U.S. Soccer Team Discussion Thread

Cobb

GOALKEEPERS (3): Tim Howard (Everton), Sean Johnson (Chicago Fire), Nick Rimando (Real Salt Lake)

DEFENDERS (6): Matt Besler (Sporting Kansas City), Steven Beithasour (San Jose Earthquakes), Geoff Cameron (Stoke City), Edgar Castillo (Club Tijuana), Michael Orozco Fiscal (San Luis), Fabian Johnson (Hoffenheim)

MIDFIELDERS (9): DaMarcus Beasley (Puebla), Kyle Beckerman (Real Salt Lake), Joe Corona (Club Tijuana), Maurice Edu (Rangers), Jermaine Jones (Schalke 04), Jose Torres (Pachuca), Brek Shea (FC Dallas), Danny Williams (Hoffenheim), Graham Zusi (Sporting Kansas City)

FORWARDS (4): Terrence Boyd (Rapid Vienna), Landon Donovan (LA Galaxy), Herculez Gomez (Santos), Chris Wondolowski (San Jose Earthquakes)

That's one inexperienced back line. :o

The USMNT is 0-19-1 all-time at Estadio Azteca and I think it's safe to say we won't be leaving 1-19-1.

^ No Jozy?!! :huh:

It appears just by looking at the roster that he's experimenting with young MLS players, which explains why he left off people like Michael Bradley and Clint Dempsey as well as other European veterans like Carlos Bocanegra, Steve Cherundolo and Oguchi Onyewu.

beIN Sport acquires television rights to USMNT road World Cup qualifiers

Fans in the United States will no longer have to worry about U.S. men's national team World Cup qualifiers being shown on pay-per-view.

New sports network beIN Sport announced in a press release Wednesday that it has acquired exclusive rights to televise the national team's road qualifiers for the remainder of the 2014 World Cup cycle, starting with the final two matches of this round, Sept. 7 against Jamaica and Oct. 12 against Antigua and Barbuda. Assuming the U.S. men qualify for the final hexagonal round, the five road games will be televised on beIN Sport as well.

The network has also purchased the rights for all other CONCACAF World Cup qualifiers except games involving Mexico. Currently, beIN Sport is only available through DirecTV and Dish Network, but the network is in talks with other cable providers.

Comcast just agreed to a deal with them so I'm happy. Overall, this is a GREAT deal for all U.S. soccer fans. Now that Comcast, who is the largest cable provider in the United States, is on board other cable providers should come through as well.

beIN Sport acquires television rights to USMNT road World Cup qualifiers

Comcast just agreed to a deal with them so I'm happy. Overall, this is a GREAT deal for all U.S. soccer fans. Now that Comcast, who is the largest cable provider in the United States, is on board other cable providers should come through as well.

Wish Comcast was back in the West too :/ I had Comcast back in PA. They offer good stuff.

Landon Donovan announced yesterday on the Soccer Today radio show that he will not be joining Everton during the MLS off-season.

“The chances of me playing again this off-season are very slim,” he said. “I’ve had, not since this January but last January, a total of two weeks off. My soccer enthusiasm is not as high as it was two years ago. I’m kind of ready for a break when this season is over.”

Really hope the time off will help him rekindle some of the competitive fire he has talked about losing recently.

ESPN SC Soccer - U.S. women's coach Pia Sundhage announces resignation; guided U.S. to gold medal and had 88-6-10 record

Disappointed, but not that surprised with the news considering it was being discussed during the Olympics.

Roster for the upcoming qualifies against Jamaica was announced over the weekend. Here's what it looks like:

GOALKEEPERS (4): Brad Guzan (Aston Villa), Tim Howard (Everton), Sean Johnson (Chicago Fire), Nick Rimando (Real Salt Lake)

DEFENDERS (9): Carlos Bocanegra (Racing Santander), Geoff Cameron (Stoke City), Steve Cherundolo (Hannover), Maurice Edu (Stoke City), Clarence Goodson (Brondby), Fabian Johnson (Hoffenheim), Michael Orozco Fiscal (San Luis), Michael Parkhurst (Nordsjaelland), Jonathan Spector (Birmingham City)

MIDFIELDERS (7): Kyle Beckerman (Real Salt Lake), Joe Corona (Club Tijuana), Jermaine Jones (Schalke 04), Brek Shea (FC Dallas), Jose Torres (Pachuca), Danny Williams (Hoffenheim), Graham Zusi (Sporting Kansas City)

FORWARDS (4): Jozy Altidore (AZ Alkmaar), Terrence Boyd (Rapid Vienna), Clint Dempsey (Tottenham Hotspur), Herculez Gomez (Santos)

Both Michael Bradley and Landon Donovan are left off due to injury. While Clint Dempsey is on the roster, I am really curious how much he plays considering he hasn't played in a match in over two months. First of two matches against The Reggaeboyz is Friday, September 7th, 2012 @ 8 p.m. ET on beIN SPORT.

Talk about a years of first. We beat Italy, win in Azteca, and lose to Jamaica.

I'm shocked, but Jamaica fully deserved the win. Sluggish performance just like in the Mexico game, but just that the result was in our favor.

Jurgen Klinsmann now has a real gut-check coming on Tuesday night.

Talk about a years of first. We beat Italy, win in Azteca, and lose to Jamaica.

I'm shocked, but Jamaica fully deserved the win. Sluggish performance just like in the Mexico game, but just that the result was in our favor.

Jurgen Klinsmann now has a real gut-check coming on Tuesday night.

Word up! Jamaica had lost all of its matches against the US since 1988 (that's 18 matches). It now leads Group A with 7 points. Jamaica kept its FIFA ranking as the Caribbean’s top national football club. http://www.jamaicans.com/forums/images/graemlins/default/jamaica.jpg The goals:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpsXXKLAZeU&feature=player_embedded