2012 NFL Draft Thread

htownborn

I like the Irvin pick for Seattle, despite having Cox on the board then trading out. Irvin's probably only a sub-package and rotational pass-rusher his first two years, but once he gets into an NFL training room and bulks up, and can polish up his pass rushing moves, the Seahawks have a potential 15 sack guy. He ate offensive tackles alive at times. I think worst case scenario you see a career much like Cliff Avril in Detroit. Either way, the WVU product was one of my favourite guys in the entire draft.

Speaking of the Cox trade, Philadelphia got a gem. [expletive] they have a great defensive line. If Brandon Graham can step up like I know he can, the Eagles are damn near dominant when you add Cox. Such a force inside. I wasn't buying the top ten hype during the process. I had watched a bit of film on him and he never flashed fully until later in the year. He's so big but he's football smart and was also productive at left end. His two perfect fits were Seattle and Philadelphia.

Staying in the NFC East, I like the trade ups for all teams not named the Giants. It's clear the arms race is back on in the East and now Washington wants to bring their horses to the track as well. Griffin sets up Washington well, there's no reason to believe he can be a top-ten quarterback and it's legitimate with Shanahan running things for the Redskins. Let's see what they can do with their other picks before I really believe in them for next year, but they gave the process a head start with trading for Griffin.

Count me a fan of the Mercilus pick, our defense just got so much better and we haven't even seen how Sharpton can do as a starter. Great pick, didn't expect him to last all the way to our pick.

I was so excited when DeCastro and Reiff kept dropping but then crushed when both were taken back to back, upset we didn't trade up for either one but I'll live. This second round looks DEEP, loads of trades and reaches in the first round causing good talent to drop. I'd love it if we could move up in the 2nd round for one of Coby Fleener, Cordy Glenn or Rueben Randle. Could always stay where we are and simply take Brian Quick although I'm getting the sense that we're gunning for an offensive linemen this round, which is fine by me because they were dropping like flies in the first round so some good talent in that position left.

Edited by Dash

Glad that the Eagles grabbed Cox.

http://i.imgur.com/iUGph.jpg

...if you know what I mean ;)

Who did the Raiders pick in the first round?

Oh shit, nevermind, we have CARSON PALMER.

Palmer dynasty > draft picks.

Also, someone prank called Mohamed Sanu, pretended to be Marvin Lewis, and told him he was selected by the Bengals when they were on the clock.. really, really mean. :lol:

http://images.memegenerator.net/instances/500x/9092904.jpg