7) Warriors - Stephen Curry (4)

8) Knicks - Jordan Hill (6)

9) Raptors - DeMar DeRozan (5)

10) Bucks - Brandon Jennings (3)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand why a lot of people have Thabeet as a bust.

Offensively he is questionable. Has a lot of work to do to become a true high valued big man. Defensively he is sound but that is only considering his college career and not against NBA talent.

I dont understand why you have Griffen has a higher bust value then Thabeet, Derozan, Curry, Rubio and Evans.

Edited by bravenewworld

Johhny Flynn so overrated

1) Clippers - Blake Griffin (9)

2) Grizzlies - Hasheem Thabeet (7)

3) Thunder - James Harden (3)

4) Kings - Tyreke Evans (10)

5) Timberwolves - Ricky Rubio (8)

6) Timberwolves - Jonny Flynn (1)

8) Knicks - Jordan Hill (5)

9) Raptors - DeMar DeRozan (6)

10) Bucks - Brandon Jennings (2)

1) Clippers - Blake Griffin (10)

2) Grizzlies - Hasheem Thabeet (2)

3) Thunder - James Harden (8)

4) Kings - Tyreke Evans (3)

5) Timberwolves - Ricky Rubio (4)

6) Timberwolves - Jonny Flynn (8)

7) Warriors - Stephen Curry (7)

9) Raptors - DeMar DeRozan (6)

10) Bucks - Brandon Jennings (6)

Offensively he is questionable. Has a lot of work to do to become a true high valued big man. Defensively he is sound but that is only considering his college career and not against NBA talent.

Someone has to start from somewhere... he will be a very solid defender like Mutombo and he's very underrated offensively. Guy can actually run and catch passes. Learn how to position himself better, plus he has the unteachable height and he doesn't back down like Shawn Bradley.

I dont understand why you have Griffen has a higher bust value then Thabeet, Derozan, Curry, Rubio and Evans.

He's undersized and his arms are on the short side. He's athletic yes, but so was Joe Smith, who's another undersized face the rim PF. At least his comparison Boozer has post moves. Griffin's post game is very raw.

Edited by Snake

Johhny Flynn so overrated

I disagree. The only downside I see to his game is that he is a bit turnover prone, that's literally it. His jump shot is underrated, he has elite athleticism for a point guard, he is a great passer, and he can defend.

As for Griffin, he reminds me most of Kenyon Martin. Freak athletes coming out of college, good defensively (Martin is better I believe), can throw it down with the best of them for big men, bad jumpshot... I think if he can stay healthy he will be an all-star at best, but I don't know if he can stay healthy with his style of play.

Edited by Camby23Land

1) Clippers - Blake Griffin (9)

2) Grizzlies - Hasheem Thabeet (3)

3) Thunder - James Harden (9)

4) Kings - Tyreke Evans (5)

5) Timberwolves - Ricky Rubio (2)

6) Timberwolves - Jonny Flynn (10)

8) Knicks - Jordan Hill (8)

9) Raptors - DeMar DeRozan (7)

10) Bucks - Brandon Jennings (1)

Edited by deestillballin

5) Timberwolves - Ricky Rubio (1)

6) Timberwolves - Jonny Flynn (6)

7) Warriors - Stephen Curry (2)

8) Knicks - Jordan Hill (4)

10) Bucks - Brandon Jennings (8)

7) Warriors - Stephen Curry (2)

10) Bucks - Brandon Jennings (8)

I find it funny when people say Rubio will be the biggest bust and then say Brandon Jennings has one of the lowest chances of being a bust.

When Rubio was visibly the better player in a better league.

I find it funny when people say Rubio will be the biggest bust and then say Brandon Jennings has one of the lowest chances of being a bust.

When Rubio was visibly the better player in a better league.

This is the NBA not Euroleague. Jennings got jobbed when it came to PT over there. Its a matter of opinion as well. I think Jennings' game fits the NBA better.

This is the NBA not Euroleague. Jennings got jobbed when it came to PT over there. Its a matter of opinion as well. I think Jennings' game fits the NBA better.

No he didnt, hes just not talented enough. And what makes Jennings game fit better? is it because hes black and athletic :)

No he didnt, hes just not talented enough. And what makes Jennings game fit better? is it because hes black and athletic :)

Jennings is more explosive and a better finisher so that helps a lot whereas Rubio is limited athletically and not as good a finisher. Rubio also turns it over a lot and against NBA defenses it'll only get tougher for him. Neither is a great shooter but I think Jennings can develop his jumper easier than Rubio.

I just like Jennings's game more than Rubio's that's all. What's it to you?

4) Kings - Tyreke Evans (2)

6) Timberwolves - Jonny Flynn (7)

7) Warriors - Stephen Curry (8)

4) Kings - Tyreke Evans (2)

6) Timberwolves - Jonny Flynn (7)

7) Warriors - Stephen Curry (8)

You must like Jennings because he's black too I guess :lol:

Jennings is more explosive and a better finisher so that helps a lot whereas Rubio is limited athletically and not as good a finisher. Rubio also turns it over a lot and against NBA defenses it'll only get tougher for him. Neither is a great shooter but I think Jennings can develop his jumper easier than Rubio.

I just like Jennings's game more than Rubio's that's all. What's it to you?

Jennings isnt the better finisher, he might just look athletic, but Rubio can easily split and get by defenders, he also is a great finisher when it comes to layups and he isnt limited at all athletically, has a pretty high vertical and has speed in the fast break. Rubio also doesnt turn it over a lot, lol @ your research, when Spain was playing Team USA the 1st game, Calderon commited all these turnovers and when Rubio was brought in he did a better job taking care of the ball. Rubio has defenitely great ball-handling. He also is the way better defensive player and passer which would help him adjust to the league. And what makes Jennings develop his shot easier than Rubio? Rubio has one of the best work ethics, and would probably do it faster. Do more research on both players.

Jennings isnt the better finisher, he might just look athletic, but Rubio can easily split and get by defenders, he also is a great finisher when it comes to layups and he isnt limited at all athletically, has a pretty high vertical and has speed in the fast break. Rubio also doesnt turn it over a lot, lol @ your research, when Spain was playing Team USA the 1st game, Calderon commited all these turnovers and when Rubio was brought in he did a better job taking care of the ball. Rubio has defenitely great ball-handling. He also is the way better defensive player and passer which would help him adjust to the league. And what makes Jennings develop his shot easier than Rubio? Rubio has one of the best work ethics, and would probably do it faster. Do more research on both players.

Jennings is easily the better finisher of the two and it isn't close. My research also comes from Draft Express which tends to have solid info so go look at it yourself. You're talking about one game I'm speaking in general. Rubio isn't going to get away with all those passes in the NBA either. One of the biggest strengths Jennings has is his work ethic as well. I did my research so you go do yours.

Edited by Flash

Jennings is easily the better finisher of the two and it isn't close. My research also comes from Draft Express which tends to have solid info so go look at it yourself. You're talking about one game I'm speaking in general. Rubio isn't going to get away with all those passes in the NBA either. One of the biggest strengths Jennings has is his work ethic too. I did my research so you go do yours.

Jennings is easily the better finisher of the two and it isn't close. My research also comes from Draft Express which tends to have solid info so go look at it yourself. You're talking about one game I'm speaking in general. Rubio isn't going to get away with all those passes in the NBA either. One of the biggest strengths Jennings has is his work ethic as well. I did my research so you go do yours.

I dunno if we can compare finishing when it comes to point guards but Rubio knows the backboard on a goal really well. He has always been good when penetrating. Rubio has many more games showing that he has great ball handling, I was just pointing out the most noticable one and the one where he faces real NBA SUPERSTARS. How do you know he wont get away with those passes in the NBA? The guy is an amazing passer and averaged 5.8 apg in the 2nd best league in the world, and Spanish League > college basketball. Assists arent as easily given in Europe as in the states. An assist in europe, you cannot be dribbling at all, you basically have to get the ball and score.

I also, from my knowledge know that there has never been a player who has done good in the Spanish League and has sucked in the NBA.

Edited by YugoRocketsFan

He's undersized and his arms are on the short side. He's athletic yes, but so was Joe Smith, who's another undersized face the rim PF. At least his comparison Boozer has post moves. Griffin's post game is very raw.

6'10 is not undersized for a PF at all, his wing span is nearly 7 foot (about as good as it gets and third best in the draft) and yes he is insanely athletic.

His post moves need some work, but mix that with his athletic ability and yes, he probably is the best post player in the draft. Add to his basketball IQ, ability to get to the rim and create his own shot, his ball handling ability, and mostly the fact that he is physically ready to bang with NBA big men, there is really no reason at all to legitimently consider him more "bust-prone" then anyone else in the draft.

He will have an immediate impact in the NBA, not just the Clippers.

Edited by bravenewworld

1) Clippers - Blake Griffin (6)

2) Grizzlies - Hasheem Thabeet (7)

4) Kings - Tyreke Evans (7)

5) Timberwolves - Ricky Rubio (4)

6) Timberwolves - Jonny Flynn (8)

7) Warriors - Stephen Curry (6)

10) Bucks - Brandon Jennings (7)

I'm really not high on Rubio's game. I mean he can't shoot, and defensively even if he gets steals that still isn't all around defense. On the perimeter his game seemed kinda shaky and he was exposed in the workouts since he didn't want to work out against guys like Jennings, Flynn, Lawson... etc.

Everyone else can pan out either way. I don't think Hasheem will be a bust because he is very young and is a raw talent that can be worked on especially offensively. But he is defensively sound and that is a big upside to why he was picked so early.

Don't like the disrespecting of Curry. Dick V shares my opinion that Curry is clearly the 2nd best player in the draft. This talk about his body is getting ridiculous. Too many times have short/skinny guards got knocked on while coming into the league, only to then prove everyone wrong.

2) Grizzlies - Hasheem Thabeet (1)

3) Thunder - James Harden (7)

4) Kings - Tyreke Evans (8)

5) Timberwolves - Ricky Rubio (3)

7) Warriors - Stephen Curry (9)

8) Knicks - Jordan Hill (2)

9) Raptors - DeMar DeRozan (4)

10) Bucks - Brandon Jennings (5)

If Stephen Curry is the second best player in the draft, then this is easily the worst draft ever and none other can compare to it.

If Stephen Curry is the second best player in the draft, then this is easily the worst draft ever and none other can compare to it.

Having a low 'bust factor' doesn't mean you're going to be among the best players from the Draft. Different players have different expectations. For example, most people don't see James Harden being a bust; giving him 7 to 9 ratings almost all the time. But most people don't think he's going to be a star either; just he's more of a 'sure thing' than other players.