Philadelphia Phillies 2012

Phightins

Niese looks horrendous, could barely throw a strike if his life depended on it. Yet the Phillies keep swinging at awful pitches and it is a 2-2 game. Yay offense!

He didn't have it today but, he still has some pretty nice stuff. Got a lot of swing and misses on strikes.

Been an ugly game all day and really has the feel of a game the mets are just destined to lose but came back from down 2 runs twice, so I am happy right now...

Not every day you see a team score 4 runs on 2 hits

Doc is out 6-8 weeks. Terrible, but not as bad as it could have been, I suppose.

The Phillies say this has been bothering him since Spring Training. Weird to say, but if the Phillies are to be taken at their word this is actually very re-assuring. Nice to know that his struggles were indeed injury related. Lets see what he looks like at full strength come July/August.

Yeah, pretty predictable series I guess. Phillies win the Hamels and Lee starts and lose the Blanton start (although Hamels and Lee were hardly at the top of their game).

However, Charlie strikes again. Absolutely no need to go to Papelbon here.

Phillies will supposedly be going heavy on college players early in the draft. This is a big time philosophy change. Probably for the best considering the current state of the team. A few cheap, quick fixes would be a huge help.

Phillies will supposedly be going heavy on college players early in the draft. This is a big time philosophy change. Probably for the best considering the current state of the team. A few cheap, quick fixes would be a huge help.

So much for that. High school arms early and often. Typical. These next 5 seasons look bleaker by the day.

Up to 6 walk-off loses on the road this year and Jonathan Papelbon has appeared in zero of them.

I know, this stupidity expands to basically every team in baseball. With maybe 2 or 3 exceptions, nobody uses their closer on the road in a non-save situation. So unbelievably dumb. It'd be nice if the Phillies started thinking more progressively, considering their lack of bullpen depth.

Up to 6 walk-off loses on the road this year and Jonathan Papelbon has appeared in zero of them.

I know, this stupidity expands to basically every team in baseball. With maybe 2 or 3 exceptions, nobody uses their closer on the road in a non-save situation. So unbelievably dumb. It'd be nice if the Phillies started thinking more progressively, considering their lack of bullpen depth.

7*

Simply remarkable. Adam Jones and Matt Wieters coming up, and the left handed Joe Savery comes into pitch while Papelbon sits idly. Just terrible. This shouldn't get me so shocked/angry anymore, but the stupidity of this team, from the players to the coaches to the front office, is just amazing.

First good news in a while. Chase Utley will begin his official rehab assignment tomorrow. Also, the top 3 draft picks all signed at or below slot value.

Chase Utley getting booed in his first rehab game? C'mon Phillies fans. The guy definitely doesn't deserve the boos.

Haha. You need to remember these are the same idiots that booed Bobby Abreu mercilessly last week in his first trip back here as an opposing player. Yes, Abreu, the guy who never did anything controversial and, for my money, is the best Phillies hitter of my lifetime. There isn't much logic involved, people are just stupid.

Safe to say this Chooch injury is likely the nail in the coffin, if it's serious.

Also, Bastardo had a self-inflicted weight room injury after his appearance last night, out of frustration. Shit has officially hit the fan, although it's nice to know that he cares!

Bottom 9th, tie game, middle of the order coming up. Michael Schwimer in the game, Papelbon sitting idly. Even if Schwim escapes, this is so freaking annoying.

Lolol...the "baseball gods" fully support the strategy.

Similarly, can't believe we are in the 10th inning of a tie game with a Joe Savery/Erik Kratz battery :lol:.

Lolol...the "baseball gods" fully support the strategy.

Similarly, can't believe we are in the 10th inning of a tie game with a Joe Savery/Erik Kratz battery :lol:.

I'm just shocked Cordero didn't give up a run.

You know your offense is in trouble when you can't score on Francisco Cordero of all people.

Pretty much. Can't believe our prized pinch hitter Mike Fontenot wasn't able to come through :lol:

And lol. Pretty typical that Savery was actually looking pretty good, with a strikeout and getting Davis down 0-2, but can't finish it. Welp...

Edited by Phightins