Second Presidential Debate at 9EST

Lkr

Very interesting stuff on Gallup. Not sure I agree that Romney now holds a 4 point edge, I think it's probably more even, but still nonetheless interesting poll numbers and breakdown.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/158048/romney-obama-among-likely-voters.aspx

Edit: I think a lot, if not all, those numbers were out before Tuesday's debate which had to better Obama's polling numbers.

Edited by JYD

I hear iman and lkr are both in denial about the latest poll figures.

It doesn't look like your boiiiiii is doing to well in them.

He leads the East, West, and Midwest. Losing in the South. Shocker. Romney is a +22 in the South, which is no surprise as we know he's going to win the South regardless. Obama is +14 everywhere else, which is where the important swing states will end up.

So we're hanging our hats on Romney having a massive, massive (massive) lead in Alabama, Oklahoma, Texas, and Mississippi? Not sure that's going to carry you very far.

Also, as of yesterday, Obama was a +3 in swing states.

He leads the East, West, and Midwest. Losing in the South. Shocker. Romney is a +22 in the South, which is no surprise as we know he's going to win the South regardless. Obama is +14 everywhere else, which is where the important swing states will end up.

So we're hanging our hats on Romney having a massive, massive (massive) lead in Alabama, Oklahoma, Texas, and Mississippi? Not sure that's going to carry you very far.

Also, as of yesterday, Obama was a +3 in swing states.

For what it's worth:

Rasmussen has Romney leading by nine points with men and ten points with independents.

Romney is only four points back with women nationally, and is breaking even with women in the swing states.

I don't put too much stock into these polls, mainly because it really surprises me that Romney has these numbers, as it seems this country is liberal heavy, or at least the media is.

You would think with Obama apparently "winning" the debate, he'd have gained ground, right?

So, if OBama "won" (yes, quotes) the debate, why has Romney surged ahead in most polls?

Lose debate, gain votes. Makes sense to me. :lol: .

From your Rasmussen page:

As a result, roughly two-thirds of the interviews for today’s update were completed before Tuesday night’s presidential debate.

Right, keep using those accurate polls. Romney is surging in those dated polls! Great indicator of the debate!

All leads back to this:

http://news.yahoo.com/-reality--check--please--why-can%E2%80%99t-conservatives-accept-that-romney-lost-a-debate-.html

From your Rasmussen page:

Right, keep using those accurate polls. Romney is surging in those dated polls! Great indicator of the debate!

All leads back to this:

http://news.yahoo.com/-reality--check--please--why-can%E2%80%99t-conservatives-accept-that-romney-lost-a-debate-.html

I’d be greatly bummed by a Romney presidency, largely because I fear his administration’s policies would make life even harder for Americans clinging to the bottom links of our economic food chain.

Strong source.

Inb4postingCNNasyournormalsource

Edited by EastCoastNiner

Strong source.

Inb4postingCNNasyournormalsource

I actually find CNN to be rather moderate. Fox News obviously has an agenda and bias, just as much as MSNBC does for the other side.

I find myself unable to watch Fox without getting frustrated, and watching MSNBC knowing that it, as well, is entirely too one sided.

CNN seems to have a nice balance. They'll generally bring in a Conservative analyst and a Liberal analyst and have a real discussion.

Fox News, they'll sometimes bring on a liberal, but they won't let them get a word in. Hannity, for example, will simply start to yell over them until the Conservative analyst begins to speak.

• Owner

Fox News should be booted from the TV, and MSNBC is getting bad at bashing Romney...not as bad as the grudge that Fox holds against Dems, but the gap is closing. MSNBC has a couple of shows that make me want to cringe.

For politics, CNN is my channel. I will flip between the others, though, if there's breaking news about a current event.

Fox News should be booted from the TV, and MSNBC is getting bad at bashing Romney...not as bad as the grudge that Fox holds against Dems, but the gap is closing. MSNBC has a couple of shows that make me want to cringe.

For politics, CNN is my channel. I will flip between the others, though, if there's breaking news about a current event.

Pretty much.

The one thing I'll say about MSNBC is that they admit a clear bias. At least in what I've seen. Hell, they run commercials, on their own station, promoting themselves and a liberal agenda. They use that "Lean Forward" slogan, similar to Obama's campaign slogan.

If they ADMIT to being biased, I don't have a problem with them on TV. But Fox News slogan is "Fair & Balanced." They are basically tricking millions of people watching who think it's a fair news channel (which a lot of people do...it's supposedly the most watched news network).

For news, I mostly watch CNN. There's still the usual liberal bias there, but it's not as extreme as MSNBC.

Fox News and MSNBC are both biased for sure, but I don't think either of them really deny it. I know you can say Fox News is claiming to be fair and balanced and that you think it may be misleading, but anyone who watches it knows that they favor the republican party, just like MSNBC favors the democratic party.

I can't say I've ever turned on my t.v. and flipped for Fox News or MSNBC as my first news option. The only time I'll really ever watch those channels are after a debate or when some legislation was passed or denied.

I don't like that Bill O'Reilly doesn't let people finish speaking all the time, but MSNBC has by FAR the worst political analyst in the history of television in Chris Matthews.

North Carolina, Virginia, and Florida are no longer being considered swings states by a lot of studies and polls. The independents are starting to look like they're going to vote for Romney.

Have any of you tried this? Give it a shot and see what you honestly come up with. I'm not sure if it's going to be filled in already, but if it is, it's not mine, but rather someone else's that I got linked from.

http://www.270towin.com/2012_election_predictions.php?mapid=LiQ

North Carolina, Virginia, and Florida are no longer being considered swings states by a lot of studies and polls. The independents are starting to look like they're going to vote for Romney.

Have any of you tried this? Give it a shot and see what you honestly come up with. I'm not sure if it's going to be filled in already, but if it is, it's not mine, but rather someone else's that I got linked from.

Dude, you have Obama losing every swing state.

Romney will not win Wisconsin, Ohio, Virginia, Florida, and North Carolina. He may win 3 out of the 5, but he will not win all five which you have him winning.

Obama has a decent lead in Wisc. and Ohio, and if he wins both of them, he wins the election...despite Romney taking VA, FLA, and NC.

Dude, you have Obama losing every swing state.

Romney will not win Wisconsin, Ohio, Virginia, Florida, and North Carolina. He may win 3 out of the 5, but he will not win all five which you have him winning.

Obama has a decent lead in Wisc. and Ohio, and if he wins both of them, he wins the election...despite Romney taking VA, FLA, and NC.

Reading comprehension.....not even once.

Also, the independents are leaning heavily towards Romney now. Libs are getting nervous. I can sense it in you. The denial...all of it.

Reading comprehension.....not even once.

Also, the independents are leaning heavily towards Romney now. Libs are getting nervous. I can sense it in you. The denial...all of it.

I honestly say it's about 70% chance Obama wins the election, 30% for Romney.

It'd be a big upset if Mitt won the election.

Romney may win the popular vote, but I just can't see him winning the electoral man. I really can't. If you look at the map, he's not winning all those swing states, so even if he loses just 2 of the 5, he easily loses the election!

I honestly say it's about 70% chance Obama wins the election, 30% for Romney.

It'd be a big upset if Mitt won the election.

Romney may win the popular vote, but I just can't see him winning the electoral man. I really can't. If you look at the map, he's not winning all those swing states, so even if he loses just 2 of the 5, he easily loses the election!

I don't necessarily disagree with you, as I've said all along that I think Obama will probably win, but I do think it's becoming much closer now.

If Obama loses Ohio..............

I don't necessarily disagree with you, as I've said all along that I think Obama will probably win, but I do think it's becoming much closer now.

If Obama loses Ohio..............

Basically agree to be honest, If Obama wins Ohio, it's over. Mitt wins Ohio, it's going to be VERY VERY close. Mitt has to have Ohio, which he is close, but is not leading right now.