2012 NYK Offseason Thread

Offseason going great so far, I'd love to make a trade to get us into the first round, deep draft, we've done good in the draft to add solid role players...

We should honestly trade Landry for a pick if we can, save us money to throw at FA if nothing else

Offseason going great so far, I'd love to make a trade to get us into the first round, deep draft, we've done good in the draft to add solid role players...

Yeah...I agree. I think if we could make a deal to get into the late first round, that'd be awesome.

We should honestly trade Landry for a pick if we can, save us money to throw at FA if nothing else

That'd be great...but it'd obviously be for a second rounder. Don't believe a team is stupid enough to acquire him for a #1.

Fields is a major problem on this team. He's an average defensive player (somewhat slow for the 2 position, although he does have size), and he's just an awful shooter and foul shooter. He's really probably one of the worst starting two guard's in the NBA. Lol.

I like the guy, cool personality, and classy guy who will play hard but he just isn't a very good basketball player. Off the bench he could add some size and depth, but as a starter, it's a major problem IMO.

Can't believe Amar'e took the time to DM that fan and say that, lol.

I don't even blame Amar'e cuz [expletive]as be coming at him from all different angles.

But at the same time, it's like dude, you must get 100's of those a week man, chill

Two lesser names I think would fit perfectly on this team: Rashard Lewis and Randy Foye. Reggie Evans interests me too.

Evans would be terrific. Knicks need someone with some weight/strength down low who can rebound. Foye would also be awesome at the 2. He'd definitely start. I'll pass on Lewis though. That guy is a loser

I know it's a few days past the draft but I haven't been on in about two days. I am livid we passed on Darius Johnson Odom. I really am. I know this guy from Greece doesn't add to our salary cap situation for now, and supposedly he has some potential, but I just really am a fan of drafting a guy in the 2nd round who can come in and possibly contribute right away off the bench. You look at a guy like Landry Fields, and I see a lot of that type of scrappy, 4 year college vet in Darius Johnson Odom. I thought he would've been a terrific guard off the bench behind Lin/Fields/Smith/Shumpert etc. this year for 10-15 MPG even.

J-O is tiny and can't shoot tho. I don't see the fit, he was pretty far down my round 2 picks.

Which reminds me, did anyone grab Buford for summer league yet? Would like to give him a tryout.

Rashard can rest Amar'e at the 4 and hits the corner 3, I think he'd. be great in that role. Shawne style.

Supposedly the Knicks just finished their face to face with Mr. Nash and we are in his (temporary) top 2. S&T including Fields (who Phoenix is high on) and one to two others would allow us to go up to ~$10M for him.

Supposedly the Knicks just finished their face to face with Mr. Nash and we are in his (temporary) top 2. S&T including Fields (who Phoenix is high on) and one to two others would allow us to go up to ~$10M for him.

Knicks offer to Suns for Steve Nash sign-and-trade is Landry Fields, Toney Douglas, Dan Gadzuric & Jerome Jordan

New York Knicks Phoenix Suns

Sunday, July 1, 2012 - 10:38pm

Share on email Share on print

The New York Knicks met with free agent Steve Nash on Sunday and presented their offer. In an effort to bump the two-time MVP's salary to something comparable to the Raptors $36 million offer on the table, the Knicks are prepared to offer the Suns assets in return for a sign-and-trade transaction. The players that would go to Phoenix are Landry Fields, Toney Douglas, Dan Gadzuric, Jerome Jordan and $3 million in cash. Keep in mind, if Nash decides on signing with the Knicks, the Suns would lose him for nothing. Using a sign-and-trade, the Suns would receive Landry Fields, cash, and non-guaranteed contracts.

Source

Just hope we don't give up Lin-Shump-Melo-Stat-Chandler, anything else is fine by me, I'd even entertain giving up Stat..in the right deal

Lol. If the Suns took that deal that's hilarious. That's a terrible offer, but we have nothing to give. Shumpert's stock is at an all time low right now with the knee injury. trading him for a 38 yr old nash would be an awful move imo. love nash, one of my all time favorites, but not worth giving up shump. The s&t just seems like such a reach to me.

and johnson-odom has a pretty good mid range game actually, but enough talk about him, chances are he won't be a good nba player (and wont get a realistic shot at Mins anyway) so no point in talking abt someone in 2nd rd we didn't take

why would nyk want grant hill? i don't really see his fit

Edited by JYD

Dude, if these teams want to poison pill Lin.. let them. He's played in a handful of midseason basketball games, and they want to throw crazy backloaded money at him? Have fun paying that if he doesn't pan out.

Why wouldn't we want Grant?

Suns get nothing or some players they can use in a rebuild.. Jordan has upside, Fields would flourish there, etc.

Lol. Jerome Jordan has basically zero upside...and Landry Fields will flourish no where. 30% from the 3 pt range, and 59% from the foul line as a 2 guard? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Grant Hill is like 40, and what role does he even play if we Melo/Fields/Smith/Novak/Jeffries

Dude, if these teams want to poison pill Lin.. let them. He's played in a handful of midseason basketball games, and they want to throw crazy backloaded money at him? Have fun paying that if he doesn't pan out.

Man...you know, if Lin didn't sign and Nash didn't either, and with Shumpert on the shelf, the Knicks will be really brutal to watch next year.

Lol. Jerome Jordan has basically zero upside...

Why? He's a legit 7 footer with a post game.. were you able to tell he had no upside in the 2 minutes of garbage time he got in like four games last year? Come on, son!

and Landry Fields will flourish no where. 30% from the 3 pt range, and 59% from the foul line as a 2 guard? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

How [expletive]ing good was Landry when he had lanes to cut and slash through? Aka before Melo arrived? He needs space to be effective, which he'd have in Phoenix with a gutted roster.. here? Not so much.

Grant Hill is like 40, and what role does he even play if we Melo/Fields/Smith/Novak/Jeffries

Smith and Novak aren't guarantees, and Hill plays as good of defense as Jeffries with a competent offensive game and a veteran savvy.