How often do you smoke ganja?

YugoRocketsFan

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Owner

Im eventually gonna quit when I find a nice job but man I am only in my 20s, I go to college, and have a decent part time job that pays me 155$ a week. I would say I also spend maybe 20-30$ max on weed a week.

Haha, dude, that's fine. I'm not trying to say only losers smoke, nothing like that. I'm just pointing out how bad it can get, that people CAN be addicted to smoking, and that there are some that blow a lot of money on it.

I get pissed because my parents buy a pack of cigarettes a day (one each), which ends up being $70 a week now, since they've gone up in price. That's $280-300 a month, which is a car payment.

• Like 1

Haha, dude, that's fine. I'm not trying to say only losers smoke, nothing like that. I'm just pointing out how bad it can get, that people CAN be addicted to smoking, and that there are some that blow a lot of money on it.

I get pissed because my parents buy a pack of cigarettes a day (one each), which ends up being $70 a week now, since they've gone up in price. That's $280-300 a month, which is a car payment.

My dad uses the same thinking cause my mom smokes. He says that she smokes a HDTV every month

• Owner

My dad uses the same thinking cause my mom smokes. He says that she smokes a HDTV every month

LMAO, yeah dude. My parents went out to a rent-to-own place to get a 52" Vizio, wanted to make payments on it (which meant they were going to spend $4k on the damn thing when it was all said and done), and I went out and just bought them a 42" out at Wal-Mart for $500.

They didn't understand why, so I sat there and explained how they could stop smoking and have $3600 a year to buy whatever they wanted, lol. My dad actually did for a couple months, played this "game" I had and saved the money he spent on cigarettes....but he ended up having around $250 before he spent it on new seats and carpet for his El Camino he's restoring, and he went back to smoking. Impossible. :lol:

• Like 1

For those of you who say it's a waste of money, but have never tried it... how the [expletive] would you know?

Interestingly enough, I was talking to someone about my drug habits yesterday, and he said he doesn't like the fact that I do it, but respects that I still have like ambition and stuff like that. Most people who smoke pot get their high school diploma, and they're done. They use it to escape from the real world. But I don't need an escape, it's more of the fact it's just fun for me.

It made more sense the way he explained it than the way I typed it though haha

• Like 1

For those of you who say it's a waste of money, but have never tried it... how the [expletive] would you know?

How do I know it's a waste of money when I've never smoked it? Why spend money on something just to be high for a couple of hours? After that, then what? You're down whatever money you spent. It's a waste of money. I've never smoked cigarettes but I know damn well that they're a waste of money. I've never done cocaine or heroin but hey! I know it's a waste of money. I don't need to try something to know it's a waste of money. Are you kidding me with that statement? Were you high when you typed that out? Come on man, let's be real here.

How do I know it's a waste of money when I've never smoked it? Why spend money on something just to be high for a couple of hours? After that, then what? You're down whatever money you spent. It's a waste of money. I've never smoked cigarettes but I know damn well that they're a waste of money. I've never done cocaine or heroin but hey! I know it's a waste of money. I don't need to try something to know it's a waste of money. Are you kidding me with that statement? Were you high when you typed that out? Come on man, let's be real here.

Lots of things in life are a waste of money. Going to the movies is a waste of money. Driving a car is a waste of money but you choose to what you enjoy.

As for addiction...anything can become an addiction. It's the person tha controls what an addiction is quite frankly.

• Owner

If that's not a waste of money, neither is heroin, coke, meth, cigarettes, booze, or basically anything in this world, because there will always be people that "need it" and like it, people that say it's not a waste because they enjoy it, etc.

Smoking weed is not like playing video games, though. I have a PS3 and a few games I've spent money on, and it will last me years. I won't be spending near as much as you on weed, which wouldn't last as long.

Like I said, it gets people fired. It draws money out of their wallet. I have worked with people that are eating the clouds, they are so damn high, and it's like working with a pillow. They stand around, looking at the wall, going five times slower than me, and praying the clock runs twice as fast so they can get home and roll one.

Yeah, there are people that can do it and not be that way, that can smoke 1-2 times a week and that's it, but there are FAR too many that are much, much worse, and if there's no real benefit (there are better ways you can deal with pain and stress), I don't see why it wouldn't be a waste of money.

Same with booze and cigarettes.

If I wanted to feel good, why wouldn't I just go take my money and have sex with a prostitute? That's a similar argument. It's not hurting anyone, it's my money, it's fun, relieves stress, may be a little unhealthy (just like weed), but I mean, sex = good. Would you consider that a waste of money? I doubt any of us have tried it, so I'm assuming you don't.

• Like 2

If that's not a waste of money, neither is heroin, coke, meth, cigarettes, booze, or basically anything in this world, because there will always be people that "need it" and like it, people that say it's not a waste because they enjoy it, etc.

Smoking weed is not like playing video games, though. I have a PS3 and a few games I've spent money on, and it will last me years. I won't be spending near as much as you on weed, which wouldn't last as long.

Like I said, it gets people fired. It draws money out of their wallet. I have worked with people that are eating the clouds, they are so damn high, and it's like working with a pillow. They stand around, looking at the wall, going five times slower than me, and praying the clock runs twice as fast so they can get home and roll one.

Yeah, there are people that can do it and not be that way, that can smoke 1-2 times a week and that's it, but there are FAR too many that are much, much worse, and if there's no real benefit (there are better ways you can deal with pain and stress), I don't see why it wouldn't be a waste of money.

Same with booze and cigarettes.

If I wanted to feel good, why wouldn't I just go take my money and have sex with a prostitute? That's a similar argument. It's not hurting anyone, it's my money, it's fun, relieves stress, may be a little unhealthy (just like weed), but I mean, sex = good. Would you consider that a waste of money? I doubt any of us have tried it, so I'm assuming you don't.

sex is overrated though

Everyday. Totally not addicted, I could stop whenever I want, but I have no reason to because it doesn't affect my life at all. People who are affected so that much by weed have deeper problems outside of smoking a plant. Not a waste of money unless you're American cuz you pay out the ass for shitty asian weed while in Canada I can get chroooonic by the oz for less then what you guys pay for 1/4oz lol.

Never met anyone who's been close to addicted, and I know people who have been smoking for 10+ years, and their parents for 40+ years and have full time jobs, cars, houses fully paid for. My mom admits she used to smoke in the past (70s) and you would NEVER guess she did, she's a completely normal cool mom, doesn't look or act like a crackhead druggie like some people think weed turns you into.

Then again weed in Canada is a slap on the wrist. You get caught with anything less then 2oz and they just confiscate it and it's a $65 fine. One joint in most places in the states is potentially 6 months in jail, are you kidding me?

I hate when I see people say weed is addictive. Yeah people smoke it all the time, but if you quit smoking cold turkey, you wouldn't have withdrawls or anything like that.

• Owner

I hate when I see people say weed is addictive. Yeah people smoke it all the time, but if you quit smoking cold turkey, you wouldn't have withdrawls or anything like that.

No chemically-induced withdrawal (guess that makes sense), but there are those who will have more stress and continuing pain, which is what keeps them smoking it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabis_withdrawal

Weed masks pain. My uncle had no idea his lungs were causing him problems until a hernia tore (something he also didn't know was hurting him THAT badly), an infection developed while he recovered from hernia surgery, and it entered his lungs and basically signed and sealed an emergency lung surgery.

There are different types of withdrawal symptoms. There's no way I get around any of my uncles if they haven't had any weed for 3-4 days. Not a chance. They are mean as [expletive], very disrespectful. Put that on my life.

So, there's something there. Again, sure, people act differently...but if there are examples of withdrawal, there's evidence of addiction, and I know for a fact that there is because I've been around it for 28 years, as the one looking in and being aware of the environment 24/7.

• Like 1

Everyday. Totally not addicted, I could stop whenever I want, but I have no reason to because it doesn't affect my life at all. People who are affected so that much by weed have deeper problems outside of smoking a plant. Not a waste of money unless you're American cuz you pay out the ass for shitty asian weed while in Canada I can get chroooonic by the oz for less then what you guys pay for 1/4oz lol.

Never met anyone who's been close to addicted, and I know people who have been smoking for 10+ years, and their parents for 40+ years and have full time jobs, cars, houses fully paid for. My mom admits she used to smoke in the past (70s) and you would NEVER guess she did, she's a completely normal cool mom, doesn't look or act like a crackhead druggie like some people think weed turns you into.

Then again weed in Canada is a slap on the wrist. You get caught with anything less then 2oz and they just confiscate it and it's a $65 fine. One joint in most places in the states is potentially 6 months in jail, are you kidding me?

A buddy of mine got caught with about 120 dollars worth of bud and the cops here (BC lol) and the officer took it. My buddy has his N, had 4 people in the car and he was high as hell, the Officer didn't give him any ticket. Depends on what cop you see but most of them are chill as [expletive] and realize they can't control the production of it so why bother?

I've only had BC bud, have you ever had BC bud? Is it that much stronger then what you guys smoke in Ontario?

EDIT - I say this because of how good everyone says it is. It probably is, but I thought I'd get your opinion on it.

Edited by iBoldin

Done it, not a fan. If you smoke it that's fine with me I don't judge, or even care, just don't think it makes you cool just cause you smoke weed lol. Seeing kids posting on facebook about hitting bowls and shit is kind of annoying.

Weed just doesn't appeal to me. Would rather go get smashed and have fun then smoke bowls and chill and want to fall asleep. There are other things I'd rather be doing.

No chemically-induced withdrawal (guess that makes sense), but there are those who will have more stress and continuing pain, which is what keeps them smoking it.

Yeah not like crazy heroin withdrawals but the majority of people who have been smoking could stop cold turkey and it wouldn't affect their lives that badly. I guess there's some variables like pain and stress and stuff but if you smoke weed for recreational use or 'fake' medicinal purposes than there is no way you can be addicted.

A buddy of mine got caught with about 120 dollars worth of bud and the cops here (BC lol) and the officer took it. My buddy has his N, had 4 people in the car and he was high as hell, the Officer didn't give him any ticket. Depends on what cop you see but most of them are chill as [expletive] and realize they can't control the production of it so why bother?

I've only had BC bud, have you ever had BC bud? Is it that much stronger then what you guys smoke in Ontario?

EDIT - I say this because of how good everyone says it is. It probably is, but I thought I'd get your opinion on it.

Yeah i've smoked all kinds of weed from alot of different places. BC bud is good, but the best weed (even most of what people call bc bud) comes from Alberta, one province over. Paris has some good weed, but its like dark green, almost black lol weird. Ontario has gooooood kush, but Cali weed still messed me up the most. Had some in PHX once and I fell in love.

I honestly prefer edibles though, cleaner, less lazy high.

All this being said, I've never forced it on anyone, or don't think different of anyone because of their lifestyle choices. I have alot of close friends who do wayy harder drugs than weed and m and we get along just fine. Unless it's truly [expletive]ing up your life like addicted or alcoholic than it shouldn't change how people look at you.

Maybe 2-3 times a week, maybe more, maybe less. Depends on what I have going on. I started smoking a lot more over this past summer than I used to because of how stressful my job was at times.

The money can definitely be a concern though. I have a friend who will drop $400 on an ounce and literally smoke it all in 5 hours, then go out and buy another ounce (or more). That is not good, at all. I'd certainly hope I never come to that point.

Maybe 2-3 times a week, maybe more, maybe less. Depends on what I have going on. I started smoking a lot more over this past summer than I used to because of how stressful my job was at times.

The money can definitely be a concern though. I have a friend who will drop $400 on an ounce and literally smoke it all in 5 hours, then go out and buy another ounce (or more). That is not good, at all. I'd certainly hope I never come to that point.

Lmao, no way he smoked that all by himself.

Your friend is pretty stupid, who pays 400$ for an ounce?