09-10 Phila Eagles Thread

Guest N4S

Season approaching soon.

I don't have as high of hopes as most but I still think we'll do damage.

I think our defense will struggle this year and be inconsistent.

My prediction is that McNabb will be pass happy this year and have huge numbers. Possibly number 3 fantasy QB this year.

Who knows.

I was so excited for this year.

The Stewart Bradley news really sucks [expletive].

Regardless though, we have a very young squad. I'm looking forward to seeing how the guys (on defense especially) step up. Also can't wait to watch the revamped o-line in action.

We got Maclin signed so that's a plus as well. Not sure how much time he will see on the field next year, but a DJax-Maclin duo will be deadly in the future. Also can't wait for the Westy-McCoy 1-2 punch.

In all, still excited for the season. But disappointed as well. Bradley was one of the guys I was really gonna keep an eye on. He was supposed to break out this year and lead the defense. :(

i like this defense, but their success will depend on joe mays. if he can do decent enough to hold the defense together then i think they could have a huge year. the other hole if with the coach, but i have confidence in McDermott, hopefully he can fill in and become jim johnson jr like his is supposed to become

but i expect a good playoff run from this team, nothing less. there is a huge young core here, and if things dont work this year then we are still set for years to come

I really think Mays is going to get the nod.

I been hearing since the Bradley injury that Mays is getting the majority of the training camp reps with the first team.

We've had a [expletive] load of injuries in training camp.

Ingram and Bradley are out for the year with a torn ACL.

Shawn Andrews apparently hurt his back again (who knows how long he will be out this time).

Kolb sprained his MCL. Cole sprained his shoulder. Victor Abiamiri is out until the preseason. Desean Jackson injured his knee, although it wasn't too serious. Something happened to Jason Peters as well, because he's been sitting out in camp. Baskett just got carted off the field with a knee injury.

I know this is football, and players around the league get injured in training camp, but is this normal? I don't remember hearing about all these injuries last year, or any other year. Andy Reid runs a very physical camp, maybe he should tone it down a bit? I know the Cowboys don't even tackle. lol

Or maybe I'm just overreacting. Just seems like a lot of hurt players before the season even starts.

Edited by Jagmit

Preseason game tomorrow, I might be going to it I'm not positive as of now. I'm most looking forward to how McNabb looks out there and I really want to see McCoy.

And to the idea of signing Derrick Brooks I say eff that. He is done and injury prone. Joe Mays reminds me of Trotter and I think he can really step up this year. Obviously not to that magnitude, but I'm expecting good things.

mcnabb is looking great, as well as mccoy. but the o-line is fine. they have tons of injuries and it will take guys like peters a few weeks to get used to everything. all things considered they are looking good. but the d-line is pretty bad. i think they needed to get another d-end. but they are missing cole right now