Official NBA 2K12 thread

magicbalala245

There are quite a few PC players because of all the mods available.

I have to run everything on very low because of my computer's specs just barely meeting the minimum requirements, but from what I have seen from screenshots a high-end PC would give graphics better than the console version.

The only difference between PC and consoles version is that the latter have the ability to insert custom music, and that's it.

Did any of you catch this? New Clipper jerseys:

http://blogimages.thescore.com/tbj/files/2011/10/new-clippers-jersey.jpg

link via tbj/thescore. Not a fan of the bland direction our unis are taking. maybe (hopefully) they look better in real life. I can't see the Clippers using those exact colors in real life.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

so i got this game for xmas. and since i got laid off and am off of school right now for break, i have had a lot of time to play. i started 1-8 not having a damn clue what i was doing. now i'm 9-10. just beat some guy who used the clips in OT (billups had 7 3 pt'ers...smh)

but seriously, what's up with the ratings? shumpert is way too good in this game. chandler is only a 70 overall, although he plays better than that. but landry fields a 71, but chandler a 70? riiiight. Some of these ratings are crazy!!

BTW: IF ANYONE FEELS LIKE LOSING, HMU. PS3 ONLINE NAME IS: tmic0723

Edited by JYD

First year I have had to pick up a 2k game since like 03 haha. I am having difficulties trying to learn how to execute moves and score consistently as I am used to playing Live. Hopefully I can turn that around soon.

Add me on PSN: rebelstatic

First year I have had to pick up a 2k game since like 03 haha. I am having difficulties trying to learn how to execute moves and score consistently as I am used to playing Live. Hopefully I can turn that around soon.

Add me on PSN: rebelstatic

i will add you next time i'm on. use the shot stick and do the tutorial. it helped me a ton. i was awful til then.

i figured out why shumpert is so good in the game. if you use a big PG (shumpert 6'5") it's a hugeeee advantage. some guy played as the hawks and used Joe Johnson as his PG, he had 30 on me at half. lately, i haven't been giving up more than 50 A GAME for an ENTIRE TEAM. i could do nothing to stop him, he just shot over me all the time.

I know I'm a little late to give my review on this game but I have to say when I first got this game when it came out I was in love with this game like everyone on here but the more I play it I have to say this is the cheesiest basketball game I have ever played my life. Here's what I mean

Passing-Passing is atrocious in this game. Passing was kind of difficult last year but 2k11 has nothing on sucked 2k12 it got even worse this year.)

Stealing-Stealing is to damn easy in this game you can be dribbling the ball and all of a sudden lose it and theirs an easy steal.

Blocking-Everyone can block like LeBron James or Dwight Howard and I mean everyone I played a game with the 97-98 Lakers against the 92-93 Hornets and I swear 5'3" Mugsey Bogues blocked Shaq yeah I'm not kidding.

3 point shooting-Everyone can shoot 3's I mean if Hasheem Thabeet was open from the 3 point line he could hit it.

My Player- Don't even get me started on My Player it's a [expletive]ing joke. I really don't want to go in to details about it just play it and you will see what I mean

Speed-Everyone runs at the same pace, in other words speed is a joke and it has absolutely no value in this game. You can be Derrick Rose, Russell Westbrook, Monta Ellis, or John Wall and you still won't be able to outrun anybody not even Centers.

Runs-I understand the NBA is a game of runs but there's a run in this like every minute. In NBA 2k11 you would have to call a TO to stop a run or begin a run but in this game runs just come at any random time.

Fouls-And fouls are called way to often in this game for my liking. Everytime you drive to the goal its a foul which is funny because driving to the whole is almost impossible on this game. And at times when you do get fouled they will just let it go.

CPU-This is my biggest problem with this game the CPU doesn't miss anything. it doesn't matter what level you play on the CPU just seems to make anything and don't play on Hall of Fame unless your willing to get a headache. You pretty much have to adjust the sliders just to make it fair which I really hate doing.

Don't get me wrong I like the game because of the NBA's Greatest mode, Franchise, Presentations and the fact that it's the only basketball game I'm stuck with since I don't have 2k11 anymore but the A.I. in this game is terrible it kind of reminds me of the late NBA Live games but a little bit better. Overall if I had to rate it I would give it an 8/10 but IMO NBA 2k11 was much better in terms of gameplay. As I said good game but very janky you will definitly need to change the sliders just to have fun playing it.

Edited by htownborn

I know I'm a little late to give my review on this game but I have to say when I first got this game when it came out I was in love with this game like everyone on here but the more I play it I have to say this is the cheesiest basketball game I have ever played my life. Stealing is to damn easy, everyone can block like LeBron James or Dwight Howard and I mean everyone I played a game with the 97-98 Lakers against the 92-93 Hornets and I swear 5'3" Mugsey Bogues blocked Shaq yeah I'm not kidding. Everyone can shoot 3's I mean if Hasheem Thabeet was open from the 3 point line he could hit it. My Player is a joke and everyone runs at the same pace, in other words speed is a joke and it has absolutely no value in this game. There's a run in this like every minute and fouls are called way to often in this game for my liking. Don't get me wrong I like the game because of the NBA's Greatest mode, Franchise, and the presentations but the A.I. of this game is terrible it kind of reminds me of NBA Live 10 but a little bit better. Overall if I had to rate it I would give it an 8/10 but IMO NBA 2k11 was much better

What level are you playing on? Switch it up to Hall Of Fame and I doubt you will get these same result.