09-10 Phila Eagles Thread

Guest N4S

Haha right on Smitty, eff Lorenzo Booker. He was one of the biggest pusses ever and a total waste of a trade giving up that third round pick for him. I'm too surprised they still have 7 WR.... Interesting. All of them are worthy of being on an NFL Roster though.

Word man. Dude was more scared of contact than Todd Pinkston. God forbid you try to make the guy run up the middle, smh.

In all honesty, I kinda wish we had kept Amendola...dude has alot of upside.

Cowboys had him last year and he got cut in the final cuts as well. Hard Knocks really made it seem like he a lock for the 5/6 receiver. I was disappointed to see him with the eagles the final preseason game. Happy they cut him. Reminds of Wes Welker a lot. A guy everyone doubts but he goes out there, small white dude, runs crossing routes, does dirty work, and produces.

Rumor from Gargano, a Philly sports guy, is that the Eagles will cut Reggie Brown and sign TE Alex Smith. I dunno too much about Smith, all I know is that Reggie is redundant and doesn't really have a spot on the roster, and that we need more depth at TE. Smith can provide us with that.

Also, Gargano says we may be looking at LB Kirk Morrison from the Raiders. Most likely nothing happens, but given the Raider's track record, I wouldn't be that surprised if we traded a 7th rounder to get him ;)

Also, farewell AJ Feeley. He was released today and we picked up DT Antonio Dixon. Feeley always seemed to step up when we needed him, so I wish him the best of luck. Always a class act in Philly :)

BREAKING NEWS:

Smitty's wish has been granted, you're starting safety...

http://media3.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/photo/2007/08/27/PH2007082701664.jpg

http://www.roanoke.com/sports/images/0824_vtcover_750x1306.jpg

Victor "MACHO" Harris!!!

Dayum, I liked the pick at the time, never knew he'd be a starter so fast. I have mixed emotions on this announcement. Although he's done well in camp and preseason (which is why he won the job), I question how ready he is to step in as a starter. I mean, he's just a freaking rookie. I'm sort of disappointed in Demps, but then again, not really surprised. This is why I was so pissed when we let B-Dawk walk. Demps is a valuable player in special teams, and he's a decent backup, but I never really viewed him as starter material. Whatever though, Macho won the job when it starting safety spot was basically handed to Demps, which says a lot.

Man, I'm loving our rookies this year. Maclin - McCoy - Macho could all contribute a big part to our team this upcoming season. Just wish Ingram could've stayed healthy...

Also, Shawn Andrews will be back on the field for game 1 against the Panthers. Our entire o-line except Todd Herremans is finally back.

I'm so [expletive]ing pumped :)

Edited by Yung Luv

A day after working out for the Giants, and only three days after being cut by the Patriots, tight end Alex Smith has agreed to terms with the Eagles, according to Adam Schefter of ESPN.

Per Schefter, the deal is expected to be signed today.

Smith was a third-round pick of the Buccaneers in 2005, and he signed a free-agent deal with the Patriots was traded to New England in the offseason. But he lost a battle with Benjamin Watson that neither man likely realized was an all-or-nothing competition.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/08/the-other-alex-smith-lands-in-philly/

Westbrook isn't worth having at that enormous salary until 2013 when he will not be anything close to the Westbrook of old. Smart move by the Eagles. RB's have the shortest lifespan in the NFL and the Eagles are just being smart by becoming more flexible with that move.

On the other hand I'm REALLLY pissed about cutting Baskett over Brown, and also about Shawn Andrews. This is two years in a row now Andrews. Just gtfo the team. Sad an enormous talent has gone to waste.

Andrews, smh...

such a waste of talent, but I hope he gets his head straight. Dude's got some major issues, I hope he can get help and recover. Honestly though, I would love to have him on our team, but our o-line will manage without him. We looked great against the Panthers, and our line wasn't bad at all last year. Wish him the best of luck to whatever he's going through though. Some things are more important than football.

did that macho harris guy play well against the panthers? i couldnt really watch the game much

He didn't really do much. He should've had that interception, but he wasn't able to capitalize on a terrible throw. I think Bree's is really going to try and pick on Macho in the secondary. Hopefully they don't leave him alone on guys.

"Ashley Fox of the Philadelphia Inquirer is reporting that the Philadelphia Eagles are ready to venture in the newly named Pitbull Formation league wide known as the Wildcat Formation whom the Miami Dolphins made famous. Vick could get on the field for upward of a dozen plays on Sunday."
Edited by N4S

desperate times call for desperate measures...

Eagles worked out this guy:

http://i.cdn.turner.com/sivault/si_online/covers/images/2005/0131_mid.jpg

Reid said he was impressed and will monitor the situation.

Listen, I love Trotter and all he's give us, but his knees are shot and he was finished his last year here with us. I know Gaither and Mays haven't lit the world on fire, but will Trot do any better?