GM5: Oklahoma City at Miami

Real Deal

Hell of a performance by LeBron. ESPN says he shot 14-26 from three, 121 PTS, 41 REB, 25 AST, 8 STL, 7 BLK.

http://balljunkie.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/lebron-laughing-thumb-400xauto-13499.jpg

Anyways, I'm not sure if your comment was serious with ESPN messing up the statline on a ticker or something, or if you're just saying that they are all over LeBron.

If it's the latter, you just seem bitter or annoyed. He deserves all of the props in the world. He did the most for his team out of any player on it, BY FAR! Yes, the role players stepped up, but they were able to step up because James put them in a position to succeed, just like Mike Miller said during the game.

I'm guessing Jordan and Bryant did everything on their own though?

Edited by EastCoastNiner

Give LeBron time, he currently won a ring the same time as Jordan did at the same age, we can't say anything yet, if he wins 6 rings then we can obviously debate it.

Compare the amount of seasons in the league, you know that age is a biased stat. Kobe had 3 before LeBron got one if you use age as your determinant.

• Owner

http://balljunkie.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/lebron-laughing-thumb-400xauto-13499.jpg

Anyways, I'm not sure if your comment was serious with ESPN messing up the statline on a ticker or something, or if you're just saying that they are all over LeBron.

If it's the latter, you just seem bitter or annoyed. He deserves all of the props in the world. He did the most for his team out of any player on it, BY FAR! Yes, the role players stepped up, but they were able to step up because James put them in a position to succeed, just like Mike Miller said during the game.

I'm guessing Jordan and Bryant did everything on their own though?

Hardly bitter. I really don't care. People were foolish to think he would go without winning at least one ring, once he joined Wade and Bosh in Miami.

Only three times have I been pissed at someone winning a ring: Boston in 2008, Miami in 2006, and Detroit in 2004.

I've been giving LeBron props most of the year, actually...especially on the Lakers site I run (TLN). Wade was his Robin, Bosh was Alfred, yeah, yeah.

Jon Barry just stated that LeBron is on the level of Michael Jordan. Magic said he wasn't there yet, but is on his way to become the greatest player of all time.

I don't care who you are, don't care what team or player you root for, don't care what legend you hate...those two statements are ridiculous. Jordan had 3-4 Finals performances that blow LeBron's out of the water. Magic had one, Bird had one, Shaq put up 38/17 and it crushes LeBron's. Kobe had a big one against Orlando, may not have been as big, numbers-wise, but it was close. Zeke had one during his two-peat with the Pistons (28/5/7). Hakeem put up 33/12/6 in one of his Finals series.

I've been through every MJ championship, every Kobe ring, every championship since the late 80's. Jordan, Kobe, Shaq, Duncan, Hakeem, Wade, Dirk...none of them received as much credit as LeBron is getting right now. Jordan was close, in his first three-peat, when he averaged his 41/9/6 against my favorite team at the time (the Suns), but Pippen and Rodman were given a lot of credit during the second run, especially since Jordan was shooting 45% or less in those three (struggled in three games vs. Seattle, four vs. Utah in 1998).

I know it's the IT thing to do right now, to roll with the punches and turn LeBron into The King...but come on, as great of a player as he was in this series and all season long, you don't say some of this stuff YET.

Hardly bitter. I really don't care. People were foolish to think he would go without winning at least one ring, once he joined Wade and Bosh in Miami.

Only three times have I been pissed at someone winning a ring: Boston in 2008, Miami in 2006, and Detroit in 2004.

I've been giving LeBron props most of the year, actually...especially on the Lakers site I run (TLN). Wade was his Robin, Bosh was Alfred, yeah, yeah.

Jon Barry just stated that LeBron is on the level of Michael Jordan. Magic said he wasn't there yet, but is on his way to become the greatest player of all time.

I don't care who you are, don't care what team or player you root for, don't care what legend you hate...those two statements are ridiculous. Jordan had 3-4 Finals performances that blow LeBron's out of the water. Magic had one, Bird had one, Shaq put up 38/17 and it crushes LeBron's. Kobe had a big one against Orlando, may not have been as big, numbers-wise, but it was close. Zeke had one during his two-peat with the Pistons (28/5/7). Hakeem put up 33/12/6 in one of his Finals series.

I've been through every MJ championship, every Kobe ring, every championship since the late 80's. Jordan, Kobe, Shaq, Duncan, Hakeem, Wade, Dirk...none of them received as much credit as LeBron is getting right now. Jordan was close, in his first three-peat, when he averaged his 41/9/6 against my favorite team at the time (the Suns), but Pippen and Rodman were given a lot of credit during the second run, especially since Jordan was shooting 45% or less in those three (struggled in three games vs. Seattle, four vs. Utah in 1998).

I know it's the IT thing to do right now, to roll with the punches and turn LeBron into The King...but come on, as great of a player as he was in this series and all season long, you don't say some of this stuff YET.

31 ppg, 9.7 rpg, and about 5.5 apg.

Definitely deserves all the credit, dude was consistent in the entire playoffs and always showed up when it mattered most, had a few high 40 point games, and had to carry the Heat countless times because nobody else would show up, all those numbers you showed pretty much puts LeBron at a very elite level.

Had 45 points, 15 rebounds, 5 assists in Game 6 vs the Celtics, and had 40 points, 18 rebounds, 9 assists in a game vs the Pacers, those statlines are out of this world.

Also people seem to be forgetting that this Heat team isn't the greatest offensively, averaged 96 ppg for the entire playoffs.

People need to stop doubting LeBron, he is gonna keep breaking records, getting accomplishments, adding rings, finals mvps. For how talented he is, you can't say that he ISNT going to do something, its foolish, he could be better than Jordan if he keeps doing what he is doing.

Edited by YugoRocketsFan

Let's see some consistency first. He's had a damn good playoffs this year, but years past he was labeled as a "choker" or underperformer. If his dominance continues and he wins a FEW more rings then we can talk about MJ..... Until then, he shouldn't even be compared to Kobe IMO.

• Like 3

Can't believe we got it done like that! I'll try and post some pics tomorrow but holy shit, the Big 3 and Miller were epic tonight. So happy for LeBron though, he deserved it and to finish off one of the GOAT post seasons ever with a triple double is just unreal. Lord willing this is the first of a few rings but LeBron is probably legit top 5-10 all time now and this probably solidifies Wade as the third best SG of all time. He was brilliant in his role this series.

Real happy for Bosh too. For all the shit he gets about being "soft" and how he looks, he was the x-factor this seres with his rebounding against a bigger, more athletic and more physical front line.

• Owner

Not all the credit but he had to have some very impressive games because his team wouldn't show up half the time.

I'm not discrediting LeBron. I'm also not on my knees, facing his direction.

James had a top 10 Finals series, if you don't count anything before the 1980's (because a lot of those numbers are inflated). A top 10 Finals series doesn't place him on the same level as Jordan, Magic, Bird, Kobe, Shaq, Wilt, Kareem, Duncan...it just makes it easier for him to reach that goal someday. Nobody has forgotten the egg he laid against the Mavericks last year. What if LeBron and the Heat drop the ball and lose to Chicago in the ECF next season, or get smoked by a Thunder team that acquires someone like Iguodala for Harden (not going to happen, but still)? Will people still use this Finals series to say he should be up there with Jordan?

This is everyone's problem. Fans can't look at a player, over an extended amount of time in their career, and make a judgment based on both how they play AND who they are playing with or against. They are too influenced by the media, or are desperately looking for the next Jordan (Kobe), or the next Kobe (Durant), or the next Magic (LeBron), the next Bird (Dirk), the next Hakeem (as of today, Anthony Davis). When the players fail, they absolutely suck...and when they win, they are suddenly basketball gods.

James has one ring. The help he got tonight, and in maybe 3-4 games of this series, was similar to what he was getting in Cleveland...the perimeter shooters catering to his game, knocking down shots, and guys like Battier and Chalmers playing defense (like you saw with Varejao and West, who were completely forgotten on the defensive end, for some reason). Add Wade and Bosh, and for sure, LeBron is going to win something someday because, as bad as Wade played every now and then, teams could not ignore him or Bosh like they could Mo Williams and JJ Hickson.

LeBron went to Miami for help. You're now saying he didn't have it? You remove Bosh from the equation, and the Celtics win the ECF in six games, and I would put this entire site on it.

• Owner

If it was all about an NBA Finals series...

LeBron, 2012: 28.6 PPG, 10.2 RPG, 7.4 APG, 4.0 TO, 1.6 STL, 0.4 BLK

Kobe, 2009: 32.4 PPG, 5.6 RPG, 7.4 APG, 3.2 TO, 1.4 STL, 1.4 BLK

So let's not go overboard here.

What player doesn't get help to win a ring though? In 09 Kobe didn't have a good game 7, he got a ton of help from his role players. LBJ was unbelievable all playoffs. He broke his own record of consecutive 25+ point games in the playoffs IIRC. His consistency is something that needs to be acknowledged.

Also, shouts to our [expletive]ing crowd tonight. I know my row/section hardly sat all game. I have no voice right now and it was totally worth it. I'm seeing Breen and Van Gundy acknowledge the crowd but for all the shit we get..that place was [expletive]in live tonight.

Edited by Flash

What player doesn't get help to win a ring though? In 09 Kobe didn't have a good game 7, he got a ton of help from his role players. LBJ was unbelievable all playoffs. He broke his own record of consecutive 25+ point games in the playoffs IIRC. His consistency is something that needs to be acknowledged.

Also, shouts to our [expletive]ing crowd tonight. I know my row/section hardly sat all game. I have no voice right now and it was totally worth it. I'm seeing Breen and Van Gundy acknowledge the crowd but for all the shit we get..that place was [expletive]in live tonight.

Just curious, how much were tickets for the game? And where did you sit? I'm sure it was a lot of fun

Yessssss. So happy for this team, and the city was just absolutely crazy last night. We easily played the most balanced game since this team was put together, the threes were flying tonight and Mike Miller could not be stopped. This is what this team is capable of, and I am glad I saw it in action in the biggest stage.

Also, tickets for the game are ridiculous. About $200 per ticket just for standing room up in the nose bleeds, I saw some tickets up to $300 for nosebleed and above $50,000 for court side...I know that last year, my ECF tickets were in the ball park of $750 per ticket at the very last row of the 100 section, so finals tickets are probably more.

Edited by SRV

Just curious, how much were tickets for the game? And where did you sit? I'm sure it was a lot of fun

We could've gotten 4 stacks for both seats last night. I'll post a pic today.