Sprite Slam Dunk Contest

Real Deal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcliW_5OZOk

would have won this dunk contest

Yeah but if someone had done that same dunk, everyone would have been like oh he copied. The reason for the decline of the dunk contest is because of the fact that so many dunks have already been done. Its getting harder and harder for people to come up with new great dunks that why we are seeing more and more props being used. imo it was a good dunk contest.

Shitty contest. Bud or George should have won. Budinger actually lost by 1%.

That's embarrassing, I'd love to hear your argument on how Budinger should have won, he had arguably 3 of the top 5 weakest dunks of the whole contest...

That's embarrassing, I'd love to hear your argument on how Budinger should have won, he had arguably 3 of the top 5 weakest dunks of the whole contest...

Eh his first and third dunks were okay. Evans had one great dunk and two extremely bland dunks, and Derrick Williams was out for missing 139863946 attempts on his third. So it was down to Bud and George for me, probably George if we could have actually seen his 2nd dunk.

• Owner

The only impressive dunk was the two-ball, dunking both at the same time and clearing someone in a chair is impressive.

I'm sick of dudes jumping over other guys and pushing off to get to the rim. No push-off of Kevin Hart, but Hart is actually what...five feet tall? George could probably swing his leg over Kevin's head, standing in front of him.

I believe it was Shaq that said the superstars need to step up and participate. It was a bad thing for him to say, but the truth is, nobody wants to see these guys throw down in-game dunks that I could see watching an NBA game OR the Sprite Amateur Dunk Contest.

• Like 2

Eh his first and third dunks were okay. Evans had one great dunk and two extremely bland dunks, and Derrick Williams was out for missing 139863946 attempts on his third. So it was down to Bud and George for me, probably George if we could have actually seen his 2nd dunk.

all 3 of Bud's dunks were extremely bland lol Evans 2nd dunk alone was better than all bud did combined

The only impressive dunk was the two-ball, dunking both at the same time and clearing someone in a chair is impressive.

I'm sick of dudes jumping over other guys and pushing off to get to the rim. No push-off of Kevin Hart, but Hart is actually what...five feet tall? George could probably swing his leg over Kevin's head, standing in front of him.

I believe it was Shaq that said the superstars need to step up and participate. It was a bad thing for him to say, but the truth is, nobody wants to see these guys throw down in-game dunks that I could see watching an NBA game OR the Sprite Amateur Dunk Contest.

The stars won't ever participate, sadly. It's not worth getting hurt. And their teams would probably not even let them.

The only dunk that even looked nice was George's glow in the dark dunk.....it just looked cool. Every dunk was terrible, nothing amazing. I mean, yea dunking two balls is cool, but its just a gimmick. I want to see just straight up nasty dunks.

We already seen VC dunk, we haven't seen the two ball dunk that Evans did. I mean he basically won because of that dunk. Everything else were weak.

Edited by Hayes1

Worst contest ever. The only dunk that impressed me was Paul George's glow in the dark, reverse 360 windmill dunk. Even though VC did it before, that is still a very aesthetically pleasing, difficult dunk. The other dunks were plain awful and unimpressive.

The corny theatrics is what pisses me off.

Let's get a bunch of lame dunkers bring them out on motorcycles, let them dunk in the dark, etc.

If Stern cannot get bigger names to step into the contest then he needs to stop with the bs and tell them....

"If you don't WANT to participate then I'm taking it away."