U.S. Soccer Team Discussion Thread

Cobb

U.S. Men play Brazil tonight at 8 p.m. ET on ESPN2, ESPN3, and TeleFutura. Sucks knowing that Brazil is bringing their JV team to compete against essentially our World Cup squad.

U.S. Men play Brazil tonight at 8 p.m. ET on ESPN2, ESPN3, and TeleFutura. Sucks knowing that Brazil is bringing their JV team to compete against essentially our World Cup squad.

Yeah, too many plrs are not with the NT because their clubs would suck too much without them. <_<

Yeah, too many plrs are not with the NT because their clubs would suck too much without them. <_<

Well, they are also getting ready for the 2012 Summer Olympics, which explains why they have so many young players playing.

Ref was biased. There was no penalty.. Leandro Damião kicked the ball in Oguchi's hands. <_<

Key stat of the match - Steals:

Brazil - 10, USA - 2.

Next for Team USA - CONCACAF Qualif. kicks off June 8th: Ant. & Barbuda, Guatemala and Jamaica.

Edited by Sħãlïq̵'

USA ain't that bad.. the ref was just horrible.. Team USA is Ok.. guys were kinda nervous last night that's all. Score couldve easily been 3-3.

First half we looked nervous, but we came alive in the second half. As for the ref and the handball call, I thought it really could've gone either way. Onyewu's arm wasn't exactly outstretched/extended. The second and third goals resulted in poor marking, especially on the Thiago Silva goal, and really gave Tim Howard no chance like you said.

Multiple missed opportunities for both teams. I'm just glad that we came alive in the second half and didn't fade away. Really sucks being at home in front of a massive crowd and going down 1-0 on a penalty in the 10th minute. Hard to recover from things like most of the time.

U.S. Men play their final match before 2014 FIFA World Cup qualifying starts tonight against Canada. Game starts at 7 p.m. ET and is on NBC Sports Network, Univision Deportes Network.

U.S. Men play their final match before 2014 FIFA World Cup qualifying starts tonight against Canada. Game starts at 7 p.m. ET and is on NBC Sports Network, Univision Deportes Network.

USA will embarrass Canada.

Edited by Sħãlïq̵'

Can't say I was expecting a scoreless draw. Canada did exactly what Antigua & Barbuda will do on Friday, and that is sitting back and frustrating the U.S. with silly fouls and then countering when possible. Games are never as easy as they seem on paper.

Road to Brazil 2014 begins this Friday versus Antigua & Barbuda. Game is at 7 p.m. ET on ESPN, ESPN3, and Galavision.

http://i.imgur.com/Le5MB.jpg

Welp, the day is finally here. Three points and a win is expected, and anything less and the U.S. may as well pack things up and try again for 2018.

Don't be so harsh, man. I mean, they always got a 'second shot' at it (Guatemala, looking at you). ;)

A much tougher game though, considering they are a much better team, and the fact that the game is in Guatemala City.

While it was a win, it was a litle too close for comfort. U.S. played a great first half, but the second half was a whole different story, especially the last twenty minutes.

Going to have to pick things up on both sides of the ball if the U.S. wants to get a win Tuesday against Guatemala.

• 1 month later...

#USMNT‬ midfielder Michael Bradley has signed for @OfficialASRoma and joined the team for pre-season.

— U.S. SOCCER ‏(@ussoccer) July 15, 2012

Always happy to see an American get a chance at a big European club, especially Bradley who was really good with Chievo. Hopefully he does well!

#USMNT‬ midfielder Michael Bradley has signed for @OfficialASRoma and joined the team for pre-season.

Always happy to see an American get a chance at a big European club, especially Bradley who was really good with Chievo. Hopefully he does well!

Wow, great!!! Happy for him.

I don't think he will get much playing time. Roma is loaded with talent in the middle.

Marquinho (Raw talent, much better player then Bradley, and dribbler, passer, shooter)

David Pizarro

Simone Perrotta

Erik Lamela (20 years old, WAY better then Bradley this kid is amazing). (31match, 6goals, 6assists) (First year at club from River Plate)

Miralem Pjanic (22 years old, same thing WAY better then Bradley will ever be, an Bradley is older.) (31 match, 3 goals, 9 assists) (FIrst year at club from Lyon)

Rodrigo Taddei (Yea he is old but he is still really good mid)

Not to mention Bojan who can play mid as well.

I think Roma just got Bradley for depth incase anyone get hurt. If I'm correct he played in Germany? And it didn't go so well do to lack of playing time. There is just couple Americans that really just stand out in Europe when it comes to Football. And that Fulham player Dempsy (not sure if spelled correct?) but he is quite a good talent that is like the only American who has been good in European. They all get chances in Europe but they just fail or suck really bad, they are used to the compition level.

I hope you dont take offense to this, Im just being really honest.

I don't think he will get much playing time. Roma is loaded with talent in the middle.

Marquinho (Raw talent, much better player then Bradley, and dribbler, passer, shooter)

David Pizarro

Simone Perrotta

Erik Lamela (20 years old, WAY better then Bradley this kid is amazing). (31match, 6goals, 6assists) (First year at club from River Plate)

Miralem Pjanic (22 years old, same thing WAY better then Bradley will ever be, an Bradley is older.) (31 match, 3 goals, 9 assists) (FIrst year at club from Lyon)

Rodrigo Taddei (Yea he is old but he is still really good mid)

Not to mention Bojan who can play mid as well.

I think Roma just got Bradley for depth incase anyone get hurt. If I'm correct he played in Germany? And it didn't go so well do to lack of playing time. There is just couple Americans that really just stand out in Europe when it comes to Football. And that Fulham player Dempsy (not sure if spelled correct?) but he is quite a good talent that is like the only American who has been good in European. They all get chances in Europe but they just fail or suck really bad, they are used to the compition level.

I hope you dont take offense to this, Im just being really honest.

I honestly don't know anything about Roma, as I don't follow Serie A at all. The one thing I did read about the situation is that the the owner DiBenedetto reportedly really wanted an American player and many people seem to believe that played a big part in the signing of Bradley.

I honestly don't know anything about Roma, as I don't follow Serie A at all. The one thing I did read about the situation is that the the owner DiBenedetto reportedly really wanted an American player and many people seem to believe that played a big part in the signing of Bradley.

Oh I see, well do you fallow any European clubs?

Oh I see, well do you fallow any European clubs?

Just started following soccer big time near the beginning of 2011-12 Premier League season. Specifically the Premier League and a good bit of La Liga.

Just started following soccer big time near the beginning of 2011-12 Premier League season. Specifically the Premier League and a good bit of La Liga.

Oh I see, I've been watchin the English football for about 12 years now and Italian 14 years and German about bit the same as Italian. And Spanish and French not much of a fan. My favorite club is Manchester United and have a bit of a soft spot for Tottenham, and I've always like Juventus, that is why I'm hoping Man City sell Dzeko to Juventus.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...