NFL Free Agency Thread

Boston Fever

You think he can be a starter in the 3-4? I'm happy with the signing, just been skeptical as to how he fits our defense. Love the fact that he's a hard worker, durable, and plays with a great motor.

I think he's really light for a nose, but eating up blockers as a 3-4 end doesn't seem like a bad idea for him. Whatever you guys want him to do, he'll do. You will love him.

• Like 1

Dallas going hard with the cuts. Leonard Davis, Marc Colombo, Marion Barber, Roy Williams.

Two of the players were trash anyway, saving like 20+ mil with the cuts I'm proud of Jerry, out with the old, in with the new.

It''s no surprise that Goodell and the Jets are up to shady activities, yet again. It's funny how the Jets are the only fanbase that really thought that cuts made last season would not count against the cap, and they cut $8mil in players. If I were the Cowboys, I'd be pretty [expletive]ing pissed off.

The Jets are shady as hell.

I know this is a free agent thread, but I'll just throw this in here.

Redskins, Vikings Agree To McNabb Trade

Washington Times - The Redskins have agreed to trade quarterback Donovan McNabb to the Vikings in exchange for a pair of sixth-round picks, according to a report.

Washington would reportedly receive a 2012 sixth-rounder and a conditional 2013 sixth-rounder for the former Pro Bowler.

The trade depends on McNabb's willingness to accept less money as part of a new contract, so it is still in the balance.

The five-year contract extension McNabb signed last November includes a $10 million bonus to be paid before the 2011 regular season starts, according to a league source.

10:51AM Update: The trade appears to be in place, with McNabb's contract no longer a hurdle.

He will be making far less than the $14.75 million he would have been due were he to play for the Redskins this year, but the exact number isn't yet known.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/jul/27/report-redskins-agree-trade-donovan-mcnabb-vikings/

It''s no surprise that Goodell and the Jets are up to shady activities, yet again. It's funny how the Jets are the only fanbase that really thought that cuts made last season would not count against the cap, and they cut $8mil in players. If I were the Cowboys, I'd be pretty [expletive]ing pissed off.

The Jets are shady as hell.

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/300/681/spygate_display_image.gif

• Like 1

Cofield to Washington, nooooooooooooooooooooooo

Didn't think he'd come back to the Giants, but definitely wanted to root for him elsewhere. Now I'm screwed.

http://www.gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs1/1205681_o.gif

Jets are a SuperBowl lock if they sign NA, it would be virtually impossible to move that chain against the defense. They would be like the 2001 Ravens...just plug away with the running game and limit the number of the throwing oppertunities for Sanchez.

ECN.. can I get a scouting report on Baas? I've always thought of him as an upper-middle of the pack center, but can't say I've seen a ton of his work. What are we getting from him?

Edited by IllWill21

Where Aso and Revis would be and incredible it doesn't make the Jets a lock for the super bowl. The game is not won and loss in the game of pass defense. The Jets had trouble stopping elite run games and tight ends last year, and Aso does not fix that. Aso will make the Jets a better team but they are losing Braylon Edwards and few other key guys to make it possible for him to sign. Comparisons to the 01' Ravens are a joke, the Jets will not have the front 7 to match what the Ravens were nor an elite safety like Rod Woodson*, better corners, about it. Long story short, don't go crowning the Jets super bowl champs just because they are signing Asomugha.

:)

Edited by fish7718

Where Aso and Revis would be and incredible it doesn't make the Jets a lock for the super bowl. The game is not won and loss in the game of pass defense. The Jets had trouble stopping elite run games and tight ends last year, and Aso does not fix that. Aso will make the Jets a better team but they are losing Braylon Edwards and few other key guys to make it possible for him to sign. Comparisons to the 01' Ravens are a joke, the Jets will not have the front 7 to match what the Ravens were nor an elite safety like Ed Reed, better corners, about it. Long story short, don't go crowning the Jets super bowl champs just because they are signing Asomugha.

I wasnt comparing certainly aspects of the 2001 Ravens defense to the current Jets, they are just as talented collectively imo. On an individual basis one can argue that they have just as many impact players as the 2001 Ravens. Revis is as talented as they come, NA is second to Revis at the postion, Bart Scott is a smaller version of Ray Lewis as far as leadership and toughness is concerned, David Harris is a intelligent player. And plus Rex Ryan is a genius as maximizing potential for every guy on the field. And as far as stoping the run they were top 3 in the league last year, so I don't know where you are going with that. Having two shut down corners changes a whole lot, they'll have the luxury of focusing their attention elsewhere, opposing TE's for example. With Cromartie they just couldnt do that last year.

AdamSchefter Adam Schefter

Matt Leinart's contract with Houston is a two-year, $5.5 million deal that includes $3.75 million in guaranteed money.

Waste of valuable cap space. -_-

Rumor is that the Jets deal is about $12 million a year, big paycut for Asomugha if he takes it.

Also...

Adam Schefter

CB Drayton Florence to the Bills -- 3 years for $15 million.

ECN.. can I get a scouting report on Baas? I've always thought of him as an upper-middle of the pack center, but can't say I've seen a ton of his work. What are we getting from him?

I'm not too great at evaluating offensive-linemen, but I wish the 49er's retained him, especially with two young offensive linemen in Davis and Iupati.

This should give you a feeling of how 49er's fans feel about him leaving.....not too happy.

http://forums.49ers.com/messageboard/showthread.php?t=116551&highlight=david+baas