Offical 2012 Presidential Election Thread

ChosenOne

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

obama gonna win florida, ohio, and virginia. can't wait to lick ecn's tears

Ohio and VA I could see. don't see FL going to obama. but i don't know if it matters? but i'm no pollster, just gathering info from different sources and i've concluded romney would need to win almost every battle ground state.

just like most of us have been saying...comes down to ohio

Edited by JYD

• Owner

Anyone see this speech yet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fR9jMgWq6pc

This was amazing, especially the last four minutes (gave me goosebumps). He describes his plan at 12:00, and then goes into Kobe mode in the clutch.

Whether you like him or not, agree or disagree with his words, or even believe what he says, that speech (especially those last four minutes) was powerful.

This was amazing, especially the last four minutes (gave me goosebumps). He describes his plan at 12:00, and then goes into Kobe mode in the clutch.

Whether you like him or not, agree or disagree with his words, or even believe what he says, that speech (especially those last four minutes) was powerful.

Can't wait to bump this in 4 years when all those promises turn out to not happen

Not just the last 4 but the last 12 he did mad work in.

• Owner

Why do some people think Obama is a good president :mellow:

It's not as shocking as those who think a good President would wipe out medical insurance and assistance altogether, and believe that you can just save up your own money and pay for your own medical issues when the time comes.

• Like 1

Why do some people think Obama is a good president :mellow:

He believes in women's rights, and a woman as a choice to what she wants with her body. Also Planned parenthood. What would you do if you had a 14 year old, who is not on birth control because Romney/Ryan dont believe in that. Gets raped.. Remember Paul Ryan say says its a form of conception.. and gets preganant. BTW no abortion or another choices because she cant chose what she wants to do with her body? don't worry... Ill wait for your answer.

Say your mom HAS to take a 20% paycut because they dont believe a woman should get payed as much as a man? GFOH

Again let me say this... Obama aint too much better himself you cant say one day "I don't belive in same-sex marriage" Then a few months before election you say you do.. Naw [expletive]a it dont go both ways...

Jill Stein to be honest, but why waste a vote when I KNOW she wont win... So Im voting Obama

Edit. I still rather have Regan or HW Bush than Romney

Edited by deestillballin

He believes in women's rights, and a woman as a choice to what she wants with her body. Also Planned parenthood. What would you do if you had a 14 year old, who is not on birth control because Romney/Ryan dont believe in that. Gets raped.. Remember Paul Ryan say says its a form of conception.. and gets preganant. BTW no abortion or another choices because she cant chose what she wants to do with her body? don't worry... Ill wait for your answer.

Say your mom HAS to take a 20% paycut because they dont believe a woman should get payed as much as a man? GFOH

Again let me say this... Obama aint too much better himself you cant say one day "I don't belive in same-sex marriage" Then a few months before election you say you do.. Naw [expletive]a it dont go both ways...

Jill Stein to be honest, but why waste a vote when I KNOW she wont win... So Im voting Obama

Edit. I still rather have Regan or HW Bush than Romney

Its funny that you bring up women's pay. Because the women in your boys White House make less than the men do. 18% less to be exact.

Who took the fall for Benghazi? A woman. Even though it wasn't her fault whatsoever just so Obama didn't look like a complete ass hat in an election year.

How many women have lost jobs under O? A shit ton.

There's more to it than abortion.

Why should tax payers have to pay for your contraception? Is it too much to go out and buy a condom or birth control on your own? Like you said, its YOUR body, why should everyone else be responsible to provide you with condoms or birth control?

Edited by Flash

Why should tax payers have to pay for your contraception? Is it too much to go out and buy a condom or birth control on your own? Like you said, its YOUR body, why should everyone else be responsible to provide you with condoms or birth control?

How can I pay for it if Paul Ryan wants to get rid of it or doesn't believe in it? That's what I'm saying. They are trying to get rid of Planned Parenthood, that's MORE than just abortion. It is Condoms, Birth Control, Alternatives etc.. (Most people don't know that so I'll let that slide ;))

Quite frankly all politicians lie, and are full of shit. I rather vote for the lesser of 2 evils who lets me know I have a choice of what I want to do with my body. I just don't know something about A MAN, who tells me what I should do with my body just urks me. Especially if his Vice knows nothing about what its like to be a victim, and to have the balls to say what he said.

• Owner

Its funny that you bring up women's pay. Because the women in your boys White House make less than the men do. 18% less to be exact.

So the women and men in the White House all have the same exact jobs? If they do, your statement means something. If they don't (and they don't), what's your point?

You saw this on TV, huh?

How can I pay for it if Paul Ryan wants to get rid of it or doesn't believe in it? That's what I'm saying. They are trying to get rid of Planned Parenthood, that's MORE than just abortion. It is Condoms, Birth Control, Alternatives etc.. (Most people don't know that so I'll let that slide ;))

Quite frankly all politicians lie, and are full of shit. I rather vote for the lesser of 2 evils who lets me know I have a choice of what I want to do with my body. I just don't know something about A MAN, who tells me what I should do with my body just urks me. Especially if his Vice knows nothing about what its like to be a victim, and to have the balls to say what he said.

You're so misinformed its comical. No one is getting rid of condoms or birth control all together. They're cutting funding to Planned Parenthood but you can still go to your local CVS or whatever pharmacy you use and buy a pack of condoms or get a prescription for birth control.

And no they don't all have the same jobs in the White House, but even then women still aren't being paid equally, the facts are right there but I know you don't do well with those.

And lol @ this white house letting you do what you please with your body. You're going to get fined if you don't buy health insurance. $695 to be exact.

The government is FORCING you to buy a product. You're all about freedom to do what you want with your body yet you support a candidate who introduced a bill that included a fine for not buying healthcare.

Edited by Flash

• Owner

And no they don't all have the same jobs in the White House, but even then women still aren't being paid equally, the facts are right there but I know you don't do well with those.

The facts for what? You just said women are being paid less in the White House...and that they should be getting paid as much as the men who are in there. Does the maid count? How much do these women make, and what jobs are we talking about?

I mean, if you're going to hit me with your facts...then you better have a reason to. With your comment above, you pretty much had to bail out on what you said, or flip the switch and alter the discussion a little...and that's no surprise to me, let's just be honest here.

Give me the man, and the woman, who have the same exact job in the White House...and then give me their annual salaries...or just turn around and walk away, Mittens. It's really that simple, correct?

Oh, and here are some more Obamacare provisions the "lesser of 2 evils" will include.

Among the objections to ObamaCare, one that has not gotten as much attention as it should is the president's power to waive the law for any company, union or other enterprise he chooses.

The 14th Amendment to the Constitution provides for "equal protection of the laws" for all Americans. To have a law that can cost an organization millions of dollars a year either apply or not apply, depending on the whim or political interest of the President of the United States, is to make a mockery of the rule of law.

How secure is any freedom when there is this kind of arbitrary power in the hands of one man?

What does your right of freedom of speech mean if saying something that irritates the Obama administration means that you or your business has to pay huge amounts of money and get hit with all sorts of red tape under ObamaCare that your competitor is exempted from, because your competitor either kept quiet or praised the Obama administration or donated to its reelection campaign?

Arbitrary ObamaCare waivers are bad enough by themselves. They are truly ominous as part of a more general practice of this administration to create arbitrary powers that permit them to walk roughshod over the basic rights of the American people.

The checks and balances of the Constitution have been evaded time and time again by the Obama administration, undermining the fundamental right of the people to determine the laws that govern them, through their elected representatives.

You do not have a self-governing people when huge laws are passed too fast for the public to even know what is in them.

You do not have a self-governing people when "czars" are created by Executive Orders, so that individuals wielding vast powers equal to, or greater than, the powers of Cabinet members do not have to be vetted and confirmed by the people's elected representatives in the Senate, as Cabinet members must be.

You do not have a self-governing people when decisions to take military action are referred to the United Nations and the Arab League, but not to the Congress of the United States, elected by the American people, whose blood and treasure are squandered.

You do not have a self-governing people when a so-called "consumer protection" agency is created to be financed by the unelected officials of the Federal Reserve System, which can create its own money out of thin air, instead of being financed by appropriations voted by elected members of Congress who have to justify their priorities and trade-offs to the taxpaying public.

You do not have a self-governing people when laws passed by the Congress, signed by previous Presidents, and approved by the federal courts, can have the current President waive whatever sections he does not like, and refuse to enforce those sections, despite his oath to see that the laws are faithfully executed.

Barack Obama, for example, has refused to carry out sections of the immigration laws that he does not like, unilaterally creating de facto amnesty for those illegal immigrants he has chosen to be exempt from the law. The issue is not -- repeat, NOT -- the wisdom or justice of this President's immigration policy, but the seizing of arbitrary powers not granted to any President by the Constitution of the United States.

You do not have a self-governing people if President Obama succeeds in having international treaties under United Nations auspices govern the way Americans live their lives, whether with gun control laws or other laws.

Obama's "citizen of the world" mindset was revealed back in 2008, when he said "We can't drive our SUVs and eat as much as we want and keep our homes on 72 degrees at all times ... and then just expect that every other country is going to say okay."

The desire to circumvent the will of the American people was revealed even more ominously when Barack Obama said to Russian President Medvedev -- when he thought the microphone was off -- that, after he is reelected and need never face the voters again, he can be more "flexible" with the Russians about missile defense.

Lol he gets to choose who the law is enforced on and who isn't.

lol Flash is almost as bad at politics as he is college algebra

Oh hey good joke man!

Tell me where I'm wrong and where you disagree instead of making stupid [expletive]ing remarks.

Edited by Flash

• Owner

...lol.

Using the 2011 annual report of White House staff salaries that was submitted to Congress, an $11,000 difference is clear between the median female employee salary and the median male employee salary.
The current administration's gender differential is certainly not the first, as former President Bill Clinton only had four women among his 17 top paid employees.

The downward trend continued with President George W. Bush, who only had 35 women among his top 122 workers.

OF COURSE! Because the jobs aren't the same.

First comment I saw on the page, by the way...

Thanks for failing to mention what jobs these specific people do. Seriously, I couldn't possibly have found the exact same thing in the Bush Administration given that the majority of the high ranking posts were held by men? Right? Or would it have been an even greater divide. No wonder you're a dubious news paper. You wouldn't know how to measure JOB TO JOB pay if your life dependent on it. No wonder right wingers always destroy the economy. They don't even know the first thing about how to measure it. Face it, the GOP in America are regulating women's junk in ways we haven't seen in decades. I guess it's a lot easier than having a public discussion about how much of a complete and utter failure supply side economics and trickle down theories were to the economy.

LOL.

You should move to Kansas, buddy. You'd fit in perfectly around here.

• Like 1