DNC

NomarFachix

If Obamacare was such a huge success the why not mention it in your speech? Why no mention of the stimulus? I just don't understand.

Fact: no President has won re-election with unemployment over 7.4%.

You're right, we can sit here and discuss this all day because both sides have differing views. I'm honestly just waiting for the debates already because that's where this thing is going to be decided.

He did mention Health Care Reform in his speech. He didn't call it 'Obamacare' if that was the key word you were looking for, but he did mention that baby in Arizona who can get health care coverage for a bad heart because there's no more caps allowed by insurance companies.

"You're the reason there's a little girl with a heart

disorder in Phoenix who'll get the surgery she needs because an

insurance company can't limit her coverage."

The debates will be fun, that's for sure. I think the first one is in October but I don't remember.

First off I wish I could +1 the above post, off my phone.

And second off all I think ppl are not feeling Obamas speech that much because he didnt speak on many important issues or attack Romney as much as expected. But he really didn't have to as Clinton talked a ton about the last two/three years doings and plolicies, Biden did the attacking on Romney and crew, so there really wasnt any use for Obama to add or contribute to those so he did his part and talked about moving forward. And btw I liked the few jokes he did crack towards the Republicans, that was very well done lol.

Edited by ChosenOne

First off I wish I could +1 the above post, off my phone.

And second off all I think ppl are not feeling Obamas speech that much because he didnt speak on many important issues or attack Romney as much as expected. But he really didn't have to as Clinton talked a ton about the last two/three years doings and plolicies, Biden did the attacking on Romney and crew, so there really wasnt any use for Obama to add or contribute to those so he did his part and talked about moving forward. And btw I liked the few jokes he did crack towards the Republicans, that was very well done lol.

Bill Clinton isn't running for President though. We didn't need to hear that from Clinton, people needed to hear the President defend his record which he really didn't do.

That's the problem with such a terrific speech from Clinton, one of the GOAT politicians. At first it seems like such a great idea but then once it completely out shined Obama's it creates a problem. I don't think that's what the Democrats wanted, they had to have a strong close with Obama and they didn't get it according to most in the media (which is a real shocker).

Call me biased, whatever you want but between a speech last night that was generally regarded as below average by Obama's standards and today's job report, things are not looking as good as some of you guys want to believe.

Bill Clinton isn't running for President though. We didn't need to hear that from Clinton, people needed to hear the President defend his record which he really didn't do.

That's the problem with such a terrific speech from Clinton, one of the GOAT politicians. At first it seems like such a great idea but then once it completely out shined Obama's it creates a problem. I don't think that's what the Democrats wanted, they had to have a strong close with Obama and they didn't get it according to most in the media (which is a real shocker).

Call me biased, whatever you want but between a speech last night that was generally regarded as below average by Obama's standards and today's job report, things are not looking as good as some of you guys want to believe.

By no means was his speech below average. And that was the plan the Denocratic party went with, there was no need to for Obama to say certain things. Also you said it your self Clinton is one of the GOAT politicians of all time so there is nothing wrong with him having give an awesome speech it only helps Obamas campaign.

Does anyone actually think Obama is a good president?

Yes, people like iman that can only say "lol" when they are presented with facts because they are too retarded.

I find the people that think Clinton was great to be comical.

So, with Obama being a failure for four years, why exactly does he deserve a second term? Who's he going to blame his failures on for the next four years if he gets elected? He'll continue to blame Bush and the Republican party.

He's been in office for four years.

The Democrats have had control for 2+ years.

He got to push through (illegally in certain cases) everything he pleased.

Yet, he's gotten the country nowhere except worse. Do you liberals not listen to his speeches? He spends half the time blaming the other party. :lol: .

That either proves he sucks (which he does), or that he has terrible leadership skills when his OWN party doesn't think he's a good leader

Edited by EastCoastNiner

Yes, people like iman that can only say "lol" when they are presented with facts because they are too retarded.

Yeah that's why I laugh, because I'm too retarded.. not because your firmly entrenched opinion and elementary debate style are a waste of my time and your comments are baseless and entertaining (because of the aforementioned traits). Not because your posts are huge dumps full of redundant redundancies. Not that.. it's just the retardation. Let me lick my window in peace.

I find the people that think Clinton was great to be comical.

lol, especially from a guy who thought Eastwood was good

He spends half the time blaming the other party.

LOL

Edited by iMan
  • Like 1

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/532399_405509722840725_735643656_n.jpg

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/561251_345831402141891_173416258_n.jpg

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/551673_369131653145199_760627839_n.jpg

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/181853_373428952715469_2006369090_n.jpg

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/423293_326259514099080_1685095387_n.jpg

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/403886_10151294996547796_221722122_n.jpg

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/427831_336987236359641_907376937_n.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/PqxFb.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/hDPul.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/vT7oB.jpg

But the Democrats did them one better. The ‘crats hit on every point you’d expect them to, from “Bin Laden’s dead,” to “you might get sick or something,” to “real Americans don’t got no off shore accounts.” The real kicker, though, was that the Democrats offered a [sort of] clear vision for the future. Even if they only gave us a slightly pumped-up version of Obama’s existing platform, at least it was optimistic. Whether you agree with them or not (and if the polls are correct, most of us don’t), at least the DNC laid out a positive set of ideals. And I must admit that I respect the fact that the Democrats are finally coming right out and supporting gay marriage as part of their platform. Also, they had Scarlett Johansson.

So if you ask me, the Democrats win the battle of the bullshit. Not because they bullshitted us more (as far as I’m aware, Paul Ryan’s speech contained more blatant falsehoods than any other that we heard in past two weeks), but because they provided a message that went beyond “the other guy sucks,” even if that message was just as full of fluff as anything else in politics. When all is said and done, the Republicans’ only real message was that Obama doesn’t get me. I already knew that, and I’m fairly certain that Romney doesn’t, either.

http://nationsmith.com/2012/09/07/convention-vs-convention-the-verdict/

Analysis: Clinton shows he is Obama's most valuable weapon

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/09/06/us-usa-campaign-clinton-idUSBRE88508R20120906

John Stewart: Bill Clinton used more facts in 48 minutes than the GOP did in 4 days.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/07/jon-stewart-praises-bill-clinton-dnc-math-video_n_1864045.html?utm_hp_ref=comedy

Republicans, the Post-Truth Party: Why has brazen lying become intrinsic to GOP strategy? Because the party’s actual agenda is so unpopular, so unworkable and so dangerous.

http://www.thenation.com/article/169767/republicans-post-truth-party

Romney endorses Tea Party Rep. Steve King, who believes raped women cannot become pregnant and immigrants are like "dogs"

http://www.thedailydolt.com/2012/09/07/romney-endorses-tea-party-rep-steve-king-who-believes-raped-women-cannot-become-pregnant-and-immigrants-are-like-dogs/

Paul Ryan, “This is the most partisan atmosphere I have ever seen” (forgets he built that)

http://freakoutnation.com/2012/09/07/paul-ryan-this-is-the-most-partisan-atmosphere-i-have-ever-seen-forgets-he-built-that/

Gallup Reports Major DNC 'Bounce' for Obama -- He's Up 7% in 3 Days

The GOP is a joke.

The funniest part about all of this is...they had a better chance of winning this election with (gulp) Ron Paul as their candidate.

Their platform is NOTHING. Obama's part of the speech was spot on when he said...

"They want your vote, but they don’t want you to know their plan. And that’s because all they had to offer is the same prescription they’ve had for the last thirty years:

“Have a surplus? Try a tax cut.”

“Deficit too high? Try another.”

“Feel a cold coming on? Take two tax cuts, roll back some regulations, and call us in the morning.”

Their platform is NOTHING. Obama's part of the speech was spot on when he said...

"They want your vote, but they don’t want you to know their plan. And that’s because all they had to offer is the same prescription they’ve had for the last thirty years:

“Have a surplus? Try a tax cut.”

“Deficit too high? Try another.”

“Feel a cold coming on? Take two tax cuts, roll back some regulations, and call us in the morning.”

What's Obama's plan? Oh, that's right, more of the same, which has been FAILURE!

"Be trillions of dollars in debt? Spend more!"

Edited by EastCoastNiner

What's Obama's plan? Oh, that's right, more of the same, which has been FAILURE!

"Be trillions of dollars in debt? Spend more!"

Balance a budget in the worst recession since the Great Depression? You clearly know NOTHING about economics. :lol:

• Like 1

Balance a budget in the worst recession since the Great Depression? You clearly know NOTHING about economics. :lol:

Are you seriously this [expletive]ing retarded?

So, he's balanced the budget by putting the country TRILLIONS of dollars more in debt? That's balancing the budget?

You know absolutely nothing. You're just a typical leech who doesn't want to work and wants people to pay your way through life.

Explain how he has balanced the budget by putting the country in trillions of dollars of more debt, or how anyone should trust him for four more years after his extreme failure.

Are you seriously this [expletive]ing retarded?

So, he's balanced the budget by putting the country TRILLIONS of dollars more in debt? That's balancing the budget?

You know absolutely nothing. You're just a typical leech who doesn't want to work and wants people to pay your way through life.

Explain how he has balanced the budget by putting the country in trillions of dollars of more debt, or how anyone should trust him for four more years after his extreme failure.

I didn't say he balanced the budget. I said you CAN'T WORRY about BALANCING THE BUDGET in a RECESSION. Basic Economics you [expletive] boy

yeah i don't want to work my way thru life but i'll be attending NC State in the spring lmfao you too funny. i honestly wonder what you do for a living...i come from a family, luckily, that has never had financial issues because my parents work harder than just about anyone i know. don't tell me about work boy

Edited by JYD

I didn't say he balanced the budget. I said you CAN'T WORRY about BALANCING THE BUDGET in a RECESSION. Basic Economics you [expletive] boy

More excuses from the leech.

Again, you never answer the questions. What is Obama going to do? Why should anyone trust him? How many times is he (and you for the matteR) going to continue to blame Bush and the Republican party for his own failures?

Stop beating around the bush.

Edited by EastCoastNiner

More excuses from the leech.

Again, you never answer the questions. What is Obama going to do? Why should anyone trust him? How many times is he (and you for the matteR) going to continue to blame Bush and the Republican party for his own failures?

Stop beating around the bush.

excuses? that's basic economics. FDR didn't balance the budget during the Great Depression.LOL.

i know you don't understand any type of economic philosophy because you have no education whatsoever.

What's Obama going to do? Well, let's see...He's already run in 2008 on the platform of lowering taxes on the middle-class and small businesses. He's done that. He ran on the platform of health care reform...he did that. He ran on ending the war in Iraq...he's done that. He ran on the platform of making his main focus of finding Osama Bin Laden...he did that.

Let's not ignore his successes. Why do you want Obama to fail so badly? Why do you want to try to reach on everything?

Are you a flat out bigot? A racist who can't live with the fact that Barack Obama's, a black man, has intelligence that is far greater than yours?

Or are you a millionaire who can't afford a higher tax rate? I doubt you're a millionaire, actually I know you're not. I know you actually make probably very little money. Ignorance and idiocy only goes so far.

excuses? that's basic economics. FDR didn't balance the budget during the Great Depression.LOL.

i know you don't understand any type of economic philosophy because you have no education whatsoever.

What's Obama going to do? Well, let's see...He's already run in 2008 on the platform of lowering taxes on the middle-class and small businesses. He's done that. He ran on the platform of health care reform...he did that. He ran on ending the war in Iraq...he's done that. He ran on the platform of making his main focus of finding Osama Bin Laden...he did that.

Let's not ignore his successes. Why do you want Obama to fail so badly? Why do you want to try to reach on everything?

Are you a flat out bigot? A racist who can't live with the fact that Barack Obama's, a black man, has intelligence that is far greater than yours?

Or are you a millionaire who can't afford a higher tax rate? I doubt you're a millionaire, actually I know you're not. I know you actually make probably very little money. Ignorance and idiocy only goes so far.

And, your problem is that you're assuming all of the things you listed are POSITIVE things Obama has done, which is not the case.

His "Obamacare" has been extremely controversial. It's going to be tough to ever see it truly come to fruition.

Yes, he has ended the war in Iraq. Good for him on that one. He has yet to still deliver on his promise about Afghanistan.

Good for killing Bin Laden, although that whole situation still seems very sketchy, but good for that.

Do I want Obama to fail? Yes and no. I don't think his policies are good, so in that sense I don't want to see them "work" because I don't think they would benefit the U.S.

I'm not reaching on anything. You're being a sheep half of the time listing stuff that makes absolutely no sense or is felt out false. You're support anything Obama does, and that's your problem.

And, of course you try and play the race card. That's a typical liberal card, and African American card in your case. If someone doesn't like Obama's policies, you point to them as a racist. You really see how "deeply" Democrats are capable of thinking.

And, I make more than you for sure right about now.

Brb, graduated in May.

Brb, in sales.

Brb, on pace for $125k this year.