NYK 2011/12 General Discussion

NomarFachix

We weren't getting blown out with Melo shooting 30%?

My wish absolutely has come true. Get healthy and play better.

So now the question becomes if we lose the next two games on this road trip...

Does D'Antoni survive coming back home losing 9 out of 10 and at 7-13 overall?

Does D'Antoni deserve to come back?

I think he will last til at least late next week, and I do think he deserves a little more time (maybe 5-7 more games until a change is absolutely needed)

Alan Hahn @alanhahn

Tyson on #Knicks frustration: "You get stops, you get stops and you get stops, but you can't score."

Alan Hahn @alanhahn

More Tyson after the game, on the prospect of a losing season with #Knicks: "I refuse to have a losing season like that. I refuse."

Baron Davis could quickly become a joke. A joke as in, he may not play many games for the Knicks.

Man, the Knicks need to explore options for PG's that are out there. Maybe LA will have one to spare? Lol. Free Agency? You can't tell me there's NO ONE out there on the trade block/FA that is better than Toney Douglas and Jeremy Lin.

I thought Lin gives us pretty quality minutes each time he's out there.. a better fit for the flow of the offense than Douglas, for sure.

Have to look into making a trade, even if Baron IS the answer. Caulderon, Mo Williams, Sessions, Chalmers, Nash.. whoever. Get someone in here.

My friend told me that he heard that if D'antoni losses the next 2 games it's over, we are playing Detroit which is an absolute must win for him because we are playing Chicago after that...

I think if we lose against Detroit, that might be the end of him on Wednesday. You cannot lose to Detroit, in a must win game, at home, even without Melo and Baron Davis. And Baron Davis may never [expletive]ing play at this point. I've read some places that he's not even really close.

I think if we lose against Detroit, that might be the end of him on Wednesday. You cannot lose to Detroit, in a must win game, at home, even without Melo and Baron Davis. And Baron Davis may never [expletive]ing play at this point. I've read some places that he's not even really close.

lol it's funny you keep saying we are obsessed with Davis and him being the savior and you are the one that keeps bringing him up.

Some Knicks are surprised point guard Baron Davis did not make his debut on their four-game recent road trip, according to a person familiar with the situation.

Despite the club’s crisis-level 1-9 slide in their past 10 games, Davis, who has not played this season because of herniated disks, keeps postponing his Knicks debut after returning to practice one week ago because he feels he is not sharp or strong enough yet in scrimmages.

Davis’ return still is up in the air, and a source said it could be one week before he makes his Knicks debut. Davis will practice today in his first 5-on-5 scrimmage since last Monday, and unless he looks terrific, he won’t play tomorrow against the Pistons at Madison Square Garden.

The Knicks would like to know what they have in Davis because it could affect their interest level in power forward Kenyon Martin. An NBA source said the Knicks “are in consideration’’ along with five clubs, including the Heat. Martin could be eligible in mid-to-late February after getting out of his contract in China.

In order to make room for Martin, however, the Knicks would have to cut point guard Jeremy Lin, who has a non-guaranteed contract. Lin played the game’s final 20 minutes Saturday, finishing with nine points and six assists and looking aggressive. D’Antoni may have wanted to see what he has in Lin because he could be needed as insurance for Davis.

The Post reported last month Carmelo Anthony wants the Knicks to sign Martin, his former Nuggets teammate.

The point-guard situation is becoming an even greater wreck. D’Antoni replaced ailing rookie Iman Shumpert as starting point guard Saturday with inconsistent Toney Douglas, who still has not fully recovered from shoulder surgery. Veteran Mike Bibby has been ineffective.

Sounds to me like he will play

He wasn't saying he'll play tomorrow, just that he'll play eventually.

Wait, what? All I said is that Baron didn't practice today, won't play tomorrow.

I think we should give Lin some burn with the starters and see what he can do.

Wouldn't be opposed to a Lin/Shumpert/Fields/Amar'e/Chandler starting five if Melo can't go tomorrow. Idk about you, but I've seen enough of Toney Douglas.

Also, why are we going after Kenyon? Why is that rumored? What about J.R. Smith! He's the one we need (backcourt scoring/shooting!)

I agree that JR is the better fit, though I am not sure about either of their contract situations. I am sure Kenyon will go cheaper on the market, and with the big contracts of Melo/Amare/Chandler, I am not sure if they could afford JR in a straight-up signing. Kenyon is still a great defender, and good rebounder and finisher. Definitely wouldn't hurt them if he came at the right price.

yeah, it woul definitely be hard to get both. I could see us getting one. if we could JR for the mini MLE that'd be ideal.

and the Knicks don't even fast break anymore. anyone else notice that? and it's not just because of Melo. with him out they don't seem to get out on the break much either. I think that's a huge issue no one talks about!