2012 NYK Offseason Thread

I think Isola is tied with Berman as my least favorite Knicks beat guy, other than when he destroys Dolan.

Why? for the most part he tells it like it is. Very knowledgeable IMO too.

I don't even read Berman of the Post's stuff...I don't read the NY Post at all though lol

Edited by JYD

HoopsHype

The New York Knicks have signed forward Christopher Copeland, agent John Spencer told HoopsHype. The former Colorado player averaged 21.8 ppg and 5.5 in the Belgian League for Generali Okapi Aalstar last season.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UT9sLwsrCPI

• 1 month later...

Baron Davis Hoping to Return this Season

Over the weekend, Baron Davis hosted his 3rd Annual Kickball Game to benefit the Rising Stars of America. While Davis, a free agent of the New York Knicks, is currently recovering from a significant knee injury, he looked trim and healthy considering how badly he was hurt.

“I’m feeling good, getting there,” Davis said on Sunday. “A lot of rehab. A lot of rehab. My summer is just consisting of rehabbing, focusing in on this foundation and these kids and doing as much good as I possibly can with my time off.”

A source close to Davis said he intends to return to the league this season. Given he tore the ACL and MCL of his right knee back in May, a recovery any time sooner than a full year may be a stretch but Davis is committed to getting back in the league. It just might take another season for that to happen. The Rising Stars of America helps provide mentors, resources and support for children’s athletics and education.

“It’s great to be able to do something like this and bring people together, especially people that I’ve known for a long time and grown up with,” said Davis. “To come together for a great cause, to benefit kids throughout the greater Los Angeles community, it’s really a testament to all of the people here: All of the volunteers and people who sponsored the event. It’s just another great day for the community to get together and do something good.”

Davis called on a long list of friends including NBA colleagues DeAndre Jordan, Nick Young, Dorell Wright, J.R. Smith, Matt Barnes, Chase Budinger, DeMar DeRozan, Amir Johnson, Craig Smith, Corey Maggette, Tayshaun Prince, Austin Daye, Trevor Ariza and Kenneth Faried.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/baron-davis-hoping-to-return-this-season/

Ewing Athletics relaunching

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2012/0828/play_e_ewing2_600.jpg

The Ewing Athletics brand will hit New York stores Friday and then roll out nationally after that.

Patrick Ewing is readying for a comeback -- or at least his shoes are. The former New York Knicks center is relaunching his shoe company, Ewing Athletics, later this week.

"Over the years, I've had a lot of people ask me when they'd see me at appearances of when I was coaching, if I was ever bringing the shoes back," Ewing said Tuesday. "I just didn't feel comfortable doing it."

But after meeting Dave Goldberg, a Ewing shoe collector and investor, and talking the idea over with his longtime agent, David Falk, Ewing was convinced it was time. The brand will hit retail stores in New York on Friday and subsequently roll out in 33 stores nationwide before hitting Europe for the holiday season.

Full Story

• 2 weeks later...

frank isola is right isiah has always been with the knicks this entire time anyway ^

ronnie brewer had knee surgery and will miss the next 4-6 weeks. should be back around the beginning of the season, if not for opening night.

• 2 weeks later...

J.R. Smith says he would prefer to start for Knicks

J.R. Smith may get his wish, but not for a full season. Smith has been one of the best sixth men in the NBA for years — he comes off the bench, can score, picks up the defensive intensity. He can be a gunner, he can be erratic, but the energy can’t be questioned. And he’s expected to play that role for the Knicks once Iman Shumpert return. But what Smith really wants to do is start. That’s what he told Jared Zwerling.

“I would prefer to start. I would rather be a starter,” he said. “My goal was to come in here and be a starter, and play with those other four guys on the floor. It is frustrating after a while that people see me as a sixth man, sixth man, sixth man, when you believe you’re a starter. But at the same time, you have to understand this is a team game and you have to put individual goals aside.”

Source