Offical 2012 Presidential Election Thread

ChosenOne

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Owner

They aren't just as motivated to vote which is the sad part. Honestly, minorities are much more enthusiastic to vote for Obama than southern "rednecks" in states that are already heavily red.

"I vote fo Obama cuz hez blak cuz". You know how much of that shit I see on Facebook? Now, I know you'll try and fine some anti-Obama redneck comment somewhere, but you're kidding yourself if you think rednecks are more likely to go vote for Romney than minorities are for Obama. When handouts are on the line, there's going to be a lot of votes.

Come to Kansas, and your mind will be blown. There are a lot of blacks here that vote against him, also.

To say that rednecks aren't as motivated...lol, where are you basing this out of? Kansas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Texas...people believe that voting = saving the country from a terrorist trying to eliminate the word of God from existence. I live about three minutes from the state of Oklahoma, and I drive 40 minutes into it quite a bit, and around election time, in both states (Kansas and Okla), you would think everyone was receiving $500 per sign stuck in their yard, or money for every bumper sticker.

What I remember is a lot of Republicans talking about how this was going to be a lock for Romney, that he had a big chance, because of new Voter ID laws being enforced...and when the election was approaching, talk was that New York and New Jersey would have less voters, because of Hurricane Sandy. Still didn't matter.

I'm actually kind of shocked that you aren't putting Romney on blast. A lot of Republicans are doing that over here. Serious question...looking back, would you have selected another Republican candidate to run against Obama? I doubt any of them were going to beat Obama, but Romney sure didn't help himself on his way to a big loss.

Come to Kansas, and your mind will be blown. There are a lot of blacks here that vote against him, also.

To say that rednecks aren't as motivated...lol, where are you basing this out of? Kansas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Texas...people believe that voting = saving the country from a terrorist trying to eliminate the word of God from existence. I live about three minutes from the state of Oklahoma, and I drive 40 minutes into it quite a bit, and around election time, in both states (Kansas and Okla), you would think everyone was receiving $500 per sign stuck in their yard, or money for every bumper sticker.

What I remember is a lot of Republicans talking about how this was going to be a lock for Romney, that he had a big chance, because of new Voter ID laws being enforced...and when the election was approaching, talk was that New York and New Jersey would have less voters, because of Hurricane Sandy. Still didn't matter.

I'm actually kind of shocked that you aren't putting Romney on blast. A lot of Republicans are doing that over here. Serious question...looking back, would you have selected another Republican candidate to run against Obama? I doubt any of them were going to beat Obama, but Romney sure didn't help himself on his way to a big loss.

I'm talking about rednecks in the red states. You pretty much know those deep south states are going to vote red no matter what, so whether or not rednecks that might not want to vote do or don't, it never makes a major difference in those states.

However, some of the swing states have heavy minority voters, which is always trouble for the Republican party.

Please, I'd love for you to show me some credible sources where Republican's were claiming that they had a chance in NY or NJ like you are alluding.

They aren't just as motivated to vote which is the sad part. Honestly, minorities are much more enthusiastic to vote for Obama than southern "rednecks" in states that are already heavily red.

"I vote fo Obama cuz hez blak cuz". You know how much of that shit I see on Facebook? Now, I know you'll try and fine some anti-Obama redneck comment somewhere, but you're kidding yourself if you think rednecks are more likely to go vote for Romney than minorities are for Obama. When handouts are on the line, there's going to be a lot of votes.

Dude, you still don't get what I'm saying! Both are motivated to vote. However, there are MORE (population wise) minorities than Southern Rednecks...so of course it's going to swing Obama's direction.

However, some of the swing states have heavy minority voters, which is always trouble for the Republican party.

And rightfully so. Their policies and talking points do not appeal to minorities. Blacks vote Democratic no matter if Obama is running or John Kerry.

for real though i think it's the tea party and ultra religious right that makes people scared of the republican party

everytime bill o'reily or ann coutler run their mouths ppl change votes

I agree with this... But Bill O'Reilly isn't that bad. It's people like Limbaugh, or Glenn Beck that scare people (moderates, which makes up a ton of the electorate).

Edited by JYD

The Republican Party will always have a problem as long as they sit on that super conservative base. They have to run on such a crazy conservative soapbox just to win the bid that when they try to revert back to their initial stances they look like liars and frauds.

You can't win elections when you box minority groups into a "can't win" category.

what does this have to do with minority? Cause Republicans dont want ILLEGALS living in this country? Cause they want people to get off their lazes asses and do something with their life instead of wanting a free handout?

The Republican Party will always have a problem as long as they sit on that super conservative base. They have to run on such a crazy conservative soapbox just to win the bid that when they try to revert back to their initial stances they look like liars and frauds.

Too bad Romney was probably the most moderate Republican who they believed would beat Obama in an election. Except they were too retarded to figure out that the person who could beat Obama was Ron Paul

Too bad Romney was probably the most moderate Republican who they believed would beat Obama in an election. Except they were too retarded to figure out that the person who could beat Obama was Ron Paul

I love Ron paul but unfortunately too many people see him being too radical and many republicans don't like his stance on military non intervention . It would if been an interesting election if he was going up.

Pretty much this.

Sometimes I think Romney wouldn't have made a bad President, but then I don't even know what he truly stands for. If he's the moderate Mitt Romney, I think he'd be a decent President...but I'm afraid he'd be far too right.

Maybe true, but did you see the strong cons platform he had to run on to win the repub bid and then the moderate stance he took when going against Obama? Which was the true Romney? The one to win the bid or the one to try and win presidency? Or neither?

As long as they're trying to have to please two different crowds of people, they'll look like a fraud to one half of the country. Or both.

Edited by iMan

First time I've seen him cry.

He shed a tear or two during his last campaign rally in Iowa a few nights ago. He had to wipe them away really quick.

I think his quote couldn't be more true:

"I ran because your voices had been shut out of our democracy for way too long." —President Obama