L.A. Lakers @ Cleveland

• Owner

Gasol chokes, Fisher is the worst starting point in the league, Shaq crushed Bynum and Pau, and Artest should've never been assigned LeBron.

This game was really over in the third, once Cleveland started forcing that strong double on Bryant.

Fact of the matter is, Phil Jackson needs to stop [expletive] around with the five-man units, keeping Bryant out of the fourth for seven minutes, and playing old man Fisher for that long.

Pathetic game, once again.

Shocked.

Lol, can you blame him though? No offense to all Laker fans and this isn't directed towards you all as a whole, but some Laker fans on here talk a lot of smack which will obviously get under some peoples skin and will make them want to see the Lakers lose.

I don't know if he has a history of dislike for the Lakers or anything either, so forgive me if this happens a lot. I am still relatively new here and don't know the tendancies of posters.

I didn't really care who won the game. I was just hoping for a great finish to the game and I got that. Sucks for Laker fans that Pau missed those two free throws that would've tied the game up with 24 seconds left, or whatever it was. That and the loose ball foul on Artest after the missed free throw by LeBron just killed the Lakers tonight. When you have a player like Bryant on your team all you ask is that you are in a position to tie or win the game during the final seconds, and if the Lakers would've capitalized on their opportunities, they would've got that.

Props to the Cavs though. They came up big without their second best player in Mo Williams and Jamario Moon, who played really well against the Lakers back on Christmas. It was a good game and once again showed how evenly matched these two teams are.

Edited by Built Ford Tough

Wow, another loss to the Cavs. I didnt watch the game, but based on the boxscore I can pretty much point out the reason why we lost-their starting five clearly outplayed our starting five.

Kobe shot poor again. I could care less for his 25,000 point accomplishment. 31 shots to get 31 points, that is rarely going to get us a win. Efficieny, we need efficiency Kobe. I dont want him shooting over 30 shots ever, especially with the cast surrounding him.

Gasol didnt show up, it's games like these that I would hope he would step it up especially against someone like Hickson. That is just pathetic.

The benches looked like they canceled each other out. But with Delonte starting we should have had the advantage.

[expletive] it, I dont even want to talk about it. My hatred for LeBron and the Cavs is growing larger and larger every time we play them.

• Owner

Lol, can you blame him though? No offense to all Laker fans and this isn't directed towards you all as a whole, but some Laker fans on here talk a lot of smack which will obviously get under some peoples skin and will make them want to see the Lakers lose.

I don't know if he has a history of dislike for the Lakers or anything either, so forgive me if this happens a lot. I am still relatively new here and don't know the tendancies of posters.

I didn't really care who won the game. I was just hoping for a great finish to the game and I got that. Sucks for Laker fans that Pau missed those two free throws that would've tied the game up with 24 seconds left, or whatever it was. That and the loose ball foul on Artest after the missed free throw by LeBron just killed the Lakers tonight. When you have a player like Bryant on your team all you ask is that you are in a position to tie or win the game during the final seconds, and if the Lakers would've capitalized on their opportunities, they would've got that.

Props to the Cavs though. They came up big without their second best player in Mo Williams and Jamario Moon, who played really well against the Lakers back on Christmas. It was a good game and once again showed how evenly matched these two teams are.

Nah, that reply was just mocking another from a football topic. I actually enjoy when people root against the Lakers, believe it or not. Otherwise, I would've opened up a Lakers board (like I had planned on doing) instead of OTR.

Real Deal, would you now admit that Lebron > Kobe? Because im starting to come around.

How many times did we double LeBron this game? How many teams actually double him?

Kobe is the better defender, has a better jumper and better post game. That, alone makes him better. Sticking Ron Artest on LeBron, out on an island, isn't proving much to me. Bryant would've lit Ron up for 50 if that happened last year against Houston.

Alright well I am just saying Lebron is hard to contain. You cant play him close cause hel blow past you, you cant play back cause he can knock down jumpers with ease now, hes really become the best imo. When the playoffs come it might be a different story, but I think what your trying to say is you cant double Lebron cause he has too many shooters around him. Which is a true statement.

To ask you a question RD, how come teams dont double team Lebron like you suggested?

Edited by kingfish

• Owner

Alright well I am just saying Lebron is hard to contain. You cant play him close cause hel blow past you, you cant play back cause he can knock down jumpers with ease now, hes really become the best imo. When the playoffs come it might be a different story, but I think what your trying to say is you cant double Lebron cause he has too many shooters around him. Which is a true statement.

To ask you a question RD, how come teams dont double team Lebron like you suggested?

They don't double because the Cavaliers are the best three-point shooting team in the NBA. They have Mo, Parker, West, Gibson, Moon and Ilgauskas, all who can make open threes at will. Teams won't double Shaq, either, even though he can still have his way with most centers in the NBA right now.

Kobe saw a double every single time he touched the ball in the second half tonight. I didn't see a single double on LeBron until he hit the paint, which is just ridiculous if we're not sticking Bryant on him.

• Owner

By the way, it's still a loss, doesn't matter when it happened. When was losing a good thing? There are no moral victories, and people will find this out if we end up losing home court advantage by one game.

The Lakers didn't play all that poorly (Except for when the Cavs ran a 3-4 screen to switch Odom onto LeBron) but Gasol has been a wimp in the two games against the Cavs. Last year, he didn't get roughed up. He was either too quick for your brawn, or he'd brace himself, take a hit, and finish. The possession where he got blocked by the bottom of the backboard was embarrassing. Missing two free throws when down by two? Not holding off Varejao on the backboard?

It's easy to say that Kobe was inefficient, or that Fisher stunk, or that Artest is overrated, but Fisher made a few deep shots, Artest hit a deep three and did an acceptable job of keeping LeBron out of the paint, and Kobe didn't play all that poorly. The Lakers put themselves in position late against a very good team, but Gasol multiple times didn't step up.

From the Cleveland side, how good are Varejao and West? West was blocking pull up jumpers, and Varejao makes plays time and time again to secure wins. The Cavs are looking terrific right now. I can't wait till they play Boston late February.

Just got back form the game...what an atmosphere. The 4th quarter was the LeBron show, but Andy stepped up big time. This is huge.

We beat them twice this year....beating the elite teams unlike last year.

:lol:

The only January game that I consider a big deal is Kobe's 81.

By the way, it's still a loss, doesn't matter when it happened. When was losing a good thing? There are no moral victories, and people will find this out if we end up losing home court advantage by one game.

I think the bigger problem is that the Lakers don't have those big wins over elite teams. Last year they beat the Spurs, they swept the Cavs, they swept the Celtics, they swept the Rockets, they performed well against the Nuggets. The Lakers, aside from some wins against the Hawks, the Suns, a dominant win over a tired Mavs, and the recent win over the stumbling Magic, there isn't that performance where the Lakers can say, yeah, we took on a great team's best shot and emerged victorious.

They have nice wins over Atlanta and Orlando, but their best wins are against Dallas.

They haven't beaten Denver, they haven't beaten San Antonio, they haven't beaten Portland. They still have two games with Boston.

If the Lakers don't start proving they can beat those teams, those teams will have confidence against the Lakers in the playoffs.