GM1: Miami at Oklahoma City

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I know, I gotcha. I get pissed too with the Knicks. I was basically calling you a front runner because you were saying how much you hate Wade right now...but when he plays well next game you'll love him. :lol:

Well yeah cause I think he literally took 15 jump shots. That's not his game and he knows it... Start taking jump shots once you get in a rhythm. I mean yeah I love Wade, but he needs to do what makes him such a special player. Haha :P

LeBron was 2-6 in the fourth and seemed like he was shying away from the ball at times. He needs to get that killer mentality and take over and show Wade that he is the second option. I can see him getting bashed pretty hard already for his performance in the fourth, but he finally did score over 25 in a Finals game. I think the Heat will take game two, but knowing that Harden didn't play all that well is pretty scary to consider for a Miami fan.

I just feel like Lebron can get to the rim alll the time, I don't know why he doesn't do it. He is strong enough to get a shot off even if they don't call a foul. Wade was running the offense too much in the 4th.

Not that scary actually, he didn't shoot the ball like at all. If he was shooting he would be taking the ball out of durants n westbrooks hands and tonight I could deal with that. Dwade did play great D on westbrook though I must say.

LeBron was 2-6 in the fourth and seemed like he was shying away from the ball at times. He needs to get that killer mentality and take over and show Wade that he is the second option. I can see him getting bashed pretty hard already for his performance in the fourth, but he finally did score over 25 in a Finals game. I think the Heat will take game two, but knowing that Harden didn't play all that well is pretty scary to consider for a Miami fan.

He missed a few shots near the hoop he generally makes. He also literally missed everything pretty much in the 2nd half from 15-20 feet...

LeBron had a mediocre game, I expect him to be much better next game and fully expect Miami to take this next one.

Lebron had a very quiet 30 points, I barely noticed him. He needs to develop that killer instinct and be a ball hog....as much as I hate to say it, he needs to be selfish and not pass the ball unless other people prove they are playing well. At least do it enough so that other people can get open. Wade was doing it, but he was just not playing well at all.

LeBron's fourth quarter was on par with the other 3 quarters in that game... not that it's a good thing (because it's not), but he didn't choke. Now that I got that out of the way, it would be nice to see Wade actually play defense, and Bosh to stop shooting jumpers. He didn't even attempt a shot in the restricted area tonight.

• Owner

LeBron's fourth quarter was on par with the other 3 quarters in that game... not that it's a good thing (because it's not), but he didn't choke.

I wouldn't say that. He had a good second and third quarter, but his first Q (1-5 FG, 4 PTS) and his fourth (2-6 FG, 7 PTS) weren't really good enough. With Durant going ballistic, the Heat were needing the pissed-off, aggressive LeBron that we saw in Game 6/7 vs. Boston...but he wasn't there.

Wade is pretty disappointing, though.

too much bitching about the Heat offense, the real problem was the defense, and the lack of it. OKC started playing defense in the third quarter, got into transition, and outran the Heat. OKC didn't have to play a lot of half court sets in the second half. Miami can't slow them down and probably doesn't want to, because they want to run as well. However, you can't outscore the Thunder, it just won't happen unless the Thunder shoot 30% from the field(which isn't likely, especially when they had no trouble getting to the basket against Miami)

I wouldn't say that. He had a good second and third quarter, but his first Q (1-5 FG, 4 PTS) and his fourth (2-6 FG, 7 PTS) weren't really good enough. With Durant going ballistic, the Heat were needing the pissed-off, aggressive LeBron that we saw in Game 6/7 vs. Boston...but he wasn't there.

Wade is pretty disappointing, though.

Bron was on the right track though, he was attacking the basket rather than settling for jumpers like he did last year in the Finals, tonight they just weren't falling. Personally, I'd put more stock on the front court battle, Bosh was a -16 tonight and lost the rebounding battle to Nick Collison. That's not going to get it done.

• Owner

Bron was on the right track though, he was attacking the basket rather than settling for jumpers like he did last year in the Finals, tonight they just weren't falling. Personally, I'd put more stock on the front court battle, Bosh was a -16 tonight and lost the rebounding battle to Nick Collison. That's not going to get it done.

Chris Bosh is on the Miami Heat?

too much bitching about the Heat offense, the real problem was the defense, and the lack of it. OKC started playing defense in the third quarter, got into transition, and outran the Heat. OKC didn't have to play a lot of half court sets in the second half. Miami can't slow them down and probably doesn't want to, because they want to run as well. However, you can't outscore the Thunder, it just won't happen unless the Thunder shoot 30% from the field(which isn't likely, especially when they had no trouble getting to the basket against Miami)

I don't think you could put more of the blame on the defense, because the offense was absolutely atrocious. Westbrook and Durant outscored the entire Miami team in the second half, there was absolutely no semblance of an NBA offense ran by Spoelstra.

Honestly, the strategy Miami had on defense was fine. Aside from the third quarter when Westbrook was killing them off pick and rolls, I thought their team defense was very solid. They were switching on every pick and roll, players were rotating, and they were causing turnovers with their traps.

• Owner

Durant and Westbrook, by themselves, tore up the Big Three in Miami. Outscored them, threw more assists, and NEARLY outrebounded them.

LeBron/Wade/Bosh: 59 PTS, 18 REB, 12 AST

Durant/Westbrook: 63 PTS, 16 REB, 15 AST

No need for Harden.

The Heat are in trouble.

Said it before the game started, said it during the game, and will say it now Miami (in particular LeBron because wade hasn't shown up for a month) needs to attack the rim. That is who they are LeBron and Wade simply can't shoot beyond 10 feet consistently enough to take 30 jumpers a game. What they can do is drive like trucks to the rim and either finish or force the refs to make a call. They both need to live at the free throw line if they want to win.

I know Miami is thinking that it's only one game but IMO its way more than just one loss. If Miami can't win with Shane and Mario nearly dropping 30 for them then idk what to think, they seriously might just get raped the rest of the way. Miami was fortunate this game was an actual game for the first two and a half quarters.

Durant and Westbrook, by themselves, tore up the Big Three in Miami. Outscored them, threw more assists, and NEARLY outrebounded them.

LeBron/Wade/Bosh: 59 PTS, 18 REB, 12 AST

Durant/Westbrook: 63 PTS, 16 REB, 15 AST

No need for Harden.

The Heat are in trouble.

They're fine.

Durant is about to get locked down the rest of the series if James wants to play him, and Miami will get it going offensively.

Once Bosh starts playing more, it's goodnight sweet prince.

• Owner

They're fine.

Durant is about to get locked down the rest of the series if James wants to play him, and Miami will get it going offensively.

Once Bosh starts playing more, it's goodnight sweet prince.

Durant wasn't having problems with anyone tonight. LeBron started on Perkins because he was preparing for the screens (the switches he would make), which was pretty obvious by Spoelstra. Didn't last long, though, because Durant didn't need the screens. He took anyone and everyone by himself, and that included LeBron James.

KD is unguardable, one-on-one. LeBron admitted it in the presser. He's the best scorer in the NBA, and when you have a player of that caliber on the offensive end, it's rare to find a defender that can stop him. Maybe a defensive scheme, but the Heat don't have a legitimate big man defensive anchor, and they have more to worry about than just Durant, also.

Skip Bayless just said he saw a player (Durant) that will be better than Kobe. Now I didn't watch the game or any highlights, but did he look that good last night?

Durant was great last night but I don't even understand the comment from Bayless. They are two completely different players...

• Owner

Skip Bayless just said he saw a player (Durant) that will be better than Kobe. Now I didn't watch the game or any highlights, but did he look that good last night?

Honestly, he could end up being the leading scorer in NBA history. That doesn't necessarily make him a better overall player than Kobe, but I would go as far as saying he can be the greatest scorer we have ever seen.

Lebron needs to learn that he can get to the rim at will, I don't think he knows this. I feel like telling him to just get to the rim, because those jumpers are not going to fall like they did in Game 6 vs, Boston. Same goes for Wade, they started the season not shooting threes or settling for jumpers, and now they just completely ignored that and started shooting jumpers. I am not worried though. Don't think Durant and Westbrook will combine for a better game this series, and Bosh did nothing too great there. Harden didn't do anything either, but that is because he wasn't needed...OKC missed like 5 shots in the entire 2nd half, and got to the FT line all the time.