New Jersey at New York

Real Deal

I feel the need to emphasize this because it just puzzles me... why does Avery feel the need to put Petro on the court for even three minutes. It's like he has to make sure Petro enters the game and does something ridiculous before he exits. Three minutes tonight, and still a turnover, a crucial one at that.

Edited by Brooklyn Bound

Nah man it was your guys pick an role defense. Chandler was setting him screens and Lin was going straight to the rim with them.

It still came down to poor interior D. Nobody rotated to pick up Lin on the drive. And when someone did step up they would try to take a [expletive]ing charge which resulted in a blocking foul pretty much every time.

I feel the need to emphasize this because it just puzzles me... why does Avery feel the need to put Petro on the court for even three minutes. It's like he has to make sure Petro enters the game and does something ridiculous before he exits. Three minutes tonight, and still a turnover, a crucial one at that.

Good to see that you are realizing why I have always hated Petro lol

I was poking fun at your grammar son.

And no, he was not awful. 21 points, 11 assists, 6 rebounds, 3 steals. The fact that he can put up those kind of numbers with the booty ass team he is playing with is incredible.

Carmelo was AWFUL. 3-15 from the field, 11 points, 3 rebounds...

Could care less about stats to be honest. He had a There's days where Amar'e and Melo fill up the box score and they were still horrible. Deron Williams didn't have a good game. I should have specified, he was awful on defense. Offensively he missed a few key shots on certain possessions down the stretch and was not at his best. I missed the 1st qtr, but I think he had a big 1st qtr offensively which also padded those numbers. Could be wrong though.

Could care less about stats to be honest. He had a There's days where Amar'e and Melo fill up the box score and they were still horrible. Deron Williams didn't have a good game. I should have specified, he was awful on defense. Offensively he missed a few key shots on certain possessions down the stretch and was not at his best. I missed the 1st qtr, but I think he had a big 1st qtr offensively which also padded those numbers. Could be wrong though.

I don't even know what game you were watching at this point.

“There is so much focus on Carmelo, Amare and the other guys that our game plan was to help off him and go under (screens) on him,” Williams said.

Deron Williams was not awful on defense. It couldn't be any more clear that Deron was told to play off on Lin. Lin had an explosive fluke game... it happens to everyone. Shit Morrow scored 44 last night. Does that mean he's going to continue putting up insane numbers? Obviously not but when it is your night there is little anyone can do to stop it. I agree, Deron did not play his best game tonight. But to say that he played awful is foolish. And since when do numbers get padded in the 1st? Is the 1st quarter considered garbage time now? He had a solid first quarter putting up 10 points. I think you should be more worried about the fact that you guys barely beat a team who's second best player on the floor was Kris Humphries.

Edited by GUƦU

The intelligent offensive player Lin is really came into play tonight. He picked apart the Nets defense, and really worked the ball nicely. Obviously he isn't our long term solution, but until Davis gets healthy or we trade for someone like Nash, he can offer a lot at PG. I'm not a huge fan of TD and think Iman Shumpert has a lot of learning to do at the Point.

I don't even know what game you were watching at this point.

Deron Williams was not awful on defense. It couldn't be any more clear that Deron was told to play off on Lin. Lin had an explosive fluke game... it happens to everyone. Shit Morrow scored 44 last night. Does that mean he's going to continue putting up insane numbers? Obviously not but when it is your night there is little anyone can do to stop it. I agree, Deron did not play his best game tonight. But to say that he played awful is foolish. And since when do numbers get padded in the 1st? Is the 1st quarter considered garbage time now? He had a solid first quarter putting up 10 points. I think you should be more worried about the fact that you guys barely beat a team who's second best player on the floor was Kris Humphries.

Lol. I think u should be more concerned with ur best player giving up 25 points to an asian hows that for a [expletive]ing fail

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=-7HzhtJaCo0

lol looked like Deron was trying everything he could to stop him nothing worked haha. Crazy has such a quick first step, the one reverse lay up he had was insane. Great game for Lin, still lolKnicks.

You can see Deron going under the screen almost every time. :lol:

Like I said, great game for Lin. Not trying to take anything away from him.

so because he went under the screen what does that mean? generally if u go under a screen in basketball u are trying to help protect against the guy going by u...lin didn't torch deron with the three ball or jumper, he torched him by deron looking slow as [expletive] and lin going right by him

that's all i'm sayin Bruh

Edited by JYD

I just watched the video again. Farmar was on Lin the entire 1st half. In fact, Deron was only guarding Lin 5 times in the entire video. Lin "torched" Deron on 2 [expletive]ing plays. 2. Get your head out of your ass and re-watch the video Tyrone.

I just watched the video again. Farmar was on Lin the entire 1st half. In fact, Deron was only guarding Lin 5 times in the entire video. Lin "torched" Deron on 2 [expletive]ing plays. 2. Get your head out of your ass and re-watch the video Tyrone.

Deron Williams guarded Lin more than two plays

Jordan Williams needs to make those easy baskets when he's down low. Thought I was watching Josh Boone again.

Jordan is going to be a project. I'm a Maryland fan, and he left a year too early. He should've stayed. He needs to continue to work on his offensive game, he's going to be a good rebounder and hustle guy, but offensively he could develop a lot more