The Random Thread v2

Real Deal

watched johnny Flynns first nbl game with the melbourne tigers last night. (we get pretty excited if an ex nba player comes into our league :lol: ) he had a pretty poor shooting game but had a nice finish. think he was close to a triple double 10+ points with 7/8 i think reb/assists. once he gets used to the style of our play he'll dominate not like thats saying much but still :lol:

watched johnny Flynns first nbl game with the melbourne tigers last night. (we get pretty excited if an ex nba player comes into our league :lol: ) he had a pretty poor shooting game but had a nice finish. think he was close to a triple double 10+ points with 7/8 i think reb/assists. once he gets used to the style of our play he'll dominate not like thats saying much but still :lol:

I wondered what happened to Johnny Flynn. What other former NBA players play over there?

Some weird ass people in Miami....went out to Coral Gables last night for dinner with my family, and there was some guy outside the restaurant with a giant suitcase, a ripped shirt, and some dirty looking beard just asking everyone if they wanted their shoes shined. Nothing wrong with that, but his appearance alone made him look extremely shady. He asked me if I wanted my shoes shined, and I was wearing converse....that alone made me suspicious lol

Edited by SRV

Some weird ass people in Miami....went out to Coral Gables last night for dinner with my family, and there was some guy outside the restaurant with a giant suitcase, a ripped shirt, and some dirty looking beard just asking everyone if they wanted their shoes shined. Nothing wrong with that, but his appearance alone made him look extremely shady. He asked me if I wanted my shoes shined, and I was wearing converse....that alone made me suspicious lol

Maybe he wanted to shine a little somethin else. Lol.

Thats not too bad, you still got half of the statue of liberty. Dunno why everyones trippin.

:lol: I like your concept, it's like: 'Hey, don't panic, the glass is kinda half full'. Reminds me of:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-0G4f0eO8LRI/TwGCTdTP8cI/AAAAAAAAACw/Ew-mMYbvDMk/s1600/iea_glass_half_full_640.jpg

Edited by Sħãlïq

Not too long ago a friend of mine said:

"Don't even try to be friends with those handful of guys, don't bother arguing. I understand you have good intentions, but you know how they're going to treat you, regardless. You helped one of the guys find a link the other day (in the Random thread), and to be truthful, I don't know why. Doubt they would return the favor."

I told him: "I helped Nashty find that link because OTR is like my family, man."

I sure didn't do it 'cause I was expecting 'they would return the favor'. I don't expect any of that. Maybe that's why I don't ask for favors. What I didn't expect though (especially after I helped him find the link) was Nashty suddenly falling to a level so low and immature:

Your knowledge <<<<<< My 8 year old sister

You're so damn clueless Shaliz.

-The level and maturity of debate needs to improve in a major way. This, to me, is public enemy #1. We are supposed to be the most knowledgeable group around, but can't get through a politics debate without calling one another "welfare check collecting sheep" or throwing around "you're a dumb noob lololol" in a football discussion. It's been that way for a while now, most of the time I've been here actually. If someone disagrees with a user on a topic, they take offense and the insults start rolling through. I think everyone (myself included) is guilty of this, but it's holding everyone back. Hell, look at the Packers/Seahawks game. I posted that I felt it was a reasonable call in real-time, posted my reasoning and gave a detailed explanation why I felt that way, and told everyone else involved that I respected their opinion if they disagreed -- they had a point to disagree. But I was met with "you're a [expletive]ing idiot". Same with the Sean Taylor debate -- I gave a detailed explanation of my opinion, and was told that I was a [expletive]ing idiot. It's immature and unproductive conversation (....)

Edited by Sħãlïq

Not too long ago a friend of mine said:

"Don't even try to be friends with those handful of guys, don't bother arguing. I understand you have good intentions, but you know how they're going to treat you, regardless. You helped one of the guys find a link the other day (in the Random thread), and to be truthful, I don't know why. Doubt they would return the favor."

I told him: "I helped Nashty find that link because OTR is like my family, man."

I sure didn't do it 'cause I was expecting 'they would return the favor'. I don't expect any of that. Maybe that's why I don't ask for favors.

http://i1146.photobucket.com/albums/o521/LupusYB/images.jpg

Why the hell do you keep quoting old posts that are from other topics?

Obviously to show I'm not the only one who feels that way.

And by the way, both of iMan's quotes I used are from your topic in the sugestions subforum.

You really shouldn't focus on that though. You're taking the attention away from the real issue.

Edited by Sħãlïq

Obviously to show I'm not the only one who feels that way. I quote posts that I agree with. And both of iMan's quotes are from your topic in the sugestions subforum.

You really shouldn't focus on that though. You're taking the attention away from the real issue.

Your posts are so formulaic. You either copy/paste something someone else wrote on another board and act like it is your original thought pertaining to the subject, quote some random ass old post, or post an unfunny image

Edited by Lkr
  • Like 1