Sprite Slam Dunk Contest

Real Deal

Well all his dunks are going to amplified x2 since he isn't your standard dunker. Pretty pathetic group of dunkers, and I thought this event couldnt get any worse.

Not really..he was in the high school one before and he was pretty awesome in that.

He got [expletive]ed over so badly last year in the dunk contest...I'm sure he's bitter about it, I know I would be.

As for the list this year, that's probably the worst group of participants I've ever seen. [expletive].

No kidding. Demar's first one through the legs was crazy, and then the second dunk was sick too. Just because he plays for the raptors, and not a big fanbase American team,he didn't get the votes. I thought Blakes dunk was the second worst or worst.

I'm hoping somebody on that list can surprise us.

I'm actually surprised Bud is even in this. I never really thought of him as a highlight reel dunker but it will be interesting to watch though. Like many I expect either Shumpert or Williams to win this.

These guys are all actually decent dunkers and it'll be cool because it won't be completely fixed like last year. The new format absolutely sucks though.

I agree with this...it'll probably be more entertaining than most will expect.

I honsetly wouldnt be surprised if this dunk contest is better then the last 2.

This. ^

Wow..no one picked Paul George? He will definitely win it and shock many with some 10/10 dunks.

I was actually thinking the same thing...this looks like a lock for Paul George.

Two rookies? I'm pretty disappointing Demar Derozan isn't in it :(

He said after last year's contest that the only way he would compete again was if it was held in Toronto or if they got rid of the props/gimmicks.

I can already guarantee Shumpert will win the dunk contest because Lin is assisting him. With the final round only based on fan vote, he got this locked up.

There is no final round.

All 4 dunkers get 3 dunks each and then the fans will vote on the winner. There isn't an elimination round, judges or anything like that this season.

There is no final round.

All 4 dunkers get 3 dunks each and then the fans will vote on the winner. There isn't an elimination round, judges or anything like that this season.

Oh okay. Still, I guarantee a Shumpert win.

Shumpert's dunks are pretty dope. Honestly i'm sick of all the gimmick bullshit. Let your dunks speak for themselves man, even casual fans can recognise nice when they see it. Way I see it, no need to go out of your way to appeal to the kids with costumes and extra rim gimmicks.

Gotta say though, I like the new format, every contestant gets to show what they've got, judges now irrelevant.

Not really..he was in the high school one before and he was pretty awesome in that.

Hmmm well I haven't seen any of his high school stuff. Still think he'll have an advantage waking into the contest, kind of like how Nate Robinson was given extra brownie points on dunks because he was so short.

Hmmm well I haven't seen any of his high school stuff. Still think he'll have an advantage waking into the contest, kind of like how Nate Robinson was given extra brownie points on dunks because he was so short.

...because he's...

http://www.gallery.fanserviceftw.com/gallery/_images/6db13de5d405deb6bffee13e1f254564/5192%20-%20animated_gif%20futurama%20narrow_eyes%20phi%20philip_j_fry%20reaction_image%20stare.gif

white?

Iman Shumpert most likely will not participate in the Dunk contest.

Neither will Lin's couch -- Lin's couch won't be in dunk contest:

We’ve been spared having to watch Jeremy Lin’s couch at the dunk contest

(...) there was the news that Knicks guard Iman Shumpert (...) revealed that he was attempting to persuade Lin to aid him in the props department of his performance with the semi-famous couch that Lin slept on before the Knicks guaranteed his contact for the year. The world, collectively, yawned. Or, sick of the story thanks to jerks like me, even treated it as a bit of a relief. Here's Shumpert from the New York Post:

Knicks rookie guard Iman Shumpert, who officially pulled out of the Slam Dunk contest yesterday because of tendinitis in his knee, admitted to The Post he had a "Linsane'' trick up his sleeve. Yes, he and Jeremy Lin had talked about doing a dunk in which Shumpert would vault over a couch — the symbol of Lin's humble sleeping conditions. "He was going to help me out,'' Shumpert told The Post. "Once my knee was so sore, I started thinking about it: 'Am I going to be able to jump over the couch?' All kinds of things to think about.''

Source

Why Griffin Didn’t Defend His Slam Dunk Title:

LA Clippers forward Blake Griffin will play in his second All-Star Game Sunday, as voted in by the fans. He’ll join teammate Chris Paul along with Kobe Bryant, Andrew Bynum and Kevin Durant in the West’s starting lineup. Last year Griffin was all over All-Star Weekend. He played in the rookie/sophomore game, won the Slam Dunk Contest (while jumping over a Kia) and came off the bench in the big game. Blake seemed to be a part of everything, and it took its toll.

“Last year I kind of thought like, All-Star weekend is going to be a lot of fun and just walking around doing whatever but it’s not, it’s hectic,” said Griffin. “I’m ready for that and will kind of manage it a little better this year. We got off a sixteen game road trip, got in at two in the morning and then everything started for me at noon on Thursday and it literally was to midnight every night, up at 8AM,” said Griffin. “I was exhausted and that’s why I kind of toned it back a little bit this year. All-Star Saturday is my one night off and I’m looking forward to spending that with my family and just taking a break,” said Griffin skipping on All-Star Saturday Night.

This time around, (...) , he’ll be doing his best to keep a lower profile throughout. Last season, the Clippers were in the middle of a mini resurgence last season but their schedule leading into the break was brutal. He learned from his experience last year. Great as it was, he decided not to defend his slam-dunk title.

NBA @ 2

Edited by Šhãłïq