Official NBA 2K12 thread

magicbalala245

People who don't like 2k12 = people who are bad the game :lol:

Ive been good at every NBA game ive ever played. Just look at 2k11 for example, I was like 2nd in the world in fewest points per game allowed (I only played about 60 online games or so, didnt play online much).

2k12 is legitimately garbage. Its not just me, go on youtube, look at all the hate it gets. :lol:

I haven't played an NBA game since the NBA Live with Mitch Richmond on the cover.. should I pick this up?

It's a great game if you've got nothing to play, but by no means is it worth going out of your way to pick up. So if you have nothing else to play sure, but FF 13-2 comes out Tuesday so....lol

anybody wanna play on 360 hit me up, xxMainEv3nt

not that good tho but ill play.

lol Edited by flsh7718

Bro trust me there isn't anything you can tell me about this game that I already don't know. I do all of that its just they way that the game is made.

That I disagree with they cut down on some chess like the eurostep but they added more this year if you ask me. And D-Rose, Westbrook, and Wall are very close to that and your missing the point bro it's not about who's the quickest or fastest the point is that speed holds absolutely no value at all in this game. The point of the video was to show that you could have your quickness and speed at 99 and you still can't out run anyone even if a player with 25 speed and quickness was in the game.

that's so ridiculously untrue u must suck at the game.

i agree the game has parts that are frustrating (passing specifically) but the complaining about the speed is ridiculous and it's completely false. i've had tyson chandler and derrick rose about even at half court and d-rose easily out ran me and finished for a dunk...and chandler is one of the faster/athletic centers in the league and he did not come anywhere close to keeping up with rose. rose had a good two or three steps on him...

There has been a fire sale on this game at where I live...so I picked it up.

Still playing 2k11 though because of all the time and effort I have put in modifying the rosters. Gameplay wise I have to give the edge to 2k12, but the lack of roster updates frustrate me, especially when I like to see even the likes of Josh Davis and Terrel Harris in the game.

that's so ridiculously untrue u must suck at the game.

i agree the game has parts that are frustrating (passing specifically) but the complaining about the speed is ridiculous and it's completely false. i've had tyson chandler and derrick rose about even at half court and d-rose easily out ran me and finished for a dunk...and chandler is one of the faster/athletic centers in the league and he did not come anywhere close to keeping up with rose. rose had a good two or three steps on him...

LOL trust me I'm far from sorry at this game, don't believe me we can run a game one day

How is it ridiculous when I even just posted a video showing how [expletive]ed up speed is on this game (it may be a little exaggerated but I wouldn't say untrue). And I'm not saying its impossible for you to outrun anyone on this game it just happens very frequntley at certain times. And I really don't have that much of a problem with the speed it was just something I was pointing out my biggest problem with the game would have to be the passing like everyone else says and how easy it is to block and lose the ball.

Edited by htownborn

Ive been good at every NBA game ive ever played. Just look at 2k11 for example, I was like 2nd in the world in fewest points per game allowed (I only played about 60 online games or so, didnt play online much).

2k12 is legitimately garbage. Its not just me, go on youtube, look at all the hate it gets. :lol:

LOL thats my point exactly though I don't think its that bad it's playable but can be a very frustrating game. Honestly it could have been the best basketball game every made IMO if the gameplay was straight.

LOL trust me I'm far from sorry at this game, don't believe me we can run a game one day

How is it ridiculous when I even just posted a video showing how [expletive]ed up speed is on this game (it may be a little exaggerated but I wouldn't say untrue). And I'm not saying its impossible for you to outrun anyone on this game it just happens very frequntley at certain times. And I really don't have that much of a problem with the speed it was just something I was pointing out my biggest problem with the game would have to be the passing like everyone else says and how easy it is to block and lose the ball.

Fair enough. You have the bolded part rght though! those parts are definitely annoying

Onto my third and final season of my rookie contract. Currently 2nd in the league in scoring.

Let's get that big contract! :glasses:

i'm so going to play my player on my birthday I can not wait just two more days!!!

Do you play every game or just key games?

Key games plus random ones throughout the year when I'm on a hot streak, want to play a certain team, etc. I usually play all the games at the end to try and get into the playoffs as well.

I got traded to the Thunder and I'm surprised at how much we suck. We're 5-6 right now and missed the playoffs last season with me (2nd in the league in scoring), Durant, Westbrook, Nash (got traded with me), Ibaka, Perkins. This should definitely be a winning team.

Key games plus random ones throughout the year when I'm on a hot streak, want to play a certain team, etc. I usually play all the games at the end to try and get into the playoffs as well.

I got traded to the Thunder and I'm surprised at how much we suck. We're 5-6 right now and missed the playoffs last season with me (2nd in the league in scoring), Durant, Westbrook, Nash (got traded with me), Ibaka, Perkins. This should definitely be a winning team.

Ha, wow that sucks. For me I started a new My Player once the rookies came out, so i'm only about 40 games through my first season. I've been playing every game to start to get the XP, but once I like my players skill points, i'll just play key games. I'm a PG on the Warriors, and i've overtaken the starting job from Curry. Are you at the point yet where you can tell the team who you think they should go out and trade? If you are, are you able to tell them who on the team they should trade? I keep waiting for my GM to trade Curry since he's only getting like 10 minutes a game.

Edited by DemarDerozanDunk

Ha, wow that sucks. For me I started a new My Player once the rookies came out, so i'm only about 40 games through my first season. I've been playing every game to start to get the XP, but once I like my players skill points, i'll just play key games. I'm a PG on the Warriors, and i've overtaken the starting job from Curry. Are you at the point yet where you can tell the team who you think they should go out and trade? If you are, are you able to tell them who on the team they should trade? I keep waiting for my GM to trade Curry since he's only getting like 10 minutes a game.

No not yet... so far I haven't got to make any decisions.

I'll probably play every game once I sign a new contract. I really just want to get off this rookie contract asap.

No not yet... so far I haven't got to make any decisions.

I'll probably play every game once I sign a new contract. I really just want to get off this rookie contract asap.

Shit I was kind of hoping to be able to make decisions by my second year <_<

• 3 weeks later...

Tired of the rosters never updating in this game

On xbox 360 you have to download the updated roster from 2k share...

Edited by Art Hues

Just finished my first season playing PG for the Golden State Warriors. I was second in the league in APG. We got knocked out first round of the playoffs in game 7 by Denver. This was after being first in the West, so I was pretty pissed off. I'm still waiting for the GM to trade Curry, and if he doesn't soon, i'll be demanding a trade.

Does anyone know how to like speed up the CPU's offense in this game? I'm playing association, and the only time the CPU doesn't take it til the last second on the shot clock is when I play terrible defense and leave a wide open shot.

Whats the difficulty your on? I don't have this problem and I play on the one below HOF (always get allstar, superstar, etc mixed up). I guess it might just be because i'm not that great at playing defense. Maybe if you're playing to good of defense for them to get a non contested shot off every time then you need to put the difficulty up?