09-10 Phila Eagles Thread

Guest N4S

yeah the D-line was getting no pressure, but then again they were mostly 2nd/3rd stringers going up against the Patriot's first team o-line.

thats true. you really cant take preseason performance that seriously. it is important for guys like mccoy and other young guys, but it really means nothing beyond that

who is that buckley guy? when he scored the first td i had no idea who he was because his hair covered his name

he was on the chargers and they cut him, i believe. i heard he's been doing good in camp. he's a great runner, much better than booker. hopefully he makes the roster.

also, what about the rookies? mccoy and maclin, mccoy especially, was a [expletive]ing beast. brandon gibson, the 6th round pick looked pretty good as well. i think he'll win the battle for the last WR spot.

Edited by Jagmit

the rookies did look pretty good. mccoy looked great and looked like he count have an immediate impact, and he looks like a good compliment to westbrook. and maclin looked really good too, especially on those returns. and gibson has a shot to beat out baskett for that roster spot

and what is going on with reggie brown? i totally forgot he existed. i was looking through the roster a minute ago and i saw his name. i havent heard anything about him at all recently, is he even gonna make the team?

reggie brown, hank baskett, and brandon robinson will battle for the last two roster spots IMO. one of them won't be on the roster when the season starts. robinson has shown more than either of them, and the coaches have been raving about him at camp, so i think he's gonna be on the roster when it's all said and done. probably gonna come down to either brown or baskett.

but yeah, I agree with you. mccoy and maclin are [expletive]ing explosive. i didn't expect either to contribute much this season, and granted, it was preseason, but they showed a lot of promise. i think mccoy and westy can be a deadly 1-2 punch. mccoy can help keep westy fresh and maclin should tear it up in special teams once he gets more experience.

Edited by Jagmit

McCoy is going to be a bigtime contributer for the Birds this year. A big contributer. I'm not as sold on Maclin making a big impact this year, but he'll shows flashes of his potential.

Also...Gibson >>> Baskett

Buckley >>>> Booker

Yeah Buckley looked way better than Booker ever has. Booker always shies away from contact and runs to the sidelines while Buckley just runs right in there. Guy looked really good getting both Touchdowns and was able to run the screen really well.

Also I dunno if anyone remembers the Aker worries last year, but he missed from beyond 40 yards again on that final attempt to win the game. If it was a regular season game we would all be reallly pissed. He's going to bring up cause for concern with misses like that.

Also does anyone think Vick will be the successor to McNabb when he's done. I was just thinking about this and McNabb has two years left on his contract and is approaching his mid 30's while Vick is 29 and is only now truly training for the first time according to himself of course.

lol saw Vick jersey's at the mall yesterday too was pretty funny.

Edited by Diesel

lol

I doubt Vick stays here longterm. It's more so a short term thing, if he shows something we may ship him out for a pick next year. It's not like McNabb is THAT much older than Vick, plus Vick has never been a true QB. He probably won't play QB for us at all next year, just lining up for wildcat formations, or maybe even taking snaps at WR (McNabb said it could be possible to see him with Vick on the field together next year). Vick's game revolves completely around his athleticism and speed anyways, which I see declining as he gets older. Unless he can magically develop true QB skill (if he hasn't already I doubt he will) I doubt he has a chance.

Edited by Yung Luv

^i agree

vick is gone after this season. the eagles are cheap, they are not gonna pay a backup QB or whatever he is 5 million dollars. they are either gonna trade him or just let him go after this year. that being the case he is not going to be the successor to mcnabb since mcnabb is gonna be here a few years

the better question is, if mcnabb gets hurt, who fills in, kolb or vick?

McCoy is going to be a bigtime contributer for the Birds this year. A big contributer. I'm not as sold on Maclin making a big impact this year, but he'll shows flashes of his potential.

i also agree.

mccoy is going to have a slightly bigger role then buckhalter had last year. i dont know about bigtime, but he will absolutely have an impact and take a big load off of westbrook

and i dont think maclin is gonna do much this year either. there is no doubt that he has a ton of potential and skill, but i think his impact will be a couple years down the road. this is jacksons year and he is gonna have a great one