Official NBA 2K12 thread

magicbalala245

Despite coming up short in the NBA finals, Miami Heat’s LeBron James and Dwayne Wade lead the pack with the highest player ratings in NBA 2K12. Am I the only one who thinks 2K Games is being a bit generous with LeBron’s overall? After choking in the NBA finals I just don’t see how you could give LeBron the top rating in the game.

Here’s an idea. Give each individual Miami Heat player the best overalls in the game, but then make the team overall something mediocre because they don’t know how to play together. Enough ranting, Kobe Bryant checks in with the 3rd highest overall at 94, followed by Chris Paul (93) and Dwight Howard (93).

These ratings come from several YouTube videos posted by a fan who appears to have received a copy of the game early and posted to YouTube under the name NBA2K12stuff.

If you’re wondering where Dirk Nowtizki is, you know, the guy that beat James and Wade in the NBA Championship last season, he is rated a pedestrian 85 overall which is good enough for 14th highest overall. Talk about lack of respect.

Check out the other overalls from some notable players around the league.

LeBron James - 98

Dwyane Wade - 96

Kobe Bryant - 94

Chris Paul - 93

Dwight Howard - 93

Kevin Durant - 92

Derrick Rose - 92

Carmelo Anthony - 91

Deron Williams - 90

Amar’e Stoudemire - 88

Russell Westbrook - 88

Rudy Gay - 86

Pau Gasol - 86

Dirk Nowizki - 85

Blake Griffin - 85

Kwame Brown - 59

Stephen “Captain Jack” Jackson - 83

DeMarcus Cousins and Tyreke Evans - 99

Ron Artest - 71

Gilbert Arenas - 77

Jason Kidd - 77 (not his age)

Kris Humphries - 70

Kenyon Martin - 76

Toronto Raptors - Nobody in the starting 5 rates higher than a 69

Of course, if you want to play with the real greats, NBA 2K12 Legendary Teams will also be playable online, via DLC.

With Legendary Teams, you can compete with the greatest stars in NBA history (not you LeBron) in several online challenges including:

2 vs. 2 Teammate Challenge

3 vs. 3 Era Challenge

Even 21, H.O.R.S.E. and more

You pick the match-ups and rules

How do you feel about the overalls in NBA 2K12. Do you feel James’ and Wade’s overalls are justified? Did Nowizki get shafted in his rating? Leave a comment below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4RhYsNPMgU

I understand the rating systems and all but some of these ratings are atrocious I don't understand how majority of everyone's rating droped this year yet LeBron's increases. I don't have a problem with him being the highest rated current NBA player because he deserves too, but no way in hell should he be rated a 98 overall especially when the season he had last year was nowhere near as good as the year he had before. LeBron should be a high 96 overall he shouldn't be a point behind the greatest. I aslo think Dirk Nowitzki should be higher than 85 they should have made his rating between 88-92, Gallinari should be at least a 72 aswell as DeRozen, Jason Terry Should should have a overall of at least 79 or 80, Harden and Ibaka should be rated in the high 70's and Wilson Chandler and Stephen Jackson should be rated in the high 70's if 2k is decreasing some players ratings.

Edited by htownborn

Dirk as an 85? Rudy Gay ranks higher than him? Is this life?

Yeah well first of all Dirk is an 85 at PF because he doesn't have the normal skill set of a PF, which is defense and rebounding. His midrange and close ratings are both 99 scoring. He's an 85 based on his overall skills, but in reality, he's the best scorer in the game.

Yeah well first of all Dirk is an 85 at PF because he doesn't have the normal skill set of a PF, which is defense and rebounding. His midrange and close ratings are both 99 scoring. He's an 85 based on his overall skills, but in reality, he's the best scorer in the game.

Ah good point, but I still don't see how Rudy Gay is rated so high... or Arenas for that matter. Oh well, ratings can't always be perfect, I'm more interested to see the rookies ratings when they come out.

Still debating whether I should get this or Fifa.

• Owner

I'll definitely wait for a while before buying it. I wasn't THAT impressed with 2k11, honestly. I didn't like the post play, still hated the help defense...just a few more things needed fixed, and I bought it hot off the shelves, thinking it was going to be incredible.

Just bought the game its very smooth compared to last years. I still got to get the hang of posting up though and the stealing and defense seems easier I'm having a tougher time scoring on this game than on 2k11.

Edited by htownborn

• 2 weeks later...