GM5: Oklahoma City at Miami

Real Deal

I have a feeling we are getting a bit too cocky, even the fans are getting a bit too cocky. This is going to be the hardest game all year. I have no doubt that we are the better team, but when we lose focus, we get into trouble. I just hope Lebron realizes he is one game away and just goes ape shit.

We have taken all of OKC's punches, their star players have torched us, but they can do nothing else to beat us. No defense for Lebron, Durant is not stepping up to stop our best player, and their low post defense is pretty bad (aside from Ibaka's occasional block)...there is no reason for us to lose this game, only way we lose is to get out hustled, they can only hope to outscore us. Even with their two guys showing up, they can't blow us out, maybe Harden will show up, but I doubt it.

Edited by SRV

I have a feeling we are getting a bit too cocky, even the fans are getting a bit too cocky. This is going to be the hardest game all year. I have no doubt that we are the better team, but when we lose focus, we get into trouble. I just hope Lebron realizes he is one game away and just goes ape shit.

We have taken all of OKC's punches, their star players have torched us, but they can do nothing else to beat us. No defense for Lebron, Durant is not stepping up to stop our best player, and their low post defense is pretty bad (aside from Ibaka's occasional block)...there is no reason for us to lose this game, only way we lose is to get out hustled, they can only hope to outscore us. Even with their two guys showing up, they can't blow us out, maybe Harden will show up, but I doubt it.

There's nothing to worry about. This one is as good as finished.

They won't lose focus. It's the biggest games of these guys careers, they know what's at stake now.

For some reason, I have a weird feeling OKC won't even play well tomorrow night. They showed me nothing these past three games that they are capable of playing a complete game and be good enough to put the Heat away.

You don't even have to watch the first quarter of these games, it's virtually meaningless. NBA basketball is so weird in that sense.

They better win it at home, people are planning parties already, and I sure as hell am gonna go out and enjoy one on a Thursday night with no school the next day..don't want to wait until Sunday for game 6 either, I have a huge test the next day.

If OKC wins game 5 would you still say its over?

Unfortunately, yes. Miami only has to win 1 of 3. If they fail to do that it would be the biggest choke job ever and LeBron would be ridiculed beyond belief... I hope it happens. It just isn't likely at all.

Regardless of what happens tomorrow, I have to change my views.

These playoffs have been a nightmare roller coaster. First, the Pacers take a 2-1 lead and are off to a hot start in game 4 and the end seems near. Then in the next round, Boston wins three in a row and loses a close out game in Boston. Yet they still have the lead in the fourth quarter in Game 7 before losing. Then, the team I had been holding out on, the Spurs, lose 4 straight after winning their first 10 in the playoffs, leaving the team that I had little confidence in, the Thunder, to face the Heat. They manage to win game 1 of the finals, but then proceed top drop three straight.

As I hoped Russell Westbrook could carry his team to a 2-2 tie, I watched another close game go to Miami. Just like that, he's one freaking win away.

I had it in my mind that LeBron would never win a title because I've held onto my feelings for almost two years. I'm fine with him chasing the ring, but I believed he will never win one. After watching these playoffs, it seems inevitable that he will win. What do I do once he does win? I debated that I would stop watching the NBA for awhile, but then I realized I'm the one who has to change.

In order to respect someone, you have to accept them for who they are. I've held onto the past for too long. I've spoken my opinion and argued enough, so now it's time to just move on. Do I like LeBron now? No. Do I want him to come back to Cleveland or have his jersey retired here? No. I am now indifferent. If he wins, then so be it. I'm done rooting against the Heat. Times change and so do people, and I have to accept this.

I've come to realize that my idea of LeBron never winning a title is unattainable. I am a Cleveland sports fan, and this is the first moment where I realize that things most of the times don't go our way. I wasn't present for most of the hard times when things didn't go our way, and I barely remember the Indians failures in the 90's. This is my first moment. The whole Decision and struggling with LeBron. This battle between the fans and LeBron is a no contest. We've shown our disgust, and it's done nothing. In fact, he's about to win a championship.

The reason I considered not watching the NBA again is because everything will now be in the context of LeBron having won a title. During the post-game press conference, what will he say to us, if anything? How will ESPN show Cleveland's reaction? Heck, he's probably winning the MVP of the finals too. And then there's the banner ceremony next season. Then, when he comes back to Cleveland WITH the ring.

It's not worth thinking like that anymore. I'm over it. I am a Cavs fan. I wanted to say this before the game to make things a little easier.

I know we've gone at it plenty in the past because I didn't like your hatred and under-valuing of LeBron as a basketball player, but it took a lot of balls to make this post and get over your vendetta over him. I respect you a lot for this post, good for you.

As for this game, it is really important Miami comes out and chokes OKC out from the get-go. Even though it is almost unfathomable based on the first 4 games to think Miami could lose this series, you have to remember that OKC won 4 in a row against SA, who was fresh off a 20 game win streak. OKC, top to bottom, is younger, more athletic and explosive than Miami, with 2 superstars who can go off for 40-50 any night. They lost 2 games that they could have won if the ball bounced their way in the final minute, and that is without their 3rd best player (an All-Star caliber one at that) doing ANYTHING this series besides the first half of Game 2. If they can win Game 5, they will have the momentum heading back home, where they play much better and have the best homecourt advantage in the entire league. All they need is to win the next two games, and Game 7 will be a complete tossup with the momentum and fan support on their side. Based on their physical advantages and proven ability to be mentally tough and go on post-season win streaks against some of the toughest compeition in the league, it is NOT far-fetched to believe OKC will come back and win this series.

However, I believe Miami will end it tomorrow. This is now the 2nd Finals run they've made together as a unit, and this post-season they've had their backs against the wall and had the mental foritutude to overcome the odds and win. They did it against Indiana down 1-2 and with a big lead hanging over their heads in Game 4 (and without Bosh), they came back from 2-3 down to blowout Boston IN Boston and then win a close Game 7, and took the Game 1 of the Finals whipping on the chin and have racked up 3 straight. LeBron is playing aggressive and all-around out of his mind, Wade and Bosh are making solid conributions, and the role players which struggled and were inconsistent all season are coming up big...guys like Chalmers, Battier, Cole, etc... Unlike OKC, they spent their entire post-season in the Eastern Conference, where defense is at a premium and every game is a grind. This has clearly helped them turn around their late-game struggles and learn how to grind-out close game, never taking their foot off the pedal which completely destroyed them in last year's Finals. LeBron, especially, has learned to be aggressive in close games, and when the best player in the world is making the big plays, the role players follow.

Miami has peaked at the perfect time, and it is all due to Bosh going down in the 2nd round and having their backs against the wall and still grinding out big wins against Indiana and Boston. Those 2 series' could have been what officially completed this team and made them reach their potential, and could be the start of a dynasty.

Unfortunately, yes. Miami only has to win 1 of 3. If they fail to do that it would be the biggest choke job ever and LeBron would be ridiculed beyond belief... I hope it happens. It just isn't likely at all.

I dont think the Heat would win another game at OKC.

• Owner

I think Miami can win another game in OKC, but not Game 7. That would be nuts.

Quite frankly, I would think we'd need to see a huge 40-point game by James (or Bron and Wade combining for 70) if they were to pull off a win in OKC, in Game 7.

I truly get the sense this series will end tonight. I really hope not, not because I picked Miami in 6, or because I'd like to see OKC win the series, but more so from a basketball fan standpoint. After the NBA Finals, there is nothing on in sports for months!

Hoping it ends tonight because I don't wanna go back to OKC at all. Best case I hope Durant and Westbrook try to play hero ball early and they break out of their gameplan. I think at best we win a game with a little less drama than game 4 had. There isn't going to be any blowout tonight.

I think Haslem gives us a good game tonight. He's due to break out and get us a double double.

The thing with this series, is that there is no certain advantage to any team, every game comes down to the last few seconds. We could have won with a sweep, could have lost with a sweep, the situation could be flipped where we are down 3-1 instead of up 3-1. No idea what will happen tonight, but no doubt in my mind that a loss here would be disastrous for us. I don't think we fear playing in OKC, I just don't want OKC to figure things out in time to turn it around against us. They are dead meat right now, all they can do is hope Durant and Westbrook score even more than they have already, and we have been able to withstand that anyway.

The crowd tonight will be crazy and I just hope for a win tonight. I think we will get it done.

Edited by SRV