6ers inquire about Amare

I'll pass. Dude plays no defense whatsoever.

Yes he might be better offensively that any big we have but why try to fix it if it aint broke?

If we could get rid of Brand, Noch, and a pick or 2, let's talk.

According to a league source, the Sixers have inquired about Stoudemire, though it was categorized as “due diligence.” Nothing is said to be imminent or even in the early stages other than just talk, the source said. Nevertheless, in past seasons the Sixers were reportedly discussing trade scenarios with the Phoenix Suns in order to acquire Stoudemire. Whether or not the Sixers can afford Stoudemire, of course, is an issue too. Stoudemire is the ninth-highest paid player in the NBA after signing a five-year, $100 million contract before the 2010-11 season. He earns $18.2 million this season, $19.9 million next season and approximately $45 million between 2013 and 2015.

http://www.csnphilly.com/blog/sixers-talk/post/Source-Sixers-inquire-about-Stoudemire?blockID=640460&feedID=704

Doesn't seem like there is much to it. Finger said it himself...it's just "due diligence". I am sure every team asks around about every player they like from time to time. I'd be surprised if anything comes of this.

The sixers shouldn't break up this squad for anyone unless they get a good deal on Dwight

This. And the chances of that are like, 1 in 100000000, so in other words, the squad should be broken up under any circumstances.

This. And the chances of that are like, 1 in 100000000, so in other words, the squad should be broken up under any circumstances.

Yeah Howard would most likely veto a trade to Philly because because he wants to win now; Stat seems more patient and is willing to take the lead role on a unproven team like he did on the Knicks before Carmelo arrived. .

That would be interesting. Honestly, I thought Amare Stoudemire loved New York but since Carmelo jacks up so many shots and rarely passes him the ball, I wouldn't be surprised if he wants to go somewhere else and the Sixers are a young team that's rising on the ladder of elite teams... that's maybe just my opinion. For the Sixers to trade for Amare though they would have to probably give Elton Brand and Andre Iguodala