Taking a short break

Real Deal

• Owner

I'm going to need to take a break from the site for a while. Last Sunday, I had a diabetic convulsion, and a lot of things came out of it. My kidneys are 45-50% gone, which is acceptable for someone in their 50's, not 27 years old. My blood pressure was recorded at 183/117, which is extremely high. Enzymes were dumped from the seizure, which helped lead to both problems. Also, I was in a convulsion for almost two minutes, which affected my eyes (that I've already had surgery on) and four of my teeth. They also found a cyst on my left kidney that is causing severe left abdomen pains, pushing up against other organs. None of this was a problem until Sunday...just a series of unfortunate events that only I could run into at once. I had an EEG, EKG, an ultrasound, stress test, 24-hour UA, blood culture, blood gases, and other tests over the last 4-5 days, and I'm SPENT. I never like to admit it, but it's appropriate to say that I'm intimidated a bit. It's a battle I never wanted to fight. I have a dentist appointment on Monday, renal doctor on Thursday, primary doc on Friday, and an appointment with an endocrinologist probably two weeks from now. There's no point in me running the show at this time.

I didn't plan on saying anything, figured I would be back within a week or two, but I'm not really sure anymore. I'm not going to stay gone for good, but I have a lot of things to take care of right now, and it goes far beyond something that, I feel, you guys can maintain and operate just fine without my assistance. Discussion here is great without me posting 100 times a day. I haven't had to suspend or ban anyone in months.

Much like TLN, OTR can run itself. However, Kyle (GamerGuy) has been active as an administrator, and that's something I don't have over at the Lakers site. OTR is in good hands, there's no doubt about that.

You'll see me around from time to time, just not as much right now. I'm positive the site will be just fine.

Hope you guys enjoy the rest of the Finals, and the NBA Draft if I'm not posting full-time by then. Gooo Mavs (until mid-June). :)

Sad to hear that I hope that you're gonna be okay eventually man... My father is diabetic, so I know quite a bit about it.

Good luck man, hope you'll be back soon with us, to celebrate the Mavs victory in the Finals. ;)

Hope everything works out for you well, that must be pretty scary. I'll keep you in my prayers.

If you like to try any home remedies, I've heard many great things about taking 3 tablespoons of virgin coconut oil per day to reduce your high blood pressure/balance cholesterol levels and boost your immune system considerably.

Very sad to hear bro. You've been a great help to me, and I've loved reading your posts. I'll definitely start stepping it up to help the site while you're gone, and when you come back, we'll be hear as active as ever. That being said, I will be keeping you in my prayers, and will look forward to the day that you post that you're back full time.

• Owner

Aside from the garbage I'm having to do for it all...it really sucks spending a lot of time away from the site. A week away feels like a month. I didn't get to see much of Game 1 of the Finals, was half asleep during Game 2 (because of some of the pills they were shoving down my throat), and it looks like I've missed a few interesting topics in the last week.

At least I'll get to watch the game tonight, nobody bothering me. Tomorrow is going to suck ass.

• Owner

I know Brandon wouldn't want this, but I'm sure a lot of us could pitch in a few bucks to help pay for the medical expenses... it can't be cheap at all for you..

No way, man...you already know I can't accept that. I'm good. I really appreciate the thought, though.

^I am willing to pitch in a few bucks RD, you provide place for us, now let us help you man. What's your PayPal acc, I'll send some money... which I know you don't need, but it's more like appreciation from all of us, to show you that we care about each other in this community. One for all, all for one.

Life ain't fair, guy don't smoke, don't drink, don't do drugs, but have kidney problem. But take it (good and bad) all in stride RD... I used to think "everything happens for a reason" was BS, but I think it really does.