable. Props to Carlisle for the way he's coaching this team (just like he did with his previous teams...he's been here twice before).

Also, Dirk is playing the best basketball of his career. Those off-balance jumpers are impossible to defend.

Can't wait to see who Dallas will be playing in the Finals.

Dirk is indeed balling. Seriously cannot wait to see how either the Bulls or Heat will be able to stop him. I'm by no means saying this series is over, I just think it's sfae to say that the Mavs are most likely going to proceed but I'm all for the Thunder going to the Finals.

I can't believe Dallas won... I was at work and looked at my phone and saw Thunder were up 12 with 5 mins go i was like look like series is tied 2-2 then like 10-15 mins later i looked again and see this game is in OT and im like how the hell Dallas come back? Thats crazy

The Thunder led 99-84 with 5:05 to go. After that, the Mavs outscored them 28-6, including overtime.

101-91 with 2:24 left

outscored

17-4 in the final 7:24

Thunder scored 6 points in the final 10:05, Westbrook 2 pts, Sefolosha 2 pts, Ibaka 2 points

during that final 10:05 Durant 0-4 3 turnovers

Edited by fish7718

I honestly think the Mavs are going to win the championship this year. The Heat can and will give them a run though.

I still think MIAMI will be holding the hardware at the end of this season...pretty much like I've said since November 1st.

OKC is still at least one year away from making that true run for a Championship. I never really took them seriously in this years playoffs - but I think with their improved front court play it allowed them to get this far.

Dirk is just a better player with more experience that Durant, and at the end of these games it's really showing.

What a game by Dallas. The Thunder decided to copy the Mavs when Dallas had a 20+ point lead against Portland and blew it. Dirk was simply amazing. There wasn't anyone on that court that was going to stop him. I definitely feel that this is the year Dallas wins the gold. Imagine if they had Caron Butler right now....They'd be the clear favorites by a long shot.

Regardless of the last two free throws by Durant, the Mavs finished the third out well. OKC is gonna blow this lead in the fourth and the Mavs will pull this game out. Mavs by 8.

Oh shit you totally called it!