Super Bowl XLVI: NY Giants vs. New England

Real Deal

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

http://cache.sharenxs.com/images/wz/cabc/af/ac/af/c-/Catch46.gif

http://cache.sharenxs.com/images/wz/cabc/ag/ac/ag/ab/TCKMA.gif

http://cache.sharenxs.com/images/wz/cabc/ag/ac/ag/aa/ELITE.gif

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_assets/975945/bradyhurt.gif

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/935822/brad2_medium.gif

Brady choked, plain and simple, He had two drives in the 4th quarter to seal the game, the first drive he threw a stupid interception, second drive he moved the ball and he may have not had a lot of help from his receivers but he still could have made better passes. Then with a minute left and a timeout he had a chance to win the game and only got to mid field. That is a definite choke in my book. Credit Eli Manning for making the big plays when it mattered, We knew thats what it would come down too. Manning got the ball left with 4 minutes left and went on a 3 minute touch down drive. Solidified his status as a top 5 QB (over Romo :( ) in my book. Congrats again to the Giants fan, young talented team they will be tough to beat next year. Patriots, their window is closing, but they still got a couple of runs with Brady left in tank.

Few tasteless comments but let's continue to keep it classy fellas.

BTW if Romo did what Brady did tonight, the entire sports world would want his head #DoubleStanadard

He didn't choke.

Brady choked, plain and simple, He had two drives in the 4th quarter to seal the game, the first drive he threw a stupid interception, second drive he moved the ball and he may have not had a lot of help from his receivers but he still could have made better passes. Then with a minute left and a timeout he had a chance to win the game and only got to mid field. That is a definite choke in my book. Credit Eli Manning for making the big plays when it mattered, We knew thats what it would come down too. Manning got the ball left with 4 minutes left and went on a 3 minute touch down drive. Solidified his status as a top 5 QB (over Romo :( ) in my book. Congrats again to the Giants fan, young talented team they will be tough to beat next year. Patriots, their window is closing, but they still got a couple of runs with Brady left in tank.

BTW if Romo did what Brady did tonight, the entire sports world would want his head #DoubleStanadard

This post is full of so much fail, that I'll address it later when I get back.

I don't think Brady choked. His WRs were dropping balls like they just hit puberty on that last drive. Not to mention our D-line was getting to Brady in under 3 seconds on almost every single play. If anyone choked it was the Pats O-line to be honest. Brady's passes were rushed and a bit off target. That sack he took was a huge step in stopping that drive and having it come down to a hail mary.

Here we go.

1. Where did Brady choke? Are you going to refer to the first quarter which was really his only "poor" quarter of the game, in which he still led the Patriots down the field. If that safety in the first quarter is "choking", then I don't know what to tell you. That unfortunate play led to nine of the Giants points.

2. You're second line is just flat out funny. He threw the ball where it needed to be, and the WR's just straight up dropped them. Maybe the placement on the Welker pass could have been SLIGHTLY better, but Welker catches that ball 999/1,000 times.

3. You make having a minute sound like an eternity when a team has to score a TD, and nothing but a TD. On that drive, the Giants finally got some real pressure on him and the o-line couldn't handle it at that time. He then stepped up on 4th and 16 and completed a first down, a pass which was actually caught. If Branch had gotten the ball over the middle (tough play), he had 20 yards between him and the next defender.

4. Eli made the plays that he had too, and he just played very well, like you said.

5. The Patriots window is not "closing", it's just extending. They have a LOT of young talent on their team along with a good amount of draft picks, and they will once again contend next year.

6. I have no clue why you're using Romo as an example. There's a reason people criticize him so much. It's because he's NEVER won anything in the NFL. So, it makes no sense to even compare Brady in this game (who completed 16 straight passes....while "choking") to a QB that has repeatedly blown games for his team. There's a reason the Cowboys didn't make the playoffs, and that reason is Romo.

Anyways, I think Gronkowski's ankle was a lot worse than people were anticipating. The Patriots still need a true deep threat.

Here we go.

1. Where did Brady choke? Are you going to refer to the first quarter which was really his only "poor" quarter of the game, in which he still led the Patriots down the field. If that safety in the first quarter is "choking", then I don't know what to tell you. That unfortunate play led to nine of the Giants points.

2. You're second line is just flat out funny. He threw the ball where it needed to be, and the WR's just straight up dropped them. Maybe the placement on the Welker pass could have been SLIGHTLY better, but Welker catches that ball 999/1,000 times.

3. You make having a minute sound like an eternity when a team has to score a TD, and nothing but a TD. On that drive, the Giants finally got some real pressure on him and the o-line couldn't handle it at that time. He then stepped up on 4th and 16 and completed a first down, a pass which was actually caught. If Branch had gotten the ball over the middle (tough play), he had 20 yards between him and the next defender.

4. Eli made the plays that he had too, and he just played very well, like you said.

5. The Patriots window is not "closing", it's just extending. They have a LOT of young talent on their team along with a good amount of draft picks, and they will once again contend next year.

6. I have no clue why you're using Romo as an example. There's a reason people criticize him so much. It's because he's NEVER won anything in the NFL. So, it makes no sense to even compare Brady in this game (who completed 16 straight passes....while "choking") to a QB that has repeatedly blown games for his team. There's a reason the Cowboys didn't make the playoffs, and that reason is Romo.

Anyways, I think Gronkowski's ankle was a lot worse than people were anticipating. The Patriots still need a true deep threat.

Cowboys didnt make the playoffs because of romo?he was part of it but im pretty sure the horrid defense that cant pressure and cant cover. The o line cant block either and the coach freezes kickers. And was the 1st giants game his fault? no. That was the game. If they would have won they would have made the playoffs. In that game the defense never got a stop. Romo led them to field goal range in three plays. It wasnt his fault that the kick got blocked.

Like i said some of the colapse was on him but when people say its all on romo they have not watched a cowboys game.

Sorry for the rant

Cowboys didnt make the playoffs because of romo?he was part of it but im pretty sure the horrid defense that cant pressure and cant cover. The o line cant block either and the coach freezes kickers. And was the 1st giants game his fault? no. That was the game. If they would have won they would have made the playoffs. In that game the defense never got a stop. Romo led them to field goal range in three plays. It wasnt his fault that the kick got blocked.

Like i said some of the colapse was on him but when people say its all on romo they have not watched a cowboys game.

Sorry for the rant

Pats fans should be pissed about this. I would be if I was a Pats fan. That is not what you do the day after you lose the Superbowl, thats for sure.

Meh, I wouldn't pissed at what he did after the game. It was a pre-planned party and he clearly drank a little too much. Shit happens. I would be pissed at the fact that his ankle looks completely fine and he played like shit though.

It wasn't the day after, it was that night. There is two sides to every argument like you can't changed what happened but they lost the Super Bowl hours before and managed to be dancing on stage like winners. To me I don't mind it but to the dude who spent $$$ on season tickets or traveled from NE to the Super Bowl, that just must be a kick in the nuts.

I would respond the ECN, but honestly I would just have requote my post, I said everything that needed to be said. Didn't score in the final 20 minutes of the game. When you know your defense sucks, that's unacceptable.

i am a patriots fan and it dosnt piss me off a little..just because i wouldn't expect to see tom brady up there dancing it makes it look like they don't even care whaever they're still rich so who cares right..were just fans anyways. Rodney Harrison said it best. Thats a true football player..Gronk is still a young minded as compared to veterans like back in the dynasty days.

Well be back ladies and gentleman..the defense can only get better the Patriots aren't going away anytime soon.

Wow this thread is still going! Im kinda sad that the football season is over myself, I woke up the day after the Super Bowl and realized that it was over. It was a sad day

It gets a lot worse when basketball and hockey season end. Then there is like 2 months of only baseball, which is alright, but its no basketball, hockey or football. For me anyways.

It gets a lot worse when basketball and hockey season end. Then there is like 2 months of only baseball, which is alright, but its no basketball, hockey or football. For me anyways.

Agreed.. End of June till August are horrrrrrrible.... I never watch sports center during that time haha