2011 Philadelphia Eagles

Are Smitty and I seriously the only two Eagles fans left???

Anyway, today was a busy day. Traded Kevin Kolb to Arizona for Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie and a 2nd round pick. Very very happy with the return. I still think Kolb will be an above average QB, but it's hard to argue with this trade. Awesome haul. And Jason Babin signed for semi-big money. Not sure how I feel about this. I realize he was very good last season, but meh, wasn't my top choice.

Also, David Akers signed with the 49ers. Makes sense. Eagles used a very high pick on Alex Henery, so had to figure Akers was a goner. Still sucks to see, though. Akers has been here for my entire tenure as an Eagles fan.

And finally, Vince Young apparently wants to sign here.

Here is to a good season!!

Edited by Phightins

aso - asante - dcr

what happens? do we keep all three? aso is for sure safe, and i'm guessing they aren't looking to trade dcr because we just acquired him. does that leave asante as the odd man out?

damn this offseason has been crazy. if we can somehow make some upgrades at LB and get more OL depth we'll be set.

good job Andy Reid :)

Brodrick Bunkley traded to CLE for a 5th round pick. Not surprising after the Jenkins signing.

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g96/philsphan1210/Picture1-79.png

For serious. Hopefully most Eagle fans will now realize this.

I don't care if they lose the Superbowl in a sense. Obviously I'd care but this offseason they are truly making a point to go for it all. I don't have any problems with the big moves they are making and for once they seem willing to spend at all costs to win. For that I give them big props for, and no matter what the outcome, at least this offseason they are truly gunning for the big win.

Finally my internet is working so that I can talk about this shit lol.

But yeah I was pretty much speechless when I heard the Asomugha news. [expletive]ing awesome.

Nice signings in Babin and Jenkins. Hopefully Reid and co can do the same for Vince Young's career like they did with Vick.

Ronnie Brown has obviously seen better days, but they could do way worse than him for a 3rd down back.

Now just sign a veteran linebacker and a veteran safety (both for depth) and call it one hell of an offseason.

Edited by Phightins

Apparently Jamar Chaney and Casey Matthews are looking very strong so far in training camp (Chaney in particular). This excites me as much as anything I've heard.

Apparently Jamar Chaney and Casey Matthews are looking very strong so far in training camp (Chaney in particular). This excites me as much as anything I've heard.

Samesies, lol.. We've both had mediocre LBers for years now, but I've heard great things so far of Kenny Ingram, Philip Dillard, Spencer Paysinger, and Mark Herzilich. Tyler Sash at safety, too.

Samesies, lol.. We've both had mediocre LBers for years now, but I've heard great things so far of Kenny Ingram, Philip Dillard, Spencer Paysinger, and Mark Herzilich. Tyler Sash at safety, too.

JVZ agrees.