Official NBA 2K12 thread

magicbalala245

My player was a 6'8 center, wanted to have a real undersized hof, but my account corrupted so now I got a 7'2 295 pounder. It's been pretty annoying through the first part of my season, on the Suns and losing like crazy. Now we're making a run after AS break and coming up around 6th seed. Tyson Chandler starts at pf so we got a legit twin towers duo going.

Anybody here that's played center got any tips for defending/help d? I play within the offense now rather than going for 50 every game so that's helped, but on defense I sometimes still get punished by going to help when a teammate is getting owned by his man. Especially when my guy can score from outside the paint.

But shouldnt they automatically update when you play online?

Yeah they should. What's the problem you are having? They were updated about 4 days ago.

Oh yeah, I'm 66-45 now online.

Edited by JYD

Yeah they should. What's the problem you are having? They were updated about 4 days ago.

Oh yeah, I'm 66-45 now online.

Well i know they updated haha, i just meant they seem to take a while to update them in comparison to other games. Just also have some other issues with what some players are rated, Jeremy Lin was updated to a 75 while Nikola Pekovic is still at a 56, pretty ridiculous IMO haha.

Yeah, they did take a while, supposedly that was because of some type of PS3 online glitch though that they had to sort out (People's games were freezing upon start up)...

And Jeremy Lin is useless in this game. You can't get a shot off inside. Can't shoot at all from the outside... He's like a slow version of Nash. He gets everything blocked, and you can't play any D at all with him. First of all, he should be higher than 75. He's been averaging 25/9/5 on 50% shooting in ten games. He should be like an 80, at the very least. Maybe even an 85. If his play starts to decline in real life, than bring him down with each update...at least let users have fun with him while the "Linsanity" runs rapid. Lol.

Edited by JYD

• 2 months later...

Have they talked about the covers at all yet? I know NHL 13 has been doing voting for awhile now and they both come out within like a week of eachother I think.

it'll probably just be Jordan again. Madden has its cover guy already too

it'll probably just be Jordan again. Madden has its cover guy already too

Yeah probably. Not that the cover really matters in any way, but after it being Jordan two straight years, I kind of wish they'd switch it up.