Second Presidential Debate at 9EST

Lkr

Biased because they aren't pro Mittens?

Romney hasn't been interrupting and talking over the entire debate?

Strong rose colored glasses

Are you a blind and deaf?

Obama was getting far more time than Romney the entire debate. Yes, I agree, Romney and Obama kept going on when she told them to stop talking, yet she tried to stop Romney every time and let Obama roll over her.

And, you can't be serious if you don't think most of those "independents" and their questions weren't libtard questions.

LOL Romney thought he had Obama on the Libya exchange with the 'act of terror' comment

when the moderator calls you out on false statements, you know you're selling a crock of shit

LOL Romney thought he had Obama on the Libya exchange with the 'act of terror' comment

when the moderator calls you out on false statements, you know you're selling a crock of shit

Except, that's not what happened, at all. You need to actually open your your ears.

He called out Obama.

Obama then proceeded to lie about what he actually did.

He looked for help from the moderator.

The moderator tried to correct Romney who was not wrong.

Romney asked her if he was wrong, which he wasn't.

Fat cow couldn't back Obama after Romney corrected her dumb ass.

Libs gon lib.

Romney was 100% correct with his statement.

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/294971_371654016226296_869865328_n.jpg

Edited by EastCoastNiner

• Owner

ECN, you keep asking if everyone else is mad, but your posts in this topic are suggesting it's actually you that's pissed off.

Romney won the first debate, as Obama stayed in first gear most of that night. This second time around, I truly think Obama left Romney in the dust.

Put this on my life...at one point, I honestly think Mitt wanted to tell the truth about a lot of things, but he can't. It's like how a man truly feels about immigrants, yet doesn't want to say it in front of a bunch of illegals...or how he/she feels about guns, but doesn't want to speak in front of hunters (for a living, or for sport).

Romney's questions are loaded because he's the one holding the gun. Obama will give you an answer that you can basically verify by looking at the last four years and his beliefs, even if some of them were attempts (and even if they were failed attempts, you still know what his idea is). Romney can't tell you how he really feels about a lot of these topics, because it would be detrimental to his campaign.

Here it is, in a nutshell: Romney knows he's not going to win this debate if he sticks to his guns (no pun intended). He knows he's going to have to talk sweet every now and then. You even know this, ECN, because I know you're not as big of a hard-ass Conservative as some of the people here in Kansas who STILL think Romney wasn't the right Republican candidate (and that Ryan is going to screw this up).

Obama is going to be hard to defeat. I won't say it'll be Clinton vs. Dole all over again, but I just don't see how Obama can lose this.

Yes, I'm a little annoyed because there are too many sheep that will vote for Obama just because of the way the media portrays him and because this country tends to be very liberal.

You're living down in Kansas where I doubt there are nearly as many liberals as there are here in MA. Yes, we have a Republican governor, but don't let that fool you. This state is extremely liberal, and if you understood the way teachers in this state teach their students and the views that try and instill in them, you'd understand why a lot of people here dislike stuff like that.

I agree to an extent that Romney does not always answer the question directly, but that's often due to him having to correct Obama on his flat out lies that he keeps telling about Romney. When Obama is asked a question, he says one of three things:

1. Bush, the Republicans, yada, yada, yada.

2. It's going to be different this time.

3. Romney is rich. He only likes the "one percent".

When does he ever take responsibility for anything? Honestly.

The questions were not too fair, and the moderator should have never been moderating this debate, when she has said that the Romney/Ryan ticket is a "death ticket".

How about we have Sean Hannity or Rush Limbaugh moderate the next debate. (Slight extreme........).

I honestly do not think Romney lost this debate. He held his own, and I don't think Obama is used to people standing up to him. He continually tried to get help from the moderator (which he did) the entire debate to keep Romney quiet.

At the end of the day, Obama should still be a heavy favorite, and I'm really not sure how much of a role these debates play for those undecided voters.

• Owner

Obama has frequently explained what he plans on doing, when it comes to nearly everything. He makes it very clear, sometimes giving you a "three step process" (just an example) and literally counting each step as he says them.

Mitt will say he has a five-step process, then immediately after, he'll say that he "knows what it takes" to create jobs (this is one of his favorite lines, that he knows what it takes...and then he declines to explain).

If Romney wants my vote, he's going to have to tell me what he means. Attacking Obama isn't going to get it done, and he should have realized that right after the first debate...one that he should have obliterated Obama in, since BO decided to play defense the entire time, but he really didn't do enough.

Romney is going to put all of his chips on Obamacare. At the end of the day, that's really all he can do. In between this debate, and the third (and after that), he will need to continue telling people he will not give tax breaks to the rich...yet, he will be lying. Otherwise, his support from the middle class will dissipate.

And, well, what happens when he opposes Obamacare? He has to tell his plan, and he doesn't necessarily have one. Once he puts it together, he'll have to admit to not allowing pre-existing conditions (like he stated months ago) OR he will have to change his position...and both are going to hurt him.

I mean, man, these are just facts. Obama seems far more prepared to me, but even if he wasn't, what necessarily does he have to prepare for? Questions about Libya? Answering why he added to the debt? Those are the only two things Romney can try and hang him with.

In addition to that...Romney should have never mentioned the gas prices in 2009 (when Obama took office). He opened the door for Obama to discuss the recession, and how gas prices fall before they spike (which is proven)...and, in the process, it gave him the green light to bust Romney's ass by saying that's the only way Romney will be able to drop them again, by initiating another recession.

Those small mistakes will be remembered by voters. It's always going to be nearly impossible to change the way a Dem and Rep vote, but there are a LOT of voters on the fence, and I don't think Mitt can say (or do) enough to gain that support.

What's Obama's three point plan?

1. Blame Bush.

2. Blame the Republican party.

3. Repeat process.

When is he going to take responsibility for anything? You guys will defend him no matter what he does. If this country were to be $40 Trillion in debt in four years, most of you would probably be trying to ratify laws and let Obama have a third term.

Lkr, please go. At least RD can explain why he feels the way he does.

You, on the other hand........nope.

Ecn proves the point that dumb people vote conservative.

Evolutionary psychologist Satoshi Kanazawa at the the London School of Economics and Political Science correlated data on these behaviors with IQ from a large national U.S. sample and found that, on average, people who identified as liberal and atheist had higher IQs.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/02/26/liberals.atheists.sex.intelligence/index.html

Obama: "We've expanded Pell Grants for millions of people. We did it by taking $60 billion that was going to banks and lenders as middlemen for the student loan program, and we said, 'Let's just cut out the middleman. Let's give the money directly to students." Fact check: True.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/10/17/politics/fact-check-student-aid/index.html

Mitt’s “binders full of women” may have been the most offensive answer in the history of American presidential debates.

http://www.nationalmemo.com/mitts-binders-full-of-women-problem/

Politifact: When Mitt Romney was governor of Massachusetts, he "stood in front of a coal plant and pointed at it and said, ‘This plant kills.’" True.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2012/oct/16/barack-obama/obama-says-romney-once-said-coal-burning-plant-kil/

Did Obama have it right on oil production on federal lands? Yes. Politifact says: "From 2009-11, the Obama years, oil production rose two of three years, for a net increase of 10.6 percent."

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2012/apr/13/crossroads-gps/crossroads-gps-ad-oil-production-obama/

Romney lied about the binder too.

http://m.thephoenix.com/boston/blogpost.aspx?id=828852

Romney: "I served as a pastor in my congregation for about 10 years." Why would he say "pastor" when Mormons use the term Bishop?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/ezra-klein/wp/2012/10/16/full-transcript-of-the-second-presidential-debate/

Romney lies about Assault Weapons Ban. Obama calls him out on garnering NRA support. Research confirms Obama claim

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2012/10/16/will-media-fact-check-romneys-assault-weapons-b/190681

• Like 2

He called out Obama.

Obama then proceeded to lie about what he actually did.

He looked for help from the moderator.

The moderator tried to correct Romney who was not wrong.

Romney was 100% correct with his statement.

Romney's quote:

“I think it’s interesting that the president just said something, which is on the day after the attack he went in the Rose Garden and said that this was an act of terror,” Romney replied. “Is that what you’re saying? I want to make sure we get that for the record because it took the president 14 days before he called the attack in Benghazi an act of terror.”

From the transcript of Obama's presser from September 12th, the morning after the attacks:

No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for.

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2012/09/12/transcript-read-president-obamas-remarks-on-american-deaths-in-libya-attack/

Whoops.

• Like 2

Romney got so rattled. He looked like a scolded dog

haha. my grandmother, who isn't even that into politics, and actually supported Romney about 2 months ago, said Romney looked scared of Obama last night lol

+1 to iMan for research and fact checking. the Romney campaign could use you!

• Like 1