BREAKING NEWS: Michael Vick signs with Eagles

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow dude posted this on another forum with no link or anything and we all ripped on him because they said it on the "Redskins" pre game and haha wow now its offical, this is so surprising, I knew it would be like that but also it doesnt make much sense, I dont know... just happy he finally signed

You should use Vick at WR for some kinda trick meaning he will run it or maybe even throw it or something. He would be good to use for some plays on 3rd and short or so. It will be interesting with Vick

but the eagles really dont need him at reciever. we have jackson, maclin, curtis, baskett, avant, gibson.

i guess he is just a great backup QB. i cant see him doing more then that. maybe a few trick plays once in a while

Wowww I coulda swore just the other day I saw Andy Reid on "Mort goes to camp" for ESPN and he asked him if Vick was an option and Reid said no and he liked the teams QB situation.

Vick wouldnt make sense for any team. Lets be realistic here, hes been in jail for a couple years. He was never a good quarterback to start with, he cant lead a team, hes obviously immature, and hes a bad image for any team. Putting Vick at QB and taking out Mcnabb is a step down for the Eagles, actually its a step down for any team.

• Owner

Nah, Vick can still be good for an NFL team. He's just going to have to lose the attitude and work on being a quarterback, instead of acting like he's Barry Sanders. I think the right coach can fix that problem, but in return, it's going to take a lot of hard work from Michael, and if he was a younger player, that might be good. I'm just not sure Vick is willing to change after so many years.

We'll use him in wildcat formations. He doesn't have to change anything except his attitude. He's just an added weapon if he can get back in shape and keep his head straight. The salary probably isn't large either, so it's a low risk move anyways.

And this has nothing to do with McNabb. McNabb is the starter, and will be the starter unless he gets injured. If anything this just shows how much faith they have in backup QB Kevin Kolb the bust.

Edited by Jagmit