L.A. Lakers @ Cleveland

Pau Gasol's spine (and certain other body parts) please pick up the white courtesy phone...

When Gasol is in Caballo mode the Lakers win, when he's not they lose to the elite. Pau playing like a female body part, poor ft shooting and poor ball movement in the 4th haunted LA, but the Cavs earned the win behind great games from Bron, Varejao and Delonte.

LA's lack of success against the best teams should give Kupchak the freedom to deal deadline. Question is who can they get and how much play last years will have in trade value. Hinrich seems the most possible target, with Harris and Bosh entering pipe country but obviously worth pursuing.

The Lakers had some success with Odom and Artest as a switch tandem on James, they need to go to that look in the 4th if they should see the Cavs in the finals. Lakers are being done in by the Boston zone schemes, all the more reason to be aggressive deadline. As is the Lakers do not repeat.

• Owner

Lakers are being done in by the Boston zone schemes, all the more reason to be aggressive deadline.

Just imagine what Bosh does for that problem, and how much that opens up Bryant (or Bosh, or whoever they want).

They don't double because the Cavaliers are the best three-point shooting team in the NBA. They have Mo, Parker, West, Gibson, Moon and Ilgauskas, all who can make open threes at will. Teams won't double Shaq, either, even though he can still have his way with most centers in the NBA right now.

Kobe saw a double every single time he touched the ball in the second half tonight. I didn't see a single double on LeBron until he hit the paint, which is just ridiculous if we're not sticking Bryant on him.

Are you actually seeing where these guys are catching the ball? Kobe posts up a lot now and the double comes because he is posting up closer to the rim. LeBron doesn't post up half as much as Kobe and when he does he is a lot farther from the rim. The majority of the time LeBron catches the ball is at the top of the key outside the three point line which is just foolish to send a double at him there as the offense will just pick the D apart with crisp passing. The doubles come on LeBron once he makes his move, but because of his amazing quickness and strength the double usually has little impact on what LeBron wants to do and he will get something going anyway. LeBron is too athletic and strong for these doubles to negate his impact unlike your man Kobe who is starting to look like an old man.

• Owner

Are you actually seeing where these guys are catching the ball? Kobe posts up a lot now and the double comes because he is posting up closer to the rim. LeBron doesn't post up half as much as Kobe and when he does he is a lot farther from the rim. The majority of the time LeBron catches the ball is at the top of the key outside the three point line which is just foolish to send a double at him there as the offense will just pick the D apart with crisp passing. The doubles come on LeBron once he makes his move, but because of his amazing quickness and strength the double usually has little impact on what LeBron wants to do and he will get something going anyway. LeBron is too athletic and strong for these doubles to negate his impact unlike your man Kobe who is starting to look like an old man.

Kobe is looking like an old man? LOL...did you see the game? :lol:

And, no, Kobe doesn't post up when Bynum and Gasol are both in the game. The only time Kobe posts up is when Odom is running the offense, Bynum or Gasol are out of the game, AND he's got a smaller defender on him (ex. West).

Bryant was getting doubled, and stuck in corners, without posting up. It happened three consecutive times, at one point.

Nobody comes out to defend LeBron at the three point line, which is why he's attempted 15-20 threes in his last two games, and why he has a career high in threes attempted per game this season.

Yes, I watch my Lakers, every game. Since Gasol's return, Kobe has posted up 75% less. And the doubles put on LeBron, when they happen, have slowed him quite a bit. Refer to Houston and what they did to him last season sometime in February, and also check into the Magic's game against LeBron in two of the three games they played Cleveland last season.

Kobe is looking like an old man? LOL...did you see the game? :lol:

And, no, Kobe doesn't post up when Bynum and Gasol are both in the game. The only time Kobe posts up is when Odom is running the offense, Bynum or Gasol are out of the game, AND he's got a smaller defender on him (ex. West).

Bryant was getting doubled, and stuck in corners, without posting up. It happened three consecutive times, at one point.

Nobody comes out to defend LeBron at the three point line, which is why he's attempted 15-20 threes in his last two games, and why he has a career high in threes attempted per game this season.

Yes, I watch my Lakers, every game. Since Gasol's return, Kobe has posted up 75% less. And the doubles put on LeBron, when they happen, have slowed him quite a bit. Refer to Houston and what they did to him last season sometime in February, and also check into the Magic's game against LeBron in two of the three games they played Cleveland last season.

Kobe is looking slow, he is injured, and has lost explosiveness and quickness. Did you see him trying to guard LeBron only to get completely owned, steamrolled, and pick up the Blocking foul? You like to complain about Artest guarding LeBron, but Kobe got owned just as bad.

Kobe posts up with Gasol and Bynum in the game. He seems to post up on roughly half of his touches. I can recall an instance where Kobe posted up right next to Gasol, Gasol came over for the pick LOL, and then kobe passed it. I believe that was against Orlando, but Kobe only posting up without Gasol or Bynum in the game is laughable. LA always has at least one of them out there. Kobe is posting up because of his nagging injuries, showing age is catching up to him and he can't use his quickness to blow by guys anymore.

As far as referring to the Houston games, no team has a duo like Battier/Artest which is way better than Kobe/Artest also. They also had a prime guy in Yao back there backing them up as well as a great cast of players that all know how to play help defense. Just a terrific defensive team overall. How about we look at how LA's double teams worked once LeBron stormed into the paint? Pretty pathetic honestly and LeBron made the Lakers look like a middle school team with his 37 points, 9 assists, on 50%+ shooting.

Anyway I am done for tonight, we can continue this tomorrow sweetheart.

• Owner

Kobe is looking slow, he is injured, and has lost explosiveness and quickness. Did you see him trying to guard LeBron only to get completely owned, steamrolled, and pick up the Blocking foul? You like to complain about Artest guarding LeBron, but Kobe got owned just as bad.

Kobe posts up with Gasol and Bynum in the game. He seems to post up on roughly half of his touches. I can recall an instance where Kobe posted up right next to Gasol, Gasol came over for the pick LOL, and then kobe passed it. I believe that was against Orlando, but Kobe only posting up without Gasol or Bynum in the game is laughable. LA always has at least one of them out there. Kobe is posting up because of his nagging injuries, showing age is catching up to him and he can't use his quickness to blow by guys anymore.

As far as referring to the Houston games, no team has a duo like Battier/Artest which is way better than Kobe/Artest also. They also had a prime guy in Yao back there backing them up as well as a great cast of players that all know how to play help defense. Just a terrific defensive team overall. How about we look at how LA's double teams worked once LeBron stormed into the paint? Pretty pathetic honestly and LeBron made the Lakers look like a middle school team with his 37 points, 9 assists, on 50%+ shooting.

Anyway I am done for tonight, we can continue this tomorrow sweetheart.

Uh, actually, he didn't get owned defending LeBron. He contested a couple of shots, making him miss on a strongly-contested three as well, after he caught fire. Stop watching SportsCenter highlights and looking at boxscores. Haha, nice to pick up one blocking foul, though...LOL did you see Kobe drop that jumper on LeBron's face? Guess that means LeBron is getting old... :rolleyes:

Houston was a terrific defensive team last season, but LA isn't this year? The Rockets were 4th, defensively, while this year's Lakers are currently ranked 2nd.

No, Kobe doesn't post up with both of our seven-footers in the game. You're dead wrong. He takes the post when one is out. If you think he posts up with both in the game, you might need to read up more on the triangle offense.

And don't call me sweetheart. I don't swing that way.

This one was a legitimate loss on the road against an elite team. Unlike last game we showed up, and again we got outplayed and outhustled. Our front court can't stand up to Shaq at all. It's like they were being scolded by their parents. Maybe when June rolls around our intensity will increase; maybe Pau and Drew will get tougher and more intense, or maybe Artest will actually start to bother Lebron. Tough loss though. Our offense wasn't the problem. imo, it was that their offense was that much better which rolls on our defense. Our defense wasn't that bad. We gave them tough looks, but we gave them alot of open 3s and slow rotations too.

I'm convinced now, that Cleveland can more than likely meet us in the Finals. Good game tho! I bet Cleveland's Finest had alot of fun in there lol.

• Owner

This one was a legitimate loss on the road against an elite team. Unlike last game we showed up, and again we got outplayed and outhustled. Our front court can't stand up to Shaq at all. It's like they were being scolded by their parents. Maybe when June rolls around our intensity will increase; maybe Pau and Drew will get tougher and more intense, or maybe Artest will actually start to bother Lebron. Tough loss though. Our offense wasn't the problem. imo, it was that their offense was that much better which rolls on our defense. Our defense wasn't that bad. We gave them tough looks, but we gave them alot of open 3s and slow rotations too.

I'm convinced now, that Cleveland can more than likely meet us in the Finals. Good game tho! I bet Cleveland's Finest had alot of fun in there lol.

I just didn't like Phil's decision to rest Bryant for seven minutes in the fourth, and the Lakers were pressing late in the shot clock on a TON of shots in the third, and looked to Bryant to bail them out.

That was my only problem with the offense, really...just nobody was trying to get open, and they were spectators more than teammates (with the exception of Farmar and Brown, actually).

The defense was bad. Kobe held West very well, did good on LeBron, and I actually liked what Farmar was doing out there (a first)...but other than that, it was hard for me to watch.

Shaq may have had his way with Gasol and Bynum, but Bynum needs to put more effort into it. Gasol is rail thin compared to Shaq, but at least he tries to play physical basketball. Trying doesn't mean a lot if you don't produce, though.

:lol:

The only January game that I consider a big deal is Kobe's 81.

This is what I meant with my first post in this thread. Its posts like these that make so many people get heated with Laker fans.

Did the Lakers not celebrate their huge wins over Boston last season just as much as the Cavs did against the two wins against the Lakers this season? I am sure that you remember how excited they were after beating the Celtics in overtime last year.

The Cavs just swept the season series with the defending NBA Champions and the team with the best record in the NBA. It doesn't matter if the game happened in January, March or November. It is a huge win for the Cavs and this win means that the Cavs no longer have to outright beat the Lakers record if they want homecourt in the Finals, if these two teams were to meet.

I don't know, it may just be me, but that sounds like a pretty legit reason for a team to get excited about.

• Owner

This is what I meant with my first post in this thread. Its posts like these that make so many people get heated with Laker fans.

Did the Lakers not celebrate their huge wins over Boston last season just as much as the Cavs did against the two wins against the Lakers this season? I am sure that you remember how excited they were after beating the Celtics in overtime last year.

The Cavs just swept the season series with the defending NBA Champions and the team with the best record in the NBA. It doesn't matter if the game happened in January, March or November. It is a huge win for the Cavs and this win means that the Cavs no longer have to outright beat the Lakers record if they want homecourt in the Finals, if these two teams were to meet.

I don't know, it may just be me, but that sounds like a pretty legit reason for a team to get excited about.

It is a huge win for Cleveland, and I consider it a huge loss for the Lakers.

Thing is, most of the people that do get involved with Lakers fans are those who only show their faces at the end of losses. They never discuss Lakers basketball until then, and that's why it's annoying and uncalled for.

I know people don't like a lot of Lakers fans. If many of them saw me posting at TLN, they'd realize I don't, either. That doesn't make it right to turn into a smart ass and post unnecessary remarks in gameday losses, like Diesel (one of our banned members) used to do all the time.

If members want to discuss the Lakers, they can do it. If they want to be happy about a loss, they can talk about it. They don't need to go any further than that, though. The Sixers have lost 28 games this season. I don't go in each game topic and laugh about it, just because I don't like a few Philly fans. In fact, I've discussed topics in a mature manner with them, including those about Dalembert, Iverson returning, Eddie Jordan, and many others...what members should be doing here.

And you already know this isn't me swinging at you, just a clarification. ;)

Its like I said before, I really don't know the history of the site and things like that, so I am only speaking on what I have noticed since becoming a regular poster here (so in other words, since the season started mainly).

I completely agree with what you are saying as well. I am not pro or anti Laker by any stretch of the imagination. The only two teams who I actually do not like in the NBA are the Boston Celtics and the New York Knicks (mainly from posting at ISH as the Knick fans over there are just awful). Despite the fact that I hate the Celtics, I don't go into game threads where they lose games just to rub it in their faces.

I hope that nobody gets the wrong opinion from this post as I am not trying to build anybody up to be the "good guy" and anybody up to the the "bad guy". If the roles were reversed and the Lakers won the game and a Cavs fan made posts making excuses for the loss or trying to diminish the Lakers win, I would be saying the same thing.

I mean, you know me, I am not the kind of poster that would wait until a loss to speak my mind. If I have something to say, positive or negative, about a particular team, fanbase, member or whatever, I am going to be straight with you and say it regardless of the circumstance. So again, I hope that nobody gets the wrong impression from the two (now three) posts that I have made in this thread.

Anyways, I've said my peace. Looking forward to seeing the Lakers dominate the Raptors on Sunday. I'm sure that this discussion will pick right back up in that thread.

Edited by Built Ford Tough

LOL, Positive Pete to the rescue. I'm sure Bosh will drop 30 on us, don't worry.

Lol, he dropped a career high 44 on the Bucks but it didn't make a difference with Hedo and Wright chucking up jumpers down the stretch.

Getting your hopes up as a Raptor fan leads to nothing but disapointment. I've learned that the hard way. :lol:

A lot of them did, I didn't. I was happy that we actually won a game in Boston after getting embarrassed the year before, but I didn't count my eggs before they hatched.

people get so excited after a Lakers loss

I could care less about last night, the regular season means nothing. If I remember correctly the Magic swept us last season, and we all know what happened to them in the finals. We will have the best record, and home court throughout the postseason when it's all said and done, the Cavs need to worry about the first seed in the east and winning against the likes of Boston, Atlanta, and Orlando. It's not a easy road for them.