NYK 2011/12 General Discussion

NomarFachix

I was wondering where the hell Jeffries was at the end of the game if I were D'antoni I would have had Douglas - Melo - Jeffries - Amar'e - Chandler on the floor during those final minutes, I would have had Douglas guarding Ray Allen, Melo on Daniels, Ama're on Bass and then when they were doing the P&R I would have Jeffries and Chandler switching back and fourth on Rondo this way they couldn't get the Douglas - KG mismatch.

Melo got beat up a lot that game too.

Good game, always nice to beat a rival but gotta get healthy and gotta get better, especially on defense...they proved today that even if things aren't going their way offensively they can still force the issue with Melo and Amar'e and get offense...

Shumperrt is a big loss. Although he shoots and forces the action too much, he's still a nice spark off the bench. Jeffries was looking better this season too. Both are big losses.

Bibby needs to step up. I hope Baron is back sooner than expected, lol

Doubt he'll play much with Bibby back, but good move nonetheless.

TD23 has to step his game up with Shumpert out. He'll get a ton of minutes now and needs to perform...

Looking forward to the game vs GS. [expletive] Mark Jackson, hope they take it to his team.

There are also indications that Brooklyn isn't viewed as the only avenue for Howard to give Adidas a foothold in New York. With the Knicks (2-4) off to an abysmal start -- losing at home to Toronto and Charlotte this week on the second night of back-to-backs for both substandard teams -- already there are rumblings of discord on the coaching staff. The confusion and lack of commitment to new defensive assistant Mike Woodson's schemes is painfully evident -- "We're trying to improvise on the fly, and you can't do that," defensive stalwart Tyson Chandler said -- as is the tenuous situation for head coach Mike D'Antoni. If the acquisition of Anthony last February wasn't evidence enough, the addition of Woodson has only underscored how D'Antoni's influence within the organization has waned. D'Antoni is coaching in the final year of his contract without an extension offer forthcoming, an issue that threatens to consume whatever momentum the Knicks built last season.

If the Knicks keep struggling, the focus will spread from the coaching to the roster, and sources advise not to be surprised if the notion of a possible deal sending Amar'e Stoudemire to Orlando for Howard gains traction. If the Magic opt to convert Howard into a superstar of reasonably comparable stature, they could do a lot worse than selling Stoudemire -- a central Florida native -- to their restless fan base. The biggest issue would be Stoudemire's uninsurable knees, but there is risk involved in every scenario Orlando will be presented with between now and March 15. From the Knicks' standpoint, such an arrangement would break up the ill-fitting offensive combo of Stoudemire and Anthony and allow the versatile Chandler to move to the power forward spot, where he'd be a terror as a weak-side shot blocker and in Stoudemire's spot as the roll man in D'Antoni's pick-and-roll offense. A deeper question exists in whether Madison Square Garden chairman James Dolan would sign off on trading Stoudemire, who was the only star willing to commit to the Knicks and embrace the challenges of New York in July 2010. For the aforementioned reasons, sources say it's plausible but unlikely that the Knicks and Orlando would be able to get any such talks off the ground. For one thing, it makes too much sense.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/16737029/postups-how-will-the-howard-saga-end

@Amareisreal Amar'e Stoudemire

"A lie has speed but truth has endurance" Stay Real not Ignorant.

12 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

Not sure what's more unsettling.. that he's listening to the rumors, or that he uses a Blackberry :huh:

Maybe this will motivate him to play better!

The more I think it of it the more I just feel Shumpert is perfect for this team. He has been able to show that he's a 2 guard who can make his own shot and create for other, however he can also handle the ball and find open players. The one word they used on him coming out the draft was "versatile" and the more we seem the more he proves just how versatile he is. When he's on the court we bring in just about any guard off our bench and be fine. If we bring in Douglas then Shumpert can handle the ball and Toney can play off ball and defend the point while Shump picks up the 2. If we bring in Bibby, same thing, Bibby can even run point. If we have Baron then Shump can play off ball and defend the more athletic guard. If we have Fields/Walker in Shumpert can run point and pick up whoever on D. We can even bench Melo and play him at the 2/3 with Fields and really again bring in any of those guards because he is capable of running point.

Just thoughts on how his versatility is key for guys on our team who are 1 dimensional...

Knicks fan

I watched a lot of knicks basketball last year but not this year, so how does Shumpurt compare to landry fields?

Landry Fields was never a guy who we thought was going to be amazing. What we loved about Landry was his hustle on boards and his shooting. At the very least we thought Landry would develop in a great 6th man who can grab boards from the 2 or 3 and hit his open jumpshots and match up with the other teams 2 or 3. Landry hasn't taken that next step yet, but he's still young. Shumpert on the other hand really has all the tools, we threw 2/3 alley oops to him last night caught em with ease, he plays good on ball D, he has shown that he can hit his 3's and his passing and vision is on point. Shumpert is someone who can really develop to an all star type player, i don't know if he will be that good but he certainly has the tools.